Is Movie Forums DYING?

Tools    

_____ is the most important thing in my life…
I can honestly say I never figured out a single Encyclopedia Brown case (Bill claims that they just pulled into the driveway as he tells his son to stop crawling on the hood of the car...) and maybe that's why I loved the Hardy Boys so. They never damaged my fragile self-esteem.

I WAS just BANNED.

I was serious about being @Dallas.

I don't know what kind of agreement you have with Mr. Green, but I figure you could have expected that...

Well that was more a marathon than a sprint. Some interesting stuff though. However, seeing as I'm me I'll ignore all that and go here instead.

What the hell happened here?
You see what happens? You see what happens when you rate a movie lower than

That's basically me when it comes to movies.
Yeah, tell me about it.

No more movies or music! From now on all threads on the site will be about the site.
Ooh. Dictator Day. You should absolutely do that.

Sooo… just to give us some perspective, here's a cute picture of my new GRANDSON, Yoda's nephew, affectionately named King Arthur.

Now, don't you feel better?

Firstly, congratulations to the whole family.

Secondly, how hung is that kid gonna be if he's already poking out of his shorts?

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Eh, if I were an administrator...

Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

Wow, that's some heavy reading, you've read that? I'm impressed. (BTW, I'm not much of a reader myself)
If we all lived by his writing..there would be less fighting among us.

"Do not argue what a good man should be, be one"

There’s not even enough banning going on here on this forum. I think if I was a moderator, I’d be the moderator from Hell. I’d whip this place into shape fast.
I would ban everyone who I didn't like and who didn't like me. I would call it The Purge because 2/3 would be gone.

I’d ban people if they just made me feel uneasy.
Can I be Thanos?

Come on ....say it's Star Lord's fault...thats an instant ban!!!!

The thing isolated becomes incomprehensible
Yeah, I haven't been around as I did during the first year and a half, but I'm slowly trying to be a more active member. Of course there are people who disappeared or started to post less that make it hard to feel as much addicted as I was back then. Guys like MovieMed, MovieGal, Gatsby, Captain Spaulding, Sane, HoldenPike, Camo and especially Honeykid (sorry if I forgot anyone) were posters I loved to see around here. On the other hand, Sexy Celebrity almost disappeared and I barely noticed it because we never interacted much. It all has to do with who we like the most, but old members leaving and new ones coming in is pretty much what happens in every forum, even in such a tight community as MoFo.

I hope the new ones stick to this place and create a new and better version of this forum, cause it definitely deserves so.

Oh. So you were the person single-handily responsible for the MoviePass downfall.

The Adventure Starts Here!
Firstly, congratulations to the whole family.

Secondly, how hung is that kid gonna be if he's already poking out of his shorts?
Okay, you DO know that's his umbilical cord, right?

I'll be honest, I spent the better part of a year trying to contribute and make friends here, and, I've made a couple two, three. But there is definitely a clique happening here, and that congregation is kind of a turn off considering it doesn't really speak for all of the varied tastes by a long shot. It also chafes my butt that ppl keep trying to rub new people's noses in the fact that they don;t compare to their old friends, and then we get threads like this (sorry, SC), where it's all about how MF is a dying bird, etc.

Is this even a forum about movies - is often my question.

I have plenty more areas I can contribute solid things. I don't feel like it's worth the time to constantly hear myself talk, because frankly, it usually is just me reading back what I've just written to the sound of crickets! lol

BTW, thanks for the reps, Cricket. 'preciate em!

A thread about dying. Love it.

I changed my PC so couldn't log in MoFo because of forgotten pw. When being asked for registered email address to send new pw, I forgot the email address too, it must be some address that I haven't used for years. Then I found the address, but I forgot the email's pw...
Life is beautiful.

Anyway, I understand the feeling. When your old friends have been leaving, or you yourself feel both outrageous and sensitive at the same time. Or you feel like losing a community. Because that's the only thing I've been through these 2 years. Excuse me for being a whimper, but I don't know where else to talk. Have been in depression for a while, losing my will to carry on and can't find a way out. My psychiatrist couldn't help because I kinda always know what he would say.

You guys probably don't remember me. I was a very normal plain Jane, with cheap movie taste. Can't even stand arthouse movies. Used to talk with Dani8 here and sorry to hear that she's ill.

I live alone in this country where I consider it as my homeland but they consider me as a foreigner. No family, no friends. All my friends have moved abroad or to other provinces because they couldn't find jobs here. I'm suddenly left alone. No working mates either: I work in a one-member team in the company. Have been trying desperately to talk with other teams for 6 months but nothing sticks. I downright begged them to go for lunch with me because I'm fed up with eating alone in the corner of my office. And they downright said no, because reasons. What is the limit time span for a human being to exist without social interactions? It's has been like that for 2 years for me and I feel like everything is breaking inside me.

Then, my old colleagues. I thought I made friends with some of them but when I left the place no one want to keep contact with me. They told me "it's not personal". But they keep contacts with several others. Yeah, I understand, guys. There're 7 billion people out there who don't want to get personal with me.

Then, there's this guy that I love more than my life (I'm a hopeless romanticism, don't throw stone).
He does not love me back, but we were friends and he's kinda okay with me loving him in silence.
Then one day he suddenly was displeased with something I said/done and became hostile towards me for the next 6 months, without any explanation. I was shocked because it's the first time in my life someone was so hostile, and that being the person I love & respect and think of him to be the most gentle boy in the world. Oh my shattered faith.

Then there're so many job interviews, where they cringed after hearing my speaking accent. Endless refusals. The pressure to find a job while being depressed is gigantic. I found it now, but as I said above, it doesn't change my social life at all.

Then there're several meetings with people from internet, and when they all avoided to seat in the chair facing me, I knew it.

I'm not a charming talker, but I saw many people more boring than that still getting friends. What's wrong with me?

If this continues like that, I'll soon become a Gollum. Or perhaps I already am.

Sorry for posting personal things here in this thread but you guys seem to be the only social connection for me now. Unless you cringe while reading my post. Or discarded it altogether.

Think the clique thing is overstated here, cat_sidhe, ynwtf, Ms. M, Ironpony Hashtag Brownies and yourself Joel are just a few that haven't been around that long who i'd say i get on with really well. Half of the newbies i don't talk to much because they often post in General Discussion and the topics are usually about movies i've discussed to death, not because i look down on them. And any conflicts i have aren't caused by tenure here, i've had them just as frequently with people here as long or longer than me. Not speaking for anyone else but i think this is generally the case for most.

I think the only forums without any cliques are the ones where nobody gets to know each other at all. I don't disagree with the sentiment, I'm just always confused when people mention it as if it's unusual, when it's pretty much universal.

I think there's probably an impostor syndrome thing amplifying it, too, where lots of people are clearly a part of the community but there's no formal recognition, so they imagine other people must feel more secure in their place here when in reality a lot of them could feel the same way.

I don't feel like reading all 12 pages of this...so my two cents worth:

MoFo is what we make it to be. We can make it a fun place if we want.

I learned long ago, if you want to be happy, start being happy. Positivity works wonders.

There's my #1 MOFO!

I won't name names, but I'm part of some other communities and they have the same thing, where people feel insecure and worried about their place, and sometimes act in defensive and even irrational ways any time they feel it threatened. It's a real thing, and I think everyone feels it to at least some degree.