Is Movie Forums DYING?

Tools    

Survivor 5s #2 Bitch
I must admit I do find this place frustratingly addictive there's a sense of community here that's not quite like anything else I've stumbled across on any other forum. Everyone has a distinctive personality here too which balances everything out.

Besides, I feel like the site has been a bit more active in the last couple of weeks with the women director countdown. The album countdown etc. Then again I haven't been around that much myself to say for certain if that's the case.

Weird is relative.
I think we should just all chill out, spend some time with a good book or i dunno with our favourite Album....then vote for it on Camo's Countdown!
Seconded!

I've been trying to get more people involved in the interactive parts of the forum tbh.
I'm doing the quizzes thing... and I've been hoping to get more people interested in Discord and the MoFo Movie Weekends.

Just need more people to get involved

You should ask Yoda to sticky the thread, Rodent. Especially if you're looking to make Discord a part of Movie Weekend.

And it's not like these people are really being replaced.
This is the part I take issue with.

They're not "replaced" because those people are your friends and you don't just replace friends. But in the context of a forum's health, "replace" means something else entirely. And in that sense, there are lots of cool new people. But older members don't notice them, because they're not their friends and nobody can replace them. I've literally seen this happen dozens of times. It's just how it goes.

I get why this is a bummer for someone who's been here awhile, but please don't indirectly badmouth new members by trying to compare them to your old friends. That's not really giving them a fair shake.

My problem with the new members is they're either too young or too weird, even for me.
Some young members when they joined-CiCi-Derek-Daniel-Gatsby-Donnie-Cob-many more.

I don't see anyone that weird.

A lot has gone on with me, some of it very bizarre. It's true that I've been wanting to leave the forum for good for awhile now. Mainly because I felt I spent too much time here. But one thing that really irritated me and made me start an unhealthy (or healthy) obsession with deleting all of my stuff is..... Yoda called me a TROLL one day. And that hurt me because I've never intended to be a troll here. It's true that I've made absolutely bonkers threads and posts and things, but always with the spirit of keeping the forum alive.
Pretty sure I said you were saying troll-like things, which is a pretty important distinction. And it's also obviously true. Some might use a word like "provocative," or as you said, "absolutely bonkers threads and posts and things." That's fine. But it basically means the same thing: saying ostentatious things to get a reaction out of people, and not always meaning them, entirely.

I always kind of liked having some members like that, but those members can't simultaneously be sensitive if someone points out now and then when it veers a little too close to trollishness. You can be outrageous or you can be sensitive, but you can't be both.

So when Yoda decided to deduce me to troll status in 2017..... while praising some of the more vicious new IMDB people
I don't recall praising any "vicious" people.

Master of My Domain
In seriousness, in an age when big-scale social media sites like Twitter and Reddit reign supreme, I think Movie Forums is relatively very much alive. Online forums are a joke these days, but MoFo continues to be a great place to hang out, both casually and movie wise - let's keep it that way.

This is the part I take issue with.

They're not "replaced" because those people are your friends and you don't just replace friends. But in the context of a forum's health, "replace" means something else entirely. And in that sense, there are lots of cool new people. But older members don't notice them, because they're not their friends and nobody can replace them. I've literally seen this happen dozens of times. It's just how it goes.

I get why this is a bummer for someone who's been here awhile, but please don't indirectly badmouth new members by trying to compare them to your old friends. That's not really giving them a fair shake.

Between you and me, how many people who repped you are actually the culprits?

The Adventure Starts Here!
I'm worried about Dani8 she posted every single day and then 2 weeks ago, nothing.
Isn't Dani8 fighting something? Like cancer? That's what worried me when she went silent. Unsure how to contact her otherwise, though... I do have a mailing address but it's on the other side of the world from me.

Yods called me a troll once too. In fact, he said I was probably one of the best trolls he'd ever seen because I did it in a way that didn't look trollish
I'm actually quite proud of that.