Godzilla: King of Monsters

Tools    

Looks alright, I guess. How anyone could even get a little excited for one of these tho is beyond me. They have been making these things twice as long as most of you have been alive. There is going to be absolutely nothing new here. Mothra is what? Almost 80 years old now? There will not be a shred of new ground here people.

Skull Island was pretty good but I think this series is marred at the moment by how cack Godzilla (2014) was.
They need to pull something new out of the bag or the next movies will bomb.

Skull Island was pretty good but I think this series is marred at the moment by how cack Godzilla (2014) was.
They need to pull something new out of the bag or the next movies will bomb.

Meh... I didn't think much of Skull Island. I liked the 2014 Godzilla better. I liked some of the characters in Skull Island but the story was just plain stupid.

What on earth could they pull out of the bag though? This will be a mish-mash of about three different Godzilla movies from the 60's, just based on the trailer I saw. So yeah, I bet it will probably bomb.

I'm definetely gonna watch it! Godzilla is one of my favourite movie-monsters

Holy poop, that was freaking beautiful.

The concept of a "trailer" was made in order to sell you something... but in all honestly, what they're selling looks incredible. Sorry *shrugs*

I'm really happy they're digging up the kaijus and experimenting with them on the silver-screen. Would literally pee myself a little if Destoroyah appeared after the credits.
Vice President
358 Exchange Place New York, N.Y. 10099 FAX 212 555 6390 TELEX : () 4534

“Sugar is the most important thing in my life…”
I don't think it matters. Godzilla is so beloved and as mentioned, has had so many movies made since the 50's. Hell, I think there was a made-for-tv Gojira in the 80's. This will be a success. Then we will have a Transformers crossover.

Then we will have a Transformers crossover.
Firstly: Eww. Keep that garbage away from this.

Secondly, those aren't even the same studios, and plus! (Hope they get rid that hack director though.)

Doesn't really matter anyway. None of this matters. Time is in illusion; a concept made up by human perception.

The only time now is party time, are we clear?

Well I guess it's the norm now for rubbish movies to inspire sequels and we all just have to accept that.. and is that Ellen Page clone.. trailer doesn't interest me at all.. I would rather see a sequel to 1998's Godzilla than whatever this anime is

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Well I guess it's the norm now for rubbish movies to inspire sequels and we all just have to accept that.. and is that Ellen Page clone.. trailer doesn't interest me at all.. I would rather see a sequel to 1998's Godzilla than whatever this anime is
I take it you don't watch Stranger Things.

Anyways, I liked the trailer. That shot of Mothra in the water....beautiful.

Suspect's Reviews

I take it you don't watch Stranger Things.

Anyways, I liked the trailer. That shot of Mothra in the water....beautiful.

Some of the shots in Godzilla were beautiful. I still thought it was tripe.. a sequel was simply not called for..

I know who you mean now, I watched half the first season until I realised it was some kind of soap opera and decided to watch Taboo instead.

so we have two Ellen Pages now, that's great.

This might just do nobody any good.
so we have two Ellen Pages now, that's great.
The kid from Stranger Things?

I thought she looked like Portman.

Doesn't really matter anyway. None of this matters. Time is in illusion; a concept made up by human perception.

The only time now is party time, are we clear?

That used to be my avatar over at Cinemageddon.

“Sugar is the most important thing in my life…”
Firstly: Eww. Keep that garbage away from this.

Secondly, those aren't even the same studios, and plus! (Hope they get rid that hack director though.)

Come on you're hip on being internet...

Holly mother of god, those are some huge monsters we re gonna see

Boldly going.
7/10.
The visuals were good, however I watched it on DVD - if I had watched it in the theatre, I might have appreciated them more. Overall, I thought it was just more of the same: same story, cooler monsters (I thought Gidorah was particularly cool).
WARNING: "ally" spoilers below
Oh, and this time one of the monsters (Mothra) is on Godzilla's side. I thought there were too many moments when Godzilla saved someone just in the nick of time.

I'm looking forward to Godzilla v. King Kong, if it ever happens.

I actually really liked/enjoyed this movie... so much fun. Yes it has flaws and like the original, those flaws were with its characters, but overall this was so damn entertaining. A solid 7/10.