What was the last DVD you bought and why?

Tools    

Been a while since I was on here and since I bought DVD's, but I got two a few days ago.

1. Spirited Away. One thing that I can say about myself is that I'm not the biggest fan of anime. There is 2-3 shows I like in that style, but until this film, I never found an anime movie that I liked. In all honesty, I like Spirited Away so much that I would probably rank it in my top ten favorite animated films of all-time, and trust me when I say it has some stellar competition!

But yeah, that's why I bought it. It's that good! That, and it was $10, which is a steal!

2. Spider-Man: Homecoming. It was available for $13, I love the MCU, and Tom Holland is definitely the real deal with being Peter Parker and Spider-Man (no offense to the other two, but Holland is a perfect balance of the two personas, while Maguire was a stronger Parker than Spidey and Garfield was vice-versa).

Sad to say, I found those two films plus a couple games that I bought while trying to find my mother a gift (which I did find, of course - I'm not a bad son, I promise)!

“I was cured, all right!”
In commemoration for the 100th anniversary of Bergman, lots of his films was in a cheap price, so, guess what!:

It's here! The next weekend will be CRAZY!!!
Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	WhatsApp Image 2018-07-19 at 14.56.53.jpeg
Views:	234
Size:	196.3 KB
ID:	46256  

4th & final season & boy did this show drag out. Worth it though as it’s exceptionally good.
I don't know whether it dragged out necessarily, I just think they were quite short of fresh ideas for the last two series. Series 1 and 2 were the best; 3 and 4 have weaker plotlines and it felt like Saga and Henrik's own lives and back stories were carrying the show – the way they introduced Henrik's character is one of the most creative, clever things I've ever seen, and his issues added a lot of new energy at a critical point.

I knew I should have edited my post, but was too lazy. This is my post on the subject on a different website, which explains properly what I meant.

“Season 1 was released in 2012 on dvd. Season 4 finally released on dvd this year. Heck of a journey with this show. Three years between seasons 3 & 4. Only dedicated watchers like me would have stuck with this show over 6 years.”

I have read the books & expect to enjoy this.

This is the box the dvd just arrived in from amazon.co.uk via Scotland. The box measures 21 inches by 7-1/2 inches.

I have read the books & expect to enjoy this.

This is the box the dvd just arrived in from amazon.co.uk via Scotland. The box measures 21 inches by 7-1/2 inches.

Eck! Rat attack. Damn that box is messed up.

Question why would you buy and pay for international shipping on DVDs, couldn't you buy them in America?

That was me tearing it open. Arrived in fairly good condition considering it crossed the Atlantic.

Amazon.co.uk usually releases British DVDs, such as this, before America does. Often long before. Ditto for many European dvds. Surprisingly, the price is often less, including postage, than buying the same thing from amazon.com. No clue why this is so. I often suspect that amazon.com jacks up the prices, which surely is illegal? The DVDs never cost more than what I would pay here. One does need a multi-region DVD player though.

"Honor is not in the Weapon. It is in the Man"

Big Man Japan - I found it at a local Dollar Tree so I got the film for only $1. I got the film because I am a huge fan of the film's star and director, Hitoshi Matsumoto. I've been a fan of his since his days as a part of Japanese comedy team Downtown and when he co-hosted with Downtown cohort Masatoshi Hamada the music interview show Hey!Hey!Hey! Music Champ from 1994-2012. He also does commercials for a job search engine in Japan called Townwork.

In the span of 6 months the price of the Grindhouse Releasing DVD of Massacre Mafia Style (1974) jumped from $25.00 to at least $50.00. Even though it produced a better return than an investment in gold would, I just can't bring myself to drop $50 on that movie. Duke Mitchell's son released a "family edition" version of the movie - which is just a VHS transfer of the film on to DVD. I can always buy a digital version of the Grindhouse Releasing version of the film if the family edition quality is really ****ty, but I'm a huge proponent of physical media and just need to own a DVD copy of this movie.

For a while now I've wanted to see the Italian produced The Valachi Papers (1972) (spoiler alert: it's not that great). But I spotted a Charles Bronson Blu-ray collection which includes: The Valachi Papers (1972), The Stone Killer (1973), Breakout (1975), and Hard Times (1975) that was too good to pass up.

Actually, this was a random gift. A good friend of mine picked up the entire Phantasm collection for me! Good score.

“I was cured, all right!”

Actually, this was a random gift. A good friend of mine picked up the entire Phantasm collection for me! Good score.

Stylish additions to your collection!

The Bib-iest of Nickels
I bought all three Toy Story films and the new IT film for about $21 bucks altogether (new) on eBay. I am moving to a new place with my fiancee, and we both picked out some movies to "break in" our new home. She chose Toy Story as a whole (which is cheating, but I love them too) and I chose the new IT film.