Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

Bunny Lake is Missing is one of those Brit US- financed flicks that were so prevalent in the 60s. This is a bit of a roller coaster ride for the viewer. The early scenes with an American woman's four year old child vanishing into thin air from a London pre school evokes some tension and mystery that had me wanting more. Then the plot flounders for a while until a cluey policeman (Lawrence Olivier) pieces together the swiss cheese evidence being offered by the mother (Carol Lynley) and her brother (Keir Dullea). Bunny Lake then goes off into another tangent that had me scratching my head before the unpredictably nonsence ending. which I will not spoil.

This is one of those Brit US- financed flicks that were so prevalent in the 60s. This is a bit of a roller coaster f ide for the viewer, the early scenes with a womans four year old child vanishing into thin air from a london pre school evokes some tension. then the plot floubders for a while until a cluey policeman (Lawrence Olivier) tries to piece together the swiss cheese evidence being offered by the mother (Carol Lynley) and her brother (Keir Dullea).Then Bunny Lake goes off into another tangent that had me scratching my head before the unpredictably nonsence ending. which I will not spoil.
I think your account has been hijacked

You were too quick. That was my first draft. Did not have time to even edit it or post a pic.

What did you think of Bunny Lake is Missing. Is it a classic? imho it could have been if Preminger had not injected that odd period with politics of the day.. student protests and that annoying Zombies soundtrack. Why the strange Noel Coward character?. Was not relevant to the plot. No all this detracted from the story flow which was beginning to build some genuine mystery and intrigue..

You Only Live Once (Fritz Lang, 1937)

YOLO

Bad Timing (1980)

Director Nicolas Roeg elevates fairly average material in this erotic psychological thriller. It seems in all the movies of his I've seen, I love his style, mood, vibe, or whatever you want to call it. Head doctor Art Garfunkel has an affair with the wild Theresa Russell, and when it doesn't end well, Harvey Keitel with his long hair in the back comes in to investigate. It is a dark movie, even darkly funny for the right person, and what I thought was cool was that I didn't even know what the crime was until the end. I heard this was a sick controversial movie. I couldn't see why, again, until the end, and then I thought oh yea I get it. So it's a bit of a slow burn that even wifey liked. She got yet another good laugh at my expense when Russell flashed a bit of pit fur, much to my horror. I had told her that I had a crush on her in the past. Anyway, I really enjoyed this but it's not for everyone. Vienna looks awesome btw.

I won't dance. Don't ask me...

This kind of story was told in a couple of movies before. Nothing special. One time movie.

I won't dance. Don't ask me...

+
The movie was made by Daniel Sanchez Arevalo - the guy who made DarkBlueAlmostBlack. I expected more. Much more. The first monologue really makes me laugh, but after that it's just bad.

Watched the original House of Wax from 1953 with Vincent Price:
https://allhorror.com/movies/house-of-wax

Fantastic classic horror, 7/10

Watched the 2005 remake afterward, curiously starring Paris Hilton. Very different movie
Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	house-of-wax.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	20.3 KB
ID:	46135  

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
Funny Games (1997)

Michael Haneke is an interesting and talented filmmaker, but he often wants to give his message.

What is his message?
I liked this, but after a while, it became redundant... I think I gave it a 7/10

Overboard (2018)

Not bad, passed a couple of hours with the odd guffaw. The switcheroo of it being the guy that was "hoodwinked" was quite good.

What is his message?
I liked this, but after a while, it became redundant... I think I gave it a 7/10
Supposedly it's his response to violence being shown in the media, especially in America, and the reason he remade it is because not many Americans saw the original.

Watched 'Million Dollar Arm'. Can't remember the last time I have cringed so many times while watching a movie, as I did during this Disney film. It's based on a true story, but they have probably made it several times more melodramatic.
Still, it had Lake Bell. I always have time for her, since she seems like a nice person. And she totally rocked the Indian costume.

Supposedly it's his response to violence being shown in the media, especially in America, and the reason he remade it is because not many Americans saw the original.
The exact reason for the remake I believe. Same as with George Sluizer and "Spoorloos"/"TheVanishing". I suppose it all comes down to how much you rate the original to see if you'll give the remake a crack.