Looking for a comedy to watch

Tools    

I'm looking to sit down tonight after work and enjoy a quality film. I want to watch a really good comedy that will make me genuinely laugh! Any suggestions?

I hope you don't mind that I am recommending a comedy ' concert' instead of a movie - but I am going to suggest that you go to youtube and watch the hour long special-
John Pinette Live In Chicago.

I don't see how anyone can watch this guy without laughing hysterically. -No - you don't have to be on a diet to enjoy his hilarious insights about everyday life- trying to buy a toaster without giving name, rank and serial number; having to work the checkout machine at the airport instead of depending on a human to help; taking on challenging sports like activities on vacations where you really just came to relax- and yes, food too - especially gluten!

I think John was one of the 'greats' in the annals of stand up comics -and even watching his routines over and over, he always puts a smile on my face.

A favorite film of mine, and an often overlooked one, is "Defending Your Life," with Albert Brooks. I know Woody Allen is not well regarded by many now for his personal background, but I will recommend his "Radio Days," especially if you enjoy films of the 30s and 40s. If you like Peter Sellers' Pink Panther films, I think you will enjoy "The Gods Must be Crazy." It starts out like a documentary but quickly shifts to comedy so bear with it. And I got quite a few laughs from "Antman and the Wasp." Professional critics seem to be enjoying it, but it seems to be getting a bad wrap from audiences, who either love superhero movies and are expecting something as serious as "Infinity War" or aren't interested in them and don't know what a departure it is from the others.

What's Up, Doc? has many good belly laughs. Directed by Peter Bogdanovich, starring Ryan O'Neal, Barbara Steisand, Madeline Kahn, and Kenneth Mars, this is a late great example of situation & slapstick comedy-- without special effects or CGI.

I hope you don't mind that I am recommending a comedy ' concert' instead of a movie - but I am going to suggest that you go to youtube and watch the hour long special-
John Pinette Live In Chicago.

I don't see how anyone can watch this guy without laughing hysterically. -No - you don't have to be on a diet to enjoy his hilarious insights about everyday life- trying to buy a toaster without giving name, rank and serial number; having to work the checkout machine at the airport instead of depending on a human to help; taking on challenging sports like activities on vacations where you really just came to relax- and yes, food too - especially gluten!

I think John was one of the 'greats' in the annals of stand up comics -and even watching his routines over and over, he always puts a smile on my face.

LL never been into stand up comedy. I prefer television sketch comedy. Always get a belly laugh out of those. OZ made a couple Full Frontal and Fast Forward. If you or @julanderson like sketch check em out on YT.

I'm looking to sit down tonight after work and enjoy a quality film. I want to watch a really good comedy that will make me genuinely laugh! Any suggestions?
@julanderson. I always get a good laugh from the Pink Panther series of films with the inimitable Peter Sellers. Imho the first and third are the best.

Weird is relative.
Some comedies I enjoyed...

Duck Soup (1933)
The Great Dictator (1940)
Some Like It Hot (1959)
Dr. Strangelove (1964)
The Producers (1967)
Monty Python and the Holy Grail (1975)
Love and Death (1975)
The Blues Brothers (1980)
The Princess Bride (1987)
The Legend (1993)
The Adventures of Priscilla (1994)
Wet Hot American Summer (2001)
Zoolander (2001)
Shaun of the Dead (2004)
Wedding Crashers (2005)
The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy (2005)
Hot Fuzz (2007)
Pineapple Express (2008)
In the Loop (2009)
Wreck-It Ralph (2012)
The Wolf of Wall Street (2013)
What We Do in the Shadows (2014)
The Big Short (2015)
Spy (2015)

Dumb and Dumbber

I repped the movies that I agree with that have already been mentioned...other movies that always make me laugh no matter how many times I watch them (no particular order):

Young Frankenstein
History of the World Part I
Trading Places
Shrek 2
Small Time Crooks
The Odd Couple
Barefoot in the Dark
Murder by Death
"10"
Arthur
Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy
Talledega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby
Seems Like Old Times
Caddyshack
Ghostbusters (1984)
Groundhog's Day
Airplane!
I'm Gonna Git You Sucka
Wayne's World

Anger Management
Hot Rod
Liar Liar
Fist Fight
40 Year Old Virgin
Meet The Parents

Smile (1975)

A normal man? For me, a normal man is one who turns his head to see a beautiful woman's bottom. The point is not just to turn your head. There are five or six reasons. And he is glad to find people who are like him, his equals. That's why he likes crowded beaches, football, the bar downtown...