Mandy - Nic Cage Goes Grindhouse

Tools    

"Honor is not in the Weapon. It is in the Man"

Release: September 14

Pacific Northwest. 1983 AD. Outsiders Red Miller and Mandy Bloom lead a loving and peaceful existence. When their pine-scented haven is savagely destroyed by a cult led by the sadistic Jeremiah Sand, Red is catapulted into a phantasmagoric journey filled with bloody vengeance and laced with fire.

^ That looks fantastic.

I've been looking forwards to this film ever since I heard Andrea Riseborough was in it, she's brilliant in everything. And Beyond The Black Rainbow was rather good too from the same director.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Finally a film I can take my year and a half old son to.

Suspect's Reviews

This seems to be a vaaast improvement from Nic Cage's recent movies!

_____ is the most important thing in my life…
I think Bruce Willis and him have an ongoing bet about who can make the most movies that will never be shown in a theater.

I rolled my eyes at this...then I saw Bill Duke and that weapon from Dark Souls and synth.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
> Cage starring in new Panos Cosmatos movie
> Cage starring in new Sion Sono movie

He's back! He's baaaack!

Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

Predator is on my Rushmore. I will always stan the fran, despite everything but Predators being utter basura. I've made a commitment to go see the Predator with friends.

But I want to see Mandy so much more. I just hope it plays somewhere in this state. I don't see the arthouse playing a meatgrinder movie like this.

Jealous of the people that will get this released in their market this week.

Hmm... A new Nicolas Cage movie that actually looks good? What is happening...? Well, I'll definitely watch it. It's got The Neon Demon vibes.

Internet sez it gets dvd release a month later, so I don't know how wide a release this is gonna get.

Release: September 14

Pacific Northwest. 1983 AD. Outsiders Red Miller and Mandy Bloom lead a loving and peaceful existence. When their pine-scented haven is savagely destroyed by a cult led by the sadistic Jeremiah Sand, Red is catapulted into a phantasmagoric journey filled with bloody vengeance and laced with fire.
I need to see this like right now.

Hmmm this movie is playing in my hometown this next weekend.... its in the arthouse theatres...

"Honor is not in the Weapon. It is in the Man"
Internet sez it gets dvd release a month later, so I don't know how wide a release this is gonna get.

It's only going to be a limited theatrical release, mostly in small venues like the arthouse theaters where @MovieGal is. I will have a review of the film and interview with co-star/Hollywood legend Bill Duke up on my film blog Friday morning for the film's release.

I'm probably going Saturday. I'm in Ottawa visiting family, and it's only playing in one theater at one viewing per day, and it's one of the smaller theaters a bit further out. I think I'll try seeing if I can get a friend to go without telling him which movie and see how he reacts going in blind. If the movie turns out as good as the trailer makes it look, it should be an awesome surprise for him.

It's only going to be a limited theatrical release, mostly in small venues like the arthouse theaters where @MovieGal is. I will have a review of the film and interview with co-star/Hollywood legend Bill Duke up on my film blog Friday morning for the film's release.

An interview? or your interview?

A lot of places are only having showings on the 13th. I didn't know there was an Alamo Draft House in Raleigh, but they have an 11:40 am show on Saturday.

Oh, yeah. Forgot about that Hurricane....