Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Black Butterfly (2017)

A struggling writer (Antonio Banderas) takes in a mysterious drifter (Jonathan Rhys Meyers) and a tense stand off between the two men begins. You never quite know whats going on until the end and when the twist is revealed it all seems very elaborate and improbable but I liked it anyway, however doesn't quite lift what is an average cat and mouse style thriller

The poster looks familiar. I was wondering what happened to Bandera s career.

Catch Me if You Can (2002) 10/10. The entire family loved it. DiCaprio and Hanks seem to get all the credit, but I thought Walkin's role was incredible.

_____ is the most important thing in my life…

Annihilation (2018)
Redbox

What's my rating?

I don't know.

Return to Oz (1985)

Share with Dorothy Gale the shock of finding everything mysteriously changed. Psychedelically trippy. Hard to believe this is actually the sequel to The Wizard of Oz, not even distantly competitive with its daddy. Though, at least, Return to Oz is imaginative as a forty-six years later continuation.

Rating:
+ 6.5 / 10

Carny (1980)

Pull a string, win a prize! Really charming and satisfying slice of Americana, it's not horror though. Gary Busey plays Bozo the clown in a dunking booth, young Jodie Foster's in it- don't usually like her much... but the part she plays is similar to her role in Taxi Driver. Glimpse at the inside of carnivals. A new genuine favorite. Love Busey's caged provocative trash talk to get the customers into the action.

Rating:
8.0 / 10

Garden of Earthly Delights

Went to the cinema to see Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom. I was somewhat underwhelmed by Jurassic World, and this latest in the franchise has come in for very harsh reviews, though I'm not entirely sure why. It's a big dumb fun popcorn movie that delivers what it says on the tin, and I think I preferred it to its predecessor to be honest; I enjoyed the switch in location in the second half, along with its corresponding claustrophobic horror movie feel. Overall nothing special but perfectly watchable and enjoyable.

Payback ~ 1999

Have not seen this in awhile but I really enjoyed this flick. Mel Gibson is always hit or miss for me and it is mostly miss. I love what seems to be a very natural and improv like humor that mixes in perfectly with the hell-bent revenge. The scene with Colburn and Mel is one of the best parts of the movie.

The whole thing is a lot of fun and may remind you that there might not be honor among thieves, but there should be.

Tesis (1996)

A strange one this. Quite liked the idea of the obsession to create/film violence. Setting it up in a place of study is good too (and easy access to filming equipment and scenery). The acting is pretty stilted which lends it a TV movie feeling (or a 70s matinee feeling). Overall good but on the bigger points I think Haneke tackles them better with less soap opera 6/10

Unregistered User

I Am Not A Witch (2017)

Not quite sure how to rate this one. Couldn't figure out if I should have been laughing or sad or both! Didn't quite work on that level for me. Still, it looked amazing and the performance by the little girl was fantastic.

Electra Glide in Blue (1973)

A mixed bag for me. I thought there were alot of cool elements and a strong finale, but I also thought star Robert Blake and the movie as a whole were a bore at times. A bit frustrating since it suited my taste. I would watch it again.

Unregistered User

A mixed bag for me. I thought there were alot of cool elements and a strong finale, but I also thought star Robert Blake and the movie as a whole were a bore at times. A bit frustrating since it suited my taste. I would watch it again.

Ending was the best part, knew you'd like that. I did enjoy it overall more than you did but it was quite slow at times.

“I was cured, all right!”

Great, great movie!
★★★★★

Thank God this was the last Terminator movie done so far 'cause it's very good, who knows what a third sequel could have done with this franchise!
★★★★

Haunting and funny at the same time.
★★★★

Bad movie with some laughs and Interesting moments.
★★

Much more than a simple supernatural horror movie. The camerawork and editing are true masterpieces, De Palma knows how to film suspense!
★★★★

There's something I'm not getting in this film. I thought it was hollow. Bizarrely it reminded me of "The Limey" which i do rate. I think a rewatch is in order.

The Killer is Still Among Us (1986)

-

I had this Giallo on my watchlist because I saw it compared to Giallo a Venezia and The New York Ripper, not great movies by any means but I liked them. This movie starts out with a great scene, but then the next great scene is at the end of the movie. Everything else is just filler. It's too bad because I liked the atmosphere and the way it was filmed.
Have you tried "Who saw her die?" in the Giallo genre (Chi l'ha vista morire?). I thought it had more of a heart than the usual Giallo fare.

I Am Not A Witch (2017)

Not quite sure how to rate this one. Couldn't figure out if I should have been laughing or sad or both! Didn't quite work on that level for me. Still, it looked amazing and the performance by the little girl was fantastic.
Exactly what I said about it in my review. A bit of a missed opportunity.

Welcome to the human race...
Hereditary -

Time will tell if this ends up being the kind of A24 horror that actually grows on me but for now...bleh.

Jurassic World (2015)