MoFo Fantasy Baseball - 2018 Regular Season

Tools    

A system of cells interlinked
Wow...

Guess that answers why nobody picked him up. How does this stay quiet for a month? Crazy.
How did it stay quiet for 3 years?! Holy damn

How did it stay quiet for 3 years?! Holy damn

I'm not sure if it did stay quiet for 3 years. I think his name just came out publicly in this investigation thing, yeah? But yeah, I think that makes it pretty clear (to me, anyway) that not only the Red Sox got wind of it a month ago (probably when Hanley had to tell them he was being investigated) but then seemingly told the rest of Baseball. The guy was having a good year. I think we all kinda knew something sizeable had gone down.

Wow. Yahoo is reporting that a supposed friend dropped Hanley's name and there isn't a federal investigation going on now? Crazy stuff. Meanwhile: He still seems like a pretty good player. I bet the Yankees sign him. Seems like something they would do.

What the hell Kluber? Sheesh... Worst outing in his career yesterday? Thanks... Just trying to hold off the hard charging Ducks over here. Thanks for nothing, pal!

Yeah, when an ace gets rocked it feels dumb. But at least there's nothing to analyze. Not like you can sit him. That bothers me a lot less than the decisions that could've gone the other way where you guess wrong or something flukey happens.

OK, so the answer to that DL question we were talking about awhile back? Ohtani came off the DL as a hitter (apparently) but that also means he's off the DL as a pitcher. So, I left him there as he' may not even pitch again but we won't know for several more weeks. So, it looks like after 24 hours went by Yahoo decided I would not be allowed to make any moves until I either drop him or take him off the DL even tho he won't be pitching anytime soon. So it seems you get about a 24 hour grace period when a guy comes off the DL.

Kinda bummed I had to drop him but so it goes... Wish there was some way to make an exception or something.

Yeah, I think you're right about the grace period. Also important to note that Yahoo's at the mercy of the big league clubs. IE: if a team just refuses to officially put someone on or off the DL (cough Mets cough), Yahoo won't list them there. Which is annoying but really the only way to do it, since they don't want to be making judgment calls all year or whatever. Obviously that's a bigger deal at the start of the season when teams don't bother to officially put anyone on until the games start (if then).

I think the quick answer for a player that's going both ways would to be to just make him one player. Yahoo essentially cloned him and made him into two guys on draft day. If I could take him off my pitching staff and put him into my regular lineup that might be fine... but I can't. I'm guessing that has something to do with the Yahoo layout and software behind this thing too. I bet it would take a major re-vamp to just give a player an SP and on OF/UTL designation. And then be able to switch him back and forth between pitching and everyday guys? That'd be dope...

Yeah, ESPN had him be one guy, Yahoo went both. I think technical considerations were part of it.

I think they probably anticipated that people would be mad if they didn't get hitting stats on the days he pitched (or vice-versa) and they'd probably be fielding complaints all year about it. It's a pretty weird edge case, I can see why none of the options looked particularly good. Kinda interesting that the two biggest sites for fantasy went in different directions for it, though.

Not sure I'm gonna do any more deals... I feel like I may have broke my team with that Kluber deal. I've already had to live with the fact that I had to cut several good players to keep juggling my really mediocre pitching staff. And then Kluber comes over and has a couple of serious duds as soon as I plug him in. I thought maybe I need more pitching so I tried to cherry pick a good pitcher from the mudville nine, (who doesn't even seem to be setting his lineup these days) and I got turned down flat with no counter-offer.

I think maybe I suck at trades. I'm struggling to remember a single offer I've made that's ever been accepted... But I certainly think I'm good at over analyzing and regretting a deal that probably is gonna be fine in the long run. Maybe it's the tumors in my head that make me like this? It's probably the tumors...

I think it was a good deal. Just some unlucky timing. Kluber's generally considered a little more valuable in a vacuum, so factoring in need it makes a lot of sense.

I think it was good deal too. I still feel the way I feel tho and now I need to do something about it. Just not sure what. Maybe I should get my head examined first.