World Cup Soccer 2018

Tools    

Wow, I knew Croatia are good but I expected fighting Argentina after their first draw. Argentina has been terrible today (only the second half, or most of it actually).

EDIT: Meant to say that I only saw the second half, or at least most of it.
Yeah, horrible to see the Argentina fans looking so upset at the end. You would normally expect this to be an evenly matched game.

I was thinking half way through we need a "Modric screamer" and he didn't disappoint . I hope they go a bit further this time as I think they were out far too early in the Euros.

True. They needed a quality midfielder to ping balls forward. Their back line is weak. If a bench warming Mascherano, can still get selected at 34-35, it says something about the state of the squad.
defensive minded guy like mascherano was needed but starting just two central is not enough for being outnumbered by the presence of more luxury of croatian midfield.Argentina probably has better result if they start with 433

Never really like him, but now i missed gago

Faildictions time....
Brazil 2 -0 Costa Rica
Nigeria 1 - 2 Iceland
Serbia 1 - 1 Switzerland

Argentina only just qualified for the World Cup, so yesterdays defeat wasn't a surprise. The manner of it, however, was. They just didn't look like a decent team. They've been poor defensively for years and international football is/has been for a good few years, is all about midfield, and they just don't have a good one. Messi is Messi because everything at Barca is geared to get the best out of him. Argentina isn't. There are people there who are superstars and 'won't' bend the knee to make it a team.

I'm loving it. Having been a critic of the superstar narrative over the team ethic, seeing Messi (and the other stars. Icardi isn't even in the 23 for crying out loud, that's how good they are in attack) failing because the team isn't working around him fills me with joy. Shame for him, though.

Brazil, just can score....

Penalty reversed after ref goes to VAR. Right decision imo.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
Faildictions time....
Brazil 2 -0 Costa Rica
Nigeria 1 - 2 Iceland
Serbia 1 - 1 Switzerland
Not putting correct scores on today but I've gone £10 on Brazil, Nigeria and draw.

Finally Brazil score! Phew!

2-0. Just couldn't move a muscle in the last 10 mins. The goal was a huge relief!

Well I see a lot correct predictions in today for the first match. Thank Neymar!

Penalty reversed after ref goes to VAR. Right decision imo.

Yeah it was. For all the talent, he is a huge pansy!

Argentina only just qualified for the World Cup, so yesterdays defeat wasn't a surprise. The manner of it, however, was. They just didn't look like a decent team. They've been poor defensively for years and international football is/has been for a good few years, is all about midfield, and they just don't have a good one.
they have right ingredients, or at least few good option in midfield -like banega, biglia. I think It just how it managed. i mean to tell they got into final in latest occasions of international tournament, even though, averagely at back and central midfield they were quiet decent on recent years.

It's Just some questions for sampaoli as i think he fool himself for being too obsessed or get romantic idea by their luxury in the upfront -it more like 3-2-5- 🙃
Idk but if its me i'll just drop Cabalerolero. never be an useful player in anywhere i saw him but somehow sampaoli seems he was the only option after romero's injury -which more reliable- then take other gamble with their GK choices. Other than that why he never try good lad like frederico fazio is kinda bugging me.

Messi is Messi because everything at Barca is geared to get the best out of him. Argentina isn't. There are people there who are superstars and 'won't' bend the knee to make it a team.
I'm loving it. Having been a critic of the superstar narrative over the team ethic, seeing Messi (and the other stars. Icardi isn't even in the 23 for crying out loud, that's how good they are in attack) failing because the team isn't working around him fills me with joy. Shame for him, though.
in fact messi was the one that geared up this team on qualification

Caballero was a forced choice. Romero got injured during the second last batch of international matches. He was never a good GK to begin with. Is a decent shot stopper but that's about it. Argentina has never been known for producing good GKs. I dont recall any world class ones since i started watching them during Italia 90. Its a pity!

I think we might have a first 0-0 in the Iceland Nigeria match. It should be interesting.

Caballero was a forced choice. Romero got injured during the second last batch of international matches. He was never a good GK to begin with. Is a decent shot stopper but that's about it.
he never been that great. He got momentum to strive from mediocrity but fell short. in fact that he got almost 100 cap with argentina talk itself. It's just sad fact that he far reliable choice than cabalero still left a wide gap

Nigeria score. Argentina sweating for sure!