Roseanne series making a comeback

Tools    

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
Are they discussing ambien in the US? I've never used it but every time a big name uses it and does something deemed newsworthy it gets headlines.
Ambien is a helluva drug. I took HALF a pill back home during my college days to help sleep. 10 minutes later mom found me in my underwear climbing over the back of the sofa trying to get out the window. Why? Because the last thing I was trying to do before bed was turn out a light down the hall. There's a streetlight in the back yard. I was trying to turn that one off too apparently.

Completely. Blacked. Out. I only know that story because mom told me the next day.

Stay the hell away from it! lol

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
Eddie Murphy Raw would never get released today ... I get that. Some of it is for good reason, but the part of it that sucks..is the parrt that everything good he had to offer would be destroyed and obscured by thought police.

It's funny how this world is so sensitive now, but cruelty, dismissiveness, and power playing is at an all-time high ......choose your company, I guess. Hard to avoid the plague.

That's why censorship sucks -- we wouldn't even be having this conversation, we wouldn't know who Eddie Murphy was... After I graduated high school, a friend mentioned "Raw" and I never saw stand-up before, but that night opened a new portal, and then I saw Chappelle, then Bill Hicks, then Mort Sahl.

I made a post here (and a few other places) asking "What Movies couldn't be made today?" - and most of them were great, we wouldn't have them, or many great songs, etc etc... The whole point of creation is to express opinions, and I'm afraid too many will self-censor. Most of the great people were controversial, and society is always at least 50 years behind, and I'm afraid there are many we will NEVER hear of because of the "climate" (trying to cash in on the chaos - I doubt they are all so offended).. Amazing how everyone "changes" when the money goes in another direction..

I thought they had Darlene back living with Roseanne because they couldn't get Johnny Galecki to commit fully to the show because of The Big Bang Theory.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Are they discussing ambien in the US? I've never used it but every time a big name uses it and does something deemed newsworthy it gets headlines.
Ambien is a helluva drug. I took HALF a pill back home during my college days to help sleep. 10 minutes later mom found me in my underwear climbing over the back of the sofa trying to get out the window. Why? Because the last thing I was trying to do before bed was turn out a light down the hall. There's a streetlight in the back yard. I was trying to turn that one off too apparently.

Completely. Blacked. Out. I only know that story because mom told me the next day.

Wow. That sure is one hell of a cocktail of chemicals to make a person do that. I'm not sure it's even available here anymore. I think the last Take Over The News Headlines outcry was over footballers using it as a legal defence for sexual misconduct. Something along those lines.

And there's the kicker - people using it as an excuse rather than owning their behavior. I'm not even talking about Roseanne now but in general. My opinion, which is only important to me, is that turning on the news this morning was all about this story. I don't know what else is happening in the world right now. I must have been asleep when celebrities became the be all and end all of mankind. Kim kardasion in the white house? I don't even know what that's about because we immediately switched channels, probably to oprah standing for Queen of the American continent.

I must say I think John Goodman acted with decorum when being hounded by people with microphones just getting into his car, and he looks great. John, when you read this, just know I love you, man!

OK so on that note I shall return to the most important thing in my world right now - the banana smoothie I made.

MATT with numbers just above, if you're reading these posts, I thought your post was very eloquent.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
?
What do you mean "you people"?
Why can't some of you people that thinks its ok to say whatever you want try and look at it from another's point of view?

Dang! Everything I abuse becomes the Monster Poison Killer Drug Epidemic of the Decade!

First it was opioids, now it's Ambien (that which delivers me into Morpheus' open arms just after extended episodes of drunken-like hallucinations, enhanced appetite with no memory of binge eating, hysterical laughing at old late-night episodes of Seinfeld & Impractical Jokers even when they're not that funny, and floating around bouncing off of walls & furniture and falling asleep in a chair!)

Hopefully pot will be legal soon and I can utilize its newly-realized attribute - as the "cure" for opioid addiction - and get back to a more natural route to altered consciousness!

P.S. None of these drugs ever made me feel MORE racist!

Dang! Everything I abuse becomes the Monster Poison Killer Drug Epidemic of the Decade!

First it was opioids, now it's Ambien (that which delivers me into Morpheus' open arms just after extended episodes of drunken-like hallucinations, enhanced appetite with no memory of binge eating, hysterical laughing at old late-night episodes of Seinfeld & Impractical Jokers even when they're not that funny, and floating around bouncing off of walls & furniture and falling asleep in a chair!)

Hopefully pot will be legal soon and I can utilize its newly-realized attribute - as the "cure" for opioid addiction - and get back to a more natural route to altered consciousness!

P.S. None of these drugs ever made me feel MORE racist!
I asked my doctor if I could have a script for MJ to get me over my John Goodman addiction and h said it's one hundred and fifty bucks here and won't give me an excuse for running around the backyard under a full moon so just rewatch the original OMG DID SHE JUST SAY THT show.

That's the thing about the show. Last century it was all about her loveable loud mouth character. Times have changed, as they do.

I asked my doctor if I could have a script for MJ to get me over my John Goodman addiction and h said it's one hundred and fifty bucks here and won't give me an excuse for running around the backyard under a full moon so just rewatch the original OMG DID SHE JUST SAY THT show.

That's the thing about the show. Last century it was all about her loveable loud mouth character. Times have changed, as they do.
Did I tell you my running around in the backyard under a full moon Ambien story?

Did I tell you my running around in the backyard under a full moon Ambien story?
Lol! And here I was thinking it was an opioid moment just in my thoughts.

How fickle we are.
(lol? Yes, I think lol. Very, very lol.)

I was off traveling at the time so that's actually the first time I've seen that but there was much chatter at breakfast each morning. I must say, Roseanne was competing with the eardrum splitting screach of cockatoos in my backyard. More of the bastards have arrived. It must have been like a love call to them. This is bloody hilarious and wish you were here!!!

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/li...at-abc-1117397

"Weeks after its stunning decision to cancel Roseanne, ABC is officially moving forward with a spinoff of TV's current No. 1 series — without controversial star Roseanne Barr.

Following aggressive talks with exec producer Tom Werner, the Disney-owned broadcaster has handed out a 10-episode, straight-to-series order for Roseanne spinoff The Conners (working title). The new take, which will also be a multicamera comedy and premiere in the fall, will follow the Conner family who, after a sudden turn of events, are forced to face the daily struggles of life in Lanford in a way they never have before.

ABC stressed in its announcement Thursday that former star Barr will have no financial or creative involvement in the new series. Werner and Barr reached an agreement that will allow Werner Entertainment to produce the spinoff for ABC without Barr’s further creative or financial participation. Sources tell The Hollywood Reporter that Barr will retain all rights to her Roseanne Conner character and any future spinoffs beyond The Conners or any future reboots of the original.

Roseanne stars John Goodman, Laurie Metcalf, Sara Gilbert, Lecy Goranson and Michael Fishman will star in the spinoff. Additional castmembers and a premiere date will be announced at a later date. "We have received a tremendous amount of support from fans of our show, and it’s clear that these characters not only have a place in our hearts, but in the hearts and homes of our audience," Goodman, Metcalf, Gilbert, Goranson and Fishman said in a joint statement. "We all came back last season because we wanted to tell stories about the challenges facing a working-class family today. We are so happy to have the opportunity to return with the cast and crew to continue to share those stories through love and laughter.

ABC says the new take will explore issues with parenthood, dating an unexpected pregnancy, financial pressures, aging and in-laws in working-class America. The series will take over Roseanne's Tuesdays at 8 p.m. time slot. The Conners hails from the creative team behind what was to be the 11th season of Roseanne, including showrunner Bruce Helford, Gilbert, Dave Caplan, Bruce Rasmussen and Tony Hernandez. The series hails from Werner and Werner Entertainment."

The truth is in here
This is stupid, controversy or not.

I mean, come on, aren't we all tired of how networks or creators just refuse to let a show END? What happened to actually trying to conclude something or accept that something went wrong and move on with different projects?

I just heard about the Conners show. A lot if us were enjoying the Roseanne show, and I was sorry to see it cancelled. I haven't heard what they intend to do about not having the actual star and original creator of the show on the spin off. Maybe they'll kill her her off during her operation and then, if Roseanne ( the star not the character) says a lot of mea culpas; and maybe goes thru some kind of rehab for mindless tweeting, and the public is in a forgiving mood- they'll make another 'dream sequence' and bring her back.

I dunno. il don't really relish the idea of watching the show without her but I truly love John Goodman as Dan, so I think I'd give the new show a chance.

The Bib-iest of Nickels
Roseanne's character should be killed off by an ape attack. Because ... karma.

In seriousness though, I don't think there much chance of The Conners flourishing, personally.

https://deadline.com/2018/08/the-con...rt-1202452990/

"John Goodman did not go into detail but confirmed to The Sunday Times that Roseanne Barr’s character will be killed off this fall in the upcoming The Conners spinoff on ABC.

When talking about the new iteration of the series and his character Dan, the drywall contractor and Roseanne’s husband in the original series and revival, told the publication, “It’s an unknown. I guess he’ll be mopey and sad because his wife’s dead.

ABC has described Barr’s exit only as “a sudden turn of events”: On the new show, after a sudden turn of events, the Conners are forced to face the daily struggles of life in Lanford in a way they never have before. This iconic family – Dan, Jackie, Darlene, Becky and D.J. – grapple with parenthood, dating, an unexpected pregnancy, financial pressures, aging and in-laws in working-class America. Through it all, the fights, the coupon cutting, the hand-me-downs, the breakdowns – with love, humor and perseverance, the family prevails."

The truth is in here
Okay, as much as Roseanne Barr is to blame for getting kicked off the show, killing off her character is literally THE laziest and most overused way to write someone out of a show in history. Plus incredibly insulting to the long-time viewers. (Never forget the public outcry when Charlie in TAAHM was killed off)

Why the hell can't they just let a show end? This is absolutely baffling.

I can't stand Roseanne Barr. She's by far one of the most obnoxious, overrated, repulsive "comedians" and individuals ever. I could care less about her getting fired and her show getting canned.

However, I doubt this new spinoff will do any good with ratings without her.
“Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!” ~ Rocky Balboa