Anime appreciation thread

Tools    

I'm not old, you're just 12.
I started watching Death Note at a friends house early this year, but I never finished it because I could not stand being in his house (He had the heat cranked up to "goin to gramma's" levels and it wasn't even THAT cold out, so I had to leave), I'd like to however. What I saw was intriguing.

Other Animes I enjoyed:

Kino's Journey
Angel Beats
Trigun
Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood
High School of the Dead
XXXholic
Hetalia: Axis Powers

I'm sure there are more, and I wish my girlfriend were here to remind me of the ones I'm forgetting...she is a huge anime fan and I'm still just dipping my toes in the water so to speak.

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

Try PMMM, it may be the greatest anime series ever made.

This guy who runs a science fiction review site never watched an anime series before and after watching Madoka he said it was the tv series that he would recommend before any others: http://sfdebris.com/videos/animation/madoka.asp

A system of cells interlinked
Popped in Macross Plus recently - I liked some of the concepts, so I think it's worth a watch.

The Bib-iest of Nickels
I've been in a little bit of a Anime binge in recent days. I would consider myself a casual-fan, but I have trouble finding jumping points and keeping myself from losing interest with certain animes. I am very picky with what I watch for some reason.

I started watching My Hero Academia with my fiancee, and I enjoy it a fair bit. It's a fun series, a similar approach as X-Men, but with its own unique flavor. I finished the first two seasons and will start doing catch up on the third season next week.

I also recently re-watched the first two seasons of Tokyo Ghoul, which is a series I have a considerable appreciation for. I really love how they did this anime. A lot of cool shots, really good use of the musical score. Some didn't like Season 2, and while I realize it was a lot different (and not quite on-par), I still liked it.

As of now, I'm starting through another watch of Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, I think I was about halfway through Brotherhood before I quit (I lost internet for a while and never jumped back on it), but the original Fullmetal Alchemist series is my all-time favorite.

_____ is the most important thing in my life…
The character design of One Punch Man always looked corny to me. Then I heard Bill Burr go on about how much he liked it and some of the themes involved.

I watched the first couple eps and enjoyed it a lot. I just have to be in a mood for it, can't see myself binging it.