Game Night (2018)

Semi-Pro Movie Complainer
The Incredibles 2, 6/10

Good movie.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Fact:

Cool people post in Movie Tab II.

Others here.
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

Game Night (2018)

Such a refreshing comedy. Didn't have high expectations going in and I was pleasantly surprised by this. Whole cast was great especially Jesse Plemons. Jason Bateman essentially plays the same character he's played time and time again but I still enjoy that subtle sarcastic nature he has in every role. Rachel McAdams was a huge joy as well haven't seen her in any comedies except that news movie with Harrison Ford from years ago that was very forgettable. Also love seeing Michael C. Hall pop up in this the guy has always had a good presence on screen since his Dexter days.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
The Incredibles 2

(Brad Bird)

It's been almost 15 years since we last saw the crime fighting family, so what have they been up to all this time? Bird and Pixar have no interest in telling you since this film takes place literally seconds after the first film. The Underminer emerges wanting to wreck havoc and steal millions of dollars. Working as a team now, the Parr family try their best to apprehend this villain. Yet just like when Mr. Incredible defeated Bomb-Voyage all those years ago, the city ends up a little bit destroyed. Perfect, just what the government needs to further cement the notion that Superheros should be outlawed.

One of the citizens who witnesses this destruction is Winston Deavor, a superhero obsessed tech tycoon. His goal, is to bring back supers and make them legal again. He and his sister recruit Mrs. Incredible to be their star hero since she doesn't cause as much chaos as her husband. Their idea is to record everything so that the everyday citizen can see the hero saving people, instead of the destructive aftermath. She stumbles upon a new super villain known as the ScreenSlaver, one look at a screen under his control and you're enslaved, doing his nasty bidding.

The old cliche of sequels rarely being as good or better than the original is tired, but true. With The Incredibles 2, Bird and company have managed to create an engaging story that lives up to the original, offering plenty of jokes, thrilling action sequences and more material for the kids to do. One of the characters who gets more screen time is Jack-Jack, which plenty of people say steals the show. His scenes are pretty comical and the kids will love his tussle with the nasty raccoon eating their trash. Second is Violet, dealing with trying to date a boy she likes, distrusting her parents and becoming a paternal figure when her parents are MIA. Each character is brought to life once again with excellent voice work. The chemistry between Nelson and Hunter is still lively and a believable relationship.

The action sequences are more intense, utilizing the vast city instead of the confines of an island. There is a rather exciting sequence involving a motorcycle that splits in two, letting Elastigirl move practically anywhere. The animation is top-notch and with the introduction of some new supers, we get to see some unique powers used. While I did like the new villain and their reasoning for things made some sense, it is definitely a step down from Syndrome.

The Incredibles 2 is a hit. A fun film for whole family and lives up to the original. Despite treading some familiar ground and a less than memorable villain, this film is a success.

Suspect's Reviews

Fact:

Cool people post in Movie Tab II.

Others here.
Stick to things you know about, like skinny Asian girls and 6 hour movies that appear to be filmed in slow motion. Leave cool to the rest of us.

Welcome to the human race...
like anyone who actively spends time posting about movies on a 20-year-old message board is cool

Mala noche -

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Stick to things you know about, like skinny Asian girls and 6 hour movies that appear to be filmed in slow motion. Leave cool to the rest of us.
Excuse *me*, I like T H I C C Asian girls* and 10 hour long films that do not appear to be filmed slow motion but whose pacing is slow hence the name of their genre - slow cinema. If you want to insult me at least get your facts right! At least you didn't mention pinku eiga. Classy.
What is movie tab 2? Once I find it I’m going to spam it like a Chinese bot. To hell with you minio!!!!
Wanted to provide you with a link but you were rude to me, so I'm not going to. You don't deserve it. /s

* To be honest I don't mind skinny ones either. Actually I don't mind girls at all.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Holds up to a rewatch and I might have a Lil sniffle each time.