Movies you couldn't even finish.

Tools    

I thought Happy Go Lucky was atrocious the first time I saw it. Hated Sally’s character. But, a few years later, I re-watched it & enjoyed it.

The Power of Christ That Compels You
I sat down to watch a flick on Netflix and it was so bad it went off after twenty minutes. Ironically enough, it was called The Diabolical

The 5th Wave (2016)

I knew after about the first 20 minutes this movie was going to try and do something 'groundbreaking', and it failed pretty early into the movie. Turned it off for the middle part of the movie and caught the end to see how it was going to pull all the garbage together.

Groundhog Day
This is a movie my husband LOVES. I've tried to watch it three times with him and each time I'll fallen asleep. I do stay up a little longer each time.....so maybe one day I'll acually see it to the end.

You should really give Groundhog Day another try...excellent screenplay and one of Murray's best performances.

I agree with @Gideon58 about Groundhog Day. Worth another look, and I' m not always a fan of Bill's movies, but thought he nailed it in this one. Of course, it 's a matter of taste too.

And speaking of taste- I' m wondering if I should give this last attempt of suffering through a movie another chance. (Oh no I can't I just can't) I recently tried to watch:

The Ramen Girl
Thought it would be one if those light hearted romance movies I usually love- a little fluff, a little worry, a lot of humor. Couldn't make it more than 15 minutes in. Couldn't grasp why I should be interested in any of these people.

Was I wrong? Anyone seen it - or heard of it for that matter?
Should I give it another chance? - or can I just relax and breathe a sigh of relief, and rewatch some familiar fave gems , like Moonstruck, 6 Days 7 Nights, and Murphy's Romance instead?

Phantom of the Opera - May I just say again...Joel Shumacher is THE WORST director ever.

C'mon Sedai, he did direct Batman Forever and Batman &... oh wait, never mind, you're right.

Sorry, can't seem to figure out how put the quotes in those fancy boxes like everyone else[/quote]

No argument regarding Joel Schumacher. I really liked Falling Down but haven't really cared for anything else he's done.

@Gideon58

Sorry, can't seem to figure out how put the quotes in those fancy boxes like everyone else
You highlight the text you want quoted with your mouse, then click the quote icon...See the screen shot.

Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled-1 copy.jpg
Views:	272
Size:	180.0 KB
ID:	45418  

so boring...

Last movie I couldn't finish was The Killing of a Sacred Deer.

I got 15 minutes in and was already losing my mind. The dialog was obnoxiously banal.

Dogtooth was alright (from the same director), but Sacred Deer was not.

Have no idea how this awful movie got into my Netflix Q. I don’t like Dépardieu at all.

A hot mess for which I had no patience. Little bit sick of Ewan McGregor & here he was playing a guy from New Jersey, which I did not buy at all. Then Dakota Fanning with a horrible stammer. Oy.

This might just do nobody any good.
I thought Yorgos Lanthimos’ style got in the way of “Deer”’s story. The tone just didn’t match and there were moments that required weight and dread but kept getting undermined by the just-barely-human delivery.

The kid terrorizing Colin Ferrell and his family is great though. I think he got it better than the rest and he definitely did what he could to steer the movie in the right direction.

Semi-Pro Movie Complainer
Straight up could not finish The Matrix Reloaded.