World Cup Soccer 2018

Tools    

Instead of watching matches I watch movies and then look up scores on the Internet. Win-win!
Sounds more lose-lose to me. Well, for about half the films you watch, anwyay.

Great day yesterday. The Germany v Mexico match in particular was a surprise with how poor the German team looked. Will they drop Khedira or change the system and put three in the middle?

I still have Brazil in the final, but the Germany v Brazil final I hoped for looks a lot less likely.

All of the teams most likely to win the tournament have played now and Spain look to be the best atm. Still, they're the only team which knew from the start they had to play well in the first game so maybe they were just better prepared for their first game?

While not losing is the most important thing in the first game, with the group England and Belgium are in, nothing but a win. Especially for England, as two wins before the Belgium game would make it easier to experiment in that game.

VAR strikes again. Happy that Sweden are winning.

Brazil did not play like champions and deserved draw they got. Switzerland was mostly solid. Match wasn't too impressive.

Germany couldn't score to save their lives, but I still think they played quite well and are favorites to win proceeding two matches. Mexico made some dangerous counter attacks in the first half, but second half was spent being lucky with German failures to close dangerous combinations.

Sweden deserved the win since they had convincing initiative for majority of the game.

I expect both Germany and Brazil to bounce back.

Korean team is just poor. I saw them in friendly right before the WC. They were crap. Scraped through qualifying. They are almost as bad a the Saudis. Except they have Son Heung Min. Other than that nothing much.

Still cant forgive them for 2002 though.

I'm a Mexican-American! So FREAKING proud, my whole family was practically screaming the whole way through.
You know a win is a really big deal when the lone goal scored in the win sets of earthquake seismographs in Mexico City! Thats team spirit if I ever saw it!

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Sounds more lose-lose to me. Well, for about half the films you watch, anwyay.
Phew, I only watch the most legit cinema. Football is not legit. Period.
I was only asking for a simple cookie. I don't want no Ukraine!
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

Keep your station clean - OR I WILL KILL YOU
You know a win is a really big deal when the lone goal scored in the win sets of earthquake seismographs in Mexico City! Thats team spirit if I ever saw it!
That... made me laugh so hard. That's amazing.

Apologies on the Belgium result for anybody that's got used to relying on my predictions to 'narrow the possible outcomes' - not quite sure what went wrong there

Great day yesterday. The Germany v Mexico match in particular was a surprise with how poor the German team looked. Will they drop Khedira or change the system and put three in the middle?
I guess people have underestimated Mexico, Mexico is a very good team, they are about the same level as England or Belgium. They never reached the semi-finals in a world cup for lack of luck.

I still have Brazil in the final, but the Germany v Brazil final I hoped for looks a lot less likely.
What can happen now is Germany and Brazil in the round of 16, which is kinda anti-climatic but I think it will be good for Brazil to exorcise their fears of 7-1 trauma.

All of the teams most likely to win the tournament have played now and Spain look to be the best atm. Still, they're the only team which knew from the start they had to play well in the first game so maybe they were just better prepared for their first game?
They all loocked kinda of disappointing. Although Brazil played well in the first half of their game they started playing badly after the controversial goal decision.

Well now its time for England. Should win. But with England, you never know.

They better beat Tunisia! But, as you say, you never know with England.

Its Kane. It should calm the nerves!

Its Kane. It should calm the nerves!
So pissed. For some reason can’t watch the game on Fox tv or streaming. Only getting Telemundo.

No problem the other day to watch Spain vs. Portugal.

Strange! Well at least you are watching it. But sometimes the commentary in a foreign language sucks the joy out of the match.

I remember a few years ago, FOX tried to use some idiot named Gus Johnson for a few UCL matches. And oh my lord it was painful. He was pathetic. There was a vicious backlash and he got pulled after a season.

Lucky, lucky England. Is it wrong that I was willing Tunisia on in the closing stages??

England made hard work of it. But at least they got the win!

Lucky, lucky England. Is it wrong that I was willing Tunisia on in the closing stages??
Yes, that was wrong!

Phew, England just made it.

England should have had a penalty. Kane was manhandled in the box at least twice.

What totally amazed me watching on Telemundo was the female commentator. Turns out Viviana Vila from Argentina is the first female World Cup commentator. Couldn’t understand a word of what she was saying, but, you go girl!