World Cup Soccer 2018

Tools    

Enjoyed the opening game yesterday, though I'm properly excited for the game later between Portugal and Spain!

And I love how Denmark is pushing forward with technology... I'm enjoying all the games in full 4K/HDR - that's so awesome

Spain or Germany. Or Belgium.
I personally would bet on the following teams as being more likely to win this cup:

1st - Brazil
2nd - Argentina
3rd - Germany
4th - France

Argentina above Germany mainly because they lost the final to Germany last time so they will be more motivated to win compared to Germany who will be more complacent. France has been going on quite strong as well.

But overall I don't think the European teams are going to win this one. While the Europeans got lucky in the last few world cups as Brazil was not playing up to it's traditional level (i.e. playing at a level above everybody else's) this time Brazil is surely playing like Brazil, basically wipping the floor with everybody else's national teams over the past 20 matches under Tite's brilliant management. Last time Brazil looked as strong as now was around the early 2000's, in fact, in terms of pre-world cup performance that's the strongest Brazil performance since the 1970 cup qualifiers.

Still, in football is very stochastic so even the best team only has a 20 to 25% chance of winning the world cub. The reason is that even if Brazil has a 75% chance of winning every match (which is the probability of a team playing above the level of the others), they need to win 4 matches in a row to win the cup from the round of 16 to the final so the probability of making it is only 81/256 given that Brazil makes to the round of 16 (which is almost 100%).

I don't think Spain is getting very far this time, Spain got lucky in 2010 but they are not a traditionally strong team. Spain in 2010 are like Hungary in 1954, not something that's likely to repeat itself.

Awwwwww, I got this when Googling for 'world cub':

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Hey hey wait a minute, i actually talk football with minio senpai! :O
Sometimes I need to drop my standards to be able to converse with common folk. I mean, it's pretty boring up here.
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

Hey hey wait a minute, i actually talk football with minio senpai! :O
Sometimes I need to drop my standards to be able to converse with common folk. I mean, it's pretty boring up here.

Would have loved to see Salah get some game time. Late heart break for Egypt.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
IM NOT ROOTING FOR POLAND

IM SUCH A CONTRARIAN

Would have loved to see Salah get some game time. Late heart break for Egypt.
Really disappointed for them, especially the goalkeeper. I can understand keeping Salah back until he's fully fit at this stage; they might really need him later on. Looking at them today though they should be able to beat Saudi Arabia easily, and give Russia a hard game.

Yeah. I understand why the manager want to keep him safe. Coz they still can qualify, as Russia and Saudi Arabia are definitely winnable matches for them. And they probably realize Uruguay will win the group anyways.

Iran had some weird trouble before the world cup as Nike didn't provide them with boots due to the Iran sanctions. Kind of feel bad for them!

Heart break for Morocco. Lost the world cup bid and now an own goal.

Good game so far Portugal vs. Spain. By the time I had my streaming set up with Infinity & Fox, Ronaldo had already scored a goal!

Match highlight - day 2
Unfortunately, it’s not highlights for those of us in America. Sends us to YouTube for the entire game.

Good game so far Portugal vs. Spain. By the time I had my streaming set up with Infinity & Fox, Ronaldo had already scored a goal!
Even though it was a 3-3 tie, it was Portugal’s game with Ronaldo’s hat trick.

It was a fun match. Spain deserved to win. But what can one do when CR7 is on the prowl.

I wouldn't think that Spain deserved to win just because they had greater ball possession. Portugal played their trump card well and managed to tie despite being a quite inferior team to Spain if we exclude a certain player. Overall it was Ronaldo's match more than national team's.