Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

I quite liked the old English of Ye, Thee, Thy etc. Although the lead actresses American accent gives it away on a few occasions. But still well acted throughout.
"I love thee marvellous well"

Great, but I didn't really believe that the characters were natural in that language.

I must admit I just assumed Anya Taylor-Joy was English – I don't remember thinking about an accent slipping. I did find that more with Kate Dickie though.

My favourite acting in it was from Harvey Scrimshaw. I thought what he did at his age, and how precise it was, was fantastic.

"I love thee marvellous well"

Great, but I didn't really believe that the characters were natural in that language.

I must admit I just assumed Anya Taylor-Joy was English – I don't remember thinking about an accent slipping. I did find that more with Kate Dickie though.

My favourite acting in it was from Harvey Scrimshaw. I thought what he did at his age, and how precise it was, was fantastic.

Her accent slipped a little bit when arguing with the little sister. But only slightly. The boy was very good, yes. He might have a bright future ahead.

Her accent slipped a little bit when arguing with the little sister. But only slightly. The boy was very good, yes. He might have a bright future ahead.
I hope so. I'm still impressed thinking about it now .

That's interesting about the accent. Now I know she's American so if I saw it again I wonder if I'd catch the slip?

Something similar happened to me recently when I saw Career Girls (1997) again after a long time. Lynda Steadman has one short moment where her voice seems to change back to her own Belfast accent from the character's Wakefield one — but she's so brilliant I could never tell she was Irish when I first saw it.

I hope so. I'm still impressed thinking about it now .

That's interesting about the accent. Now I know she's American so if I saw it again I wonder if I'd catch the slip?

Something similar happened to me recently when I saw Career Girls (1997) again after a long time. Lynda Steadman has one short moment where her voice seems to change back to her own Belfast accent from the character's Wakefield one — but she's so brilliant I could never tell she was Irish when I first saw it.

You might maybe, the rolling of the R's give it away is some of the words.

To be honest, i wont be able to spot an Irish or Northern Irish accent at all. They both sound similar to me.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
I couldn't believe it when she dropped the f bomb.
I think we'd all drop the f bomb at that .
Just hilarious, innocent fun, and the look of surprise he gave was gold. I wonder if that gave the cameraman a surprise as well. Great chemistry.

Nothing, new, nothing special, but enough for evening, when you are complitely exhausted and nondemanding

Sounds like my ex-wife.

Accattone (1961)

Only the 2nd Pier Paulo Pasolini film I've seen (the other, Oedipus Rex featured Franco Citti also). It's great and raw about a sleaze bag forced into trying something, anything, when his main source of income ends up in chokey. It's gritty and beautifully shot. Unsympathetic but with an understanding of the underbelly (alliteration or what!) More interesting than entertaining 6/10.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
Accattone (1961)

Only the 2nd Pier Paulo Pasolini film I've seen (the other, Oedipus Rex featured Franco Citti also). It's great and raw about a sleaze bag forced into trying something, anything, when his main source of income ends up in chokey. It's gritty and beautifully shot. Unsympathetic but with an understanding of the underbelly (alliteration or what!) More interesting than entertaining 6/10.

Great movie! Check out "Mama Roma"

Notice, he plays Calo in The Godfather II and III

42nd Street (1933)

-

From the top musicals list, and I expected one of those musicals that has characters suddenly singing out of their asses because the temperature changes. This wasn't like that at all, and according to the definition I've seen from some members, it wouldn't even qualify as a musical. The movie is about the production of a musical, so all of the musical numbers are natural. It's about the people trying to make the show happen; the director, financer, veteran stars, new girl, and everyone else. It's about what happens backstage. All of that stuff is ok. What really impressed me was how well the movie was made. I don't know if it was remastered at some point, but it really seemed to be ahead of it's time as far as production. The picture and sound are that good. The musical numbers and performances are also strong. It's not a movie that stirs any passion in me, but I was impressed.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
I'm sure it stirs a ton e of passion in shoe fetishist, cricket! 👨**💋*👨🙌

Quite a happy surprise. 6.5/10. Heartwarming stuff. But I have to say Dakota Fanning as an adult has completely turned into a bowl of mashed potatoes. Polar opposite of Jolie!

You might maybe, the rolling of the R's give it away is some of the words.
I suppose

To be honest, i wont be able to spot an Irish or Northern Irish accent at all. They both sound similar to me.
Well one clue is that the Northern Irish accent is sometimes confused with Scottish.

Unregistered User

Empire Of Passion (1978)

Not as graphic as In The Realm of The Senses but its certainly no shrinking violet. Visually stunning it could possibly be superior to the aforementioned, just a shame it will get possibly overlooked as it really is a fantastic story.

Very interesting documentary about the Ukrainian ballet dancer Sergei Polunin. Stupendously talented, but troubled by many demons.

Gringo: The Dangerous Life of John McAfee

I liked this.. There was another rich guy who was allowed to murder who was eventually busted for drugs I think. I wish Netflix would recommend things you liked.
A well done and compelling documentary about a fascinating (if kooky) guy. Really enjoyed it.

~Doc

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
A well done and compelling documentary about a fascinating (if kooky) guy. Really enjoyed it.

~Doc

Seems like these stories always have a horrible mix... Just like the cults, especially in "Wild Wild Country" (on Netflix, etc), which is also great. You take an eccentric guy to the murder capital and you can't really assess the situation. I know some would say "He's paranoid" but Belize was the same before..

I find it interesting that McAfee was an anti-virus genius, and I wonder how much of it was his pension for seeing conflicts. I don't think it's paranoia, even though I think most will think so. I think the move put gasoline on a fire, but I don't remember him ever being in any kind of trouble before-hand... I also remember a guy named Robert Durst who killed someone (perhaps more) with no worries, but of course, he was another millionaire, just like McAfee, and the law doesn't apply to them.

"Holy Hell" is another documentary (not as interesting) on CNN, and if you have Comcast, it's free on-demand.

Terrifier (2017)

-

A guy dressed as a clown kills people. Good story, villain, and gore. Nothing clever about it, and nothing special about the style or atmosphere. Worth watching for slasher fans.
such a nice flick in my opinion! vilain is scary as f*ck

Keep your station clean - OR I WILL KILL YOU

Quite liked it and it was different. Not scary though! 6/10.
The Witch is actually one of the most recent horror films that actually affected me. The last 15 minutes, chills!