Maverick (Top Gun 2)

Tools    

Cruise is at it again, talking of a sequel to the 1986 movie.
This time, it's a full on poster and a release date.

The movie is now under full production, and the title of the film will not be Top Gun 2... it will be "Maverick".

The release date will be July 12, 2019.

The truth is in here
What a dumb title. "Maverick". What. Just call it Top Gun 2, sheesh.

Never mind, it's actually Top Gun: Maverick, not just Maverick. Still not sure about the title though.

I guarantee this movie will involve him being "grounded" somehow. Not because he's waaaaay to old to fly a plane, of course. No, his elite squad will be getting replaced by drone pilots or a bunch of new hotshots that immediately get in trouble and Tommy (Maverick) Gunn will have to suit up with much personal consternation because to get back in the pilots seat may kill him this time! According to the hot Dr. Chick that he will inevitably be banging out in this flick. Kenny Loggins will also be returning to do the soundtrack. I bet we could write the song right now. How hard could it be?

Val Kilmer has been talking about this, too. It makes me wonder if he's going to be asked back for sure. I know his health is funky lately. His speaking voice has him sounding like he has a speech impediment. A swollen tongue, and his face seems a bit puffy due to the possible side effects of whatever herbal supplements he's taking (since he's a christian scientist now and won't get proper help?).

Hope he comes back, though, despite his hurdles.

For me i just want joseph kosinki to catch the 80s feel like tony scott did in the original

"Honor is not in the Weapon. It is in the Man"
Val Kilmer has been talking about this, too. It makes me wonder if he's going to be asked back for sure. I know his health is funky lately. His speaking voice has him sounding like he has a speech impediment. A swollen tongue, and his face seems a bit puffy due to the possible side effects of whatever herbal supplements he's taking (since he's a christian scientist now and won't get proper help?).

Hope he comes back, though, despite his hurdles.

People Magazine has confirmed that Val Kilmer will return as Iceman.
https://people.com/movies/val-kilmer...-gun-maverick/

Val Kilmer will be returning as Iceman.

Also returning is Kenny Loggins. He will be re-recording Danger Zone for the soundtrack.

https://movieweb.com/top-gun-2-kenny...s-danger-zone/

“Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!” ~ Rocky Balboa

The Hollywood Reporter has mentioned that after this week's round of auditions, three actors are in contention to take on the role of Goose's son, who will be a key figure in the sequel. Goose was played by Anthony Edwards in the original and if many remember, he was killed in the original film. Who are the final three, with one to score the role?

Nicholas Hoult
Glen Powell
Miles Teller

The character of Goose's son made a brief appearance in the original and Meg Ryan played Goose's wife.

Michael Ironside will not return as Jester for one simple reason...he doesn't get along with Jerry Bruckheimer

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/ne...sequel-1152118

“I’m not going to be in this film,” he said. “The one person still in charge is Jerry Bruckheimer and Mr. Bruckheimer and I don’t really get along, or didn’t get along. He offered me a project 10 or 12 years ago and … I said no to it.”

Ironside added, “The next time I saw him at a hockey game… I went up and said, ‘Hey Jerry,’ and he just turned around and I figured, ‘Well that relationship is over with.”

Too bad micheal ironside won t be here, i really liked his character

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Miles Teller rubs me the wrong way. I would have preferred Glen Powell, give him a chance.

Suspect's Reviews

Miles Teller rubs me the wrong way. I would have preferred Glen Powell, give him a chance.

He is in it, but in a different role. While Teller got the little Goose role, they wrote a role in just for Powell.