Tom Cruise's best role or movie ?

Tools    

Hear, hear.

Vanilla Sky was good, as well. I can hear eyes rolling, haha!

Risky Business, though..come on. Tom Cruise is awesome..or..he was.

That entire cast (The Firm) was great. A nice mix.

Jon

Tom Cruise’s best role is in the movie ‘Born on the Fourth of July’. It was released in 1989. He portrayed a paralyzed person and he was completely engrossed in this character. It was incredible to see his performance in the film. This also earned him his first Oscar nomination.

Tom's best movies are behind him.

His Top 10 movies in chronological order are:

All The Right Moves (1983)
Top Gun (1986)
The Color of Money (1986)
Rain Man (1988)
Born on the Fourth of July (1989)
A Few Good Men (1992)
Jerry Maguire (1996)
Eyes Wide Shut (1999)
Magnolia (1999)
Collateral (2004)

As you can see, I'm not a fan of any of his Mission: Impossible films or any of his other action films. I find them to be beneath his acting abilities.

He should be making the same quality films that Tom Hanks is making, but I guess the 'action star' thing is bringing him big bucks. So for Tom, it's obvious he prefers quick and easy cash over artistic integrity.
“Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!” ~ Rocky Balboa

i would have to guess it could be The firm , or a few good men

Top Gun and Cocktail!

We've gone on holiday by mistake
He has been in loads of great stuff, but I believe he was legendary as Vincent in Collateral, maybe the last good movie by my favourite director Micheal Mann. He really put the effort into the gunplay, becoming basically just as fast as a spec forces operative.

Hellloooo Cindy - Scary Movie (2000)
He has been in loads of great stuff, but I believe he was legendary as Vincent in Collateral, maybe the last good movie by my favourite director Micheal Mann. He really put the effort into the gunplay, becoming basically just as fast as a spec forces operative.

Very good movie, very good performance. I love the club scene. It equals if not just below the club scene in the original terminator.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
I really liked Collateral

I really liked Collateral
Mark Ruffalo impressed me in that – I didn't recognise him at first .

We've gone on holiday by mistake
Mark Ruffalo impressed me in that – I didn't recognise him at first .
Think it was basically his breakout role.