Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

We Bought A Zoo (Cameron Crowe, 2011)

I bought a bucket

Miss Julie (2014)

''Are you ever afraid to hear you’re no longer wanted? That you don’t belong?''

Deadpool 2 is a welcome chapter to the R-rated superhero franchise. Though not quite recapturing the magic of the first, it is still a joyride that will leave you smiling.

3/5 STARS
★★★☆☆

Dina (Antonio Santini & Dan Sickles, 2017)

At times interesting, candid, mundane, embarrassing and deeply moving

A nice watch. But really not that scary. 6.5/10.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Frances. Gee Jessica was good in this.

Deadpool 2:

It is hilarious and fun. I am probably going to see it again in the theater. 4 out of 5 stars. I enjoyed it a lot.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Flatliners

(Niels Arden Oplev)

An unnecessary remake that doesn't take any chances, do anything different or make a statement. This film is a boring chore to get through, lacks scares and makes you question its very existence. Filmed in Toronto, using a Canadian cast and gear that I personally put on set....I'm embarrassed for it, myself and Canadians as a whole.

Courtney becomes obsessed with the afterlife after a car accident takes the life of her little sister. She persuades fellow medical students Sophia and Jamie to help her with an experiment, little did they know it involved killing her. When they have trouble reviving her, two more students lend a hand and succeed in bringing her back to life. Her description of her experience is enough to make the other students jealous and attempt to "flatline" themselves. Little do the know, that when they passed into the afterlife and came back, they brought something with them.

Now, this idea is an awesome one and I think a remake of the original could have had a lot of potential, but it is all wasted on this tepid flick. No one looks like they want to be there, especially Ellen Page. Her 'obsession' barely comes across on the screen and is odd to me because she and the others only flatline once, with the exception of Nina Dobrev's character. I might be wrong, but I remember people flatlining a bunch of times in the original. It goes hand in hand with their obsession of discovery in the afterlife. This lame remake is more concerned about scares and it barely manages to get any in.

Kiefer Sutherland has a small role in this film as a completely different character from the original. It would have made more sense to me to have him be the same character, he senses what is going on with these kids, tries to stop them, etc. None of that happens, despite Sutherland's odd comments saying he WAS the same character and this was kind of a sequel. That might have made the film more interesting.

I'll give them some credit for one thing.
WARNING: "Flatliners" spoilers below
killing off Page was a bit of a surprise, since everyone lives in the original

Other than that this film is dead on arrival with uninteresting or likable characters, boring 'horror' moments and an uninspired 'afterlife'. Even the poster is boring...and a LIAR!!!!! Diego Luna never flatlines in the film, they just wanted a recognizable face on the cover I guess.

Suspect's Reviews

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Maybe one day, you never know. Won't be for a while though if it happens.
I'm one of the FEW...VERY FEW people that hated the original and liked the sequel. It embraces a more comedic parody vibe and it actually works of it.

Totally on board with how bad the first film is though.

I'm one of the FEW...VERY FEW people that hated the original and liked the sequel. It embraces a more comedic parody vibe and it actually works of it.

Totally on board with how bad the first film is though.
I've Simpson's Funland slated for a watch in the not too distant so if I like that (or even just find it passable) it will certainly give the sequel a greater chance of a viewing by me.

Excellent movie. Kurt Russell killed it. Everyone else was really good too. Loved it.