What's the worst superhero movie you've ever seen?

Tools    

Di je Karlo?
This one ought to be good. I know many people here don't like superhero movies in general, but have you seen any you'd call outstandingly terrible?

Name it and tell me what made you dislike it so much.

My favorite bad superhero movie is
The Return of Captain Invincible (1983).

My favorite bad superhero movie is
The Return of Captain Invincible (1983).
I have not seen this... should I?

Catwoman comes to mind, as does Spawn.

Why? Well, Catwoman was so far from canon I couldn't deal, and it was shoddily done. Halle Berry looked great, and that's all that movie had going for it. They botched Spawn. The hell sequences are some of the worst I've ever seen on film and it's not the fault of early CGI, we'd already seen better at that point in time. The only thing that film had going for it was Spawn's cape and I remember thinking the soundtrack suited it somewhat. John Leguizamo irritated me so much in that.

And at risk of a fatwah, the Nolan Batman movies bored the life out of me.
Same here. I couldn't even finish TDK on one go and haven't bothered with the third film.

Ideologically the worst superhero film is whatever started this current boom. As a film the worst is probably Elektra or practically any Spider-Man (I don't think I've managed to finish any of them).

As a film the worst is probably Elektra or practically any Spider-Man (I don't think I've managed to finish any of them).
Oh, Elektra. Forgot about that. Wow, yeah that was bad too.

Welcome to the human race...
I have not seen this... should I?

Catwoman comes to mind, as does Spawn.

Why? Well, Catwoman was so far from canon I couldn't deal, and it was shoddily done. Halle Berry looked great, and that's all that movie had going for it. They botched Spawn. The hell sequences are some of the worst I've ever seen on film and it's not the fault of early CGI, we'd already seen better at that point in time. The only thing that film had going for it was Spawn's cape and I remember thinking the soundtrack suited it somewhat. John Leguizamo irritated me so much in that.
Catwoman would've been my pick for being a tiresome Crow knock-off with bad gender politics, but I'd give Spawn the benefit of the doubt because I agree with Roger Ebert's assessment that it practically qualifies as experimental art.

Catwoman would've been my pick for being a tiresome Crow knock-off with bad gender politics, but I'd give Spawn the benefit of the doubt because I agree with Roger Ebert's assessment that it practically qualifies as experimental art.
I'll keep that in mind next time I happen to watch it. But I'm not convinced... yet.

This might just do nobody any good.
I think I’ve seen Green Lantern but I’ll be damned if I can remember anything about it.

All of them except DeadPool 1 and Logan.

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
Spawn, hands down. I can buy that it was experimental, but was it for the sake of art or budget/directing? Not only did it look like **** (IMO), but it was so damn cartoony and campy. To me, it was an insult to the comic book series and looked like a sloppy cash grab wish ****ty one-liners and poorly delivered, overacted lines.

I'm speaking from my initial reaction from watching it on release in my college days. I've watched it since, and my opinion has not improved.

Catwoman would probably follow up as second, with Elektra a close third.

Maybe Spiderman 3 next? Whichever one had the shell of Venom disco-walking down the street finger-banging chicks as they walked by.

"Ever try to forcibly pin down a house cat? It's not easy." - Captain Steel

"I just can't get pass sticking a finger up a dog's butt." - John Dumbear

Superman 4 I think was the first movie I ever gave 0% tbh.

Other than that, try any movie made before the MCU that's based on a Marvel character.
Before the MCU came along, Marvel were a total laughing stock, especially when compared to Superman The Movie, Superman 2 and Burton's and Nolan's Batman movies.
In any case, anything made recently that's not attached to the MCU, is still laughable. The Punisher movies, Ghost Rider movies, most of the X-Men films.

Just had a look for some ideas, and I forgot this was even made.

You've also got stuff like Steel, The Crow sequels, Elektra, the various Fantastic 4 movies, Supergirl, Daredevil, Blade...

And before Black Panther, there was this https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Meteor_Man_(film)

Di je Karlo?
Other than that, try any movie made before the MCU that's based on a Marvel character.
Before the MCU came along, Marvel were a total laughing stock, especially when compared to Superman The Movie, Superman 2 and Burton's and Nolan's Batman movies.
Spider-Man 1 and 2 were both pretty good, though

Welcome to the human race...
The first two Spider-Man movies alone would disprove the "pre-MCU Marvel is bad" claim, though (to say nothing of Blade).

Well, ok... Spider-Man, and Spider-Man 2. But that's it. 2 films... that were then followed up by Spider-Man 3.