Harvey Weinstein Fired!!

Tools    

Don’t Draft Me, I Watch Anime!
i think ashley judd is not the kind of person who would jump into legal arena without a case...she might have some proof that backups weinstein bad mouthing her
I mean, she does have testimony from Peter Jackson directly saying that Weinstein caused him to take her off the casting list for LOTR.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
yep. I look forward to this. Oh yes. Grab your popcorn and put your feet up. People just cannot keep getting away with this utter bull****. I have a friend going though this type of thing with threats that his career willl be ruined. It's disgraceful.

I mean, she does have testimony from Peter Jackson directly saying that Weinstein caused him to take her off the casting list for LOTR.
i think apart from it being true..one of the reasons he came forward with his accusations i think is because he seems to have had rough time with miramax when trying to make lord of the rings...he tried to force them to make 1 lord of the rings but with the content of all 3 movies.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
I can also confirm having been on set that Weinstein did in fact have her taken off the list

On a serious note I wonder who she might have played, there's only really Arwen or Eowyn.

i think apart from it being true..one of the reasons he came forward with his accusations i think is because he seems to have had rough time with miramax when trying to make lord of the rings...he tried to force them to make 1 lord of the rings but with the content of all 3 movies.
Excuse my stupid O'clock glasses but how does that relate to the weinstein effect in your opinion?

I meant to post this my yesterday morning as it cane up on the news - slow news day and a triple espresso gone wrong but here it is

Harvey's gorgeous wife gave an interview where she broke down sobbing saying she didn't know.

Cmon now. Hollywevil would be the ultimate den of iniquity.

Don’t Draft Me, I Watch Anime!
Tbh, I don’t think she would have known the extent of the abuse. I don’t see him sharing that much information. She may have gotten creep vibes from him, but not like this.

Sure. No one knew the extent. The fake newsreader who took the fake news claimed she knew nothing. Her sobbing might have been anything. I'm just surprised more than anything she gave an interview so soon.

Asia Argento’s Fiery Speech Closes Cannes Film Festival

Asia Argento’s Fiery Speech Closes Cannes Film Festival

Wow D. Deserves a repeat. All the hairs raised on my skin. Good. ON. HER!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR POSTING THAT.

Interesting. I thought that beautifully delivered speech would see a thread of lively debate this morning. What happened?

I think I love her.

Tough to be the neglected child of the most famous Italian horror director of all time. I think she spent most of her life trying to get her fathers attention which translated into feeling like being used by men was a tactic to being noticed and being loved. But good to see a guy like Bourdain snap her up as an adult. They are two peas in a pod.

Tough to be the neglected child of the most famous Italian horror director of all time. I think she spent most of her life trying to get her fathers attention which translated into feeling like being used by men was a tactic to being noticed and being loved. But good to see a guy like Bourdain snap her up as an adult. They are two peas in a pod.
Are you saying that speech is nothing but a plea for attention?

no no! what happened to her when she was young. because of the situation with her father. She is now speaking back to those events from the point of view of a woman who now has the full perspective on her psychological growth and what attracted her to toxic situations as a child and as a young woman. She says one of the reasons she became an actor was to get her fathers attention because its the only time he gave it to her. She had an empty place in her soul where her fathers love should have been and Weinstein (and others) took full advantage of that vulnerability.

no no! what happened to her when she was young. because of the situation with her father. She is now speaking back to those events from the point of view of a woman who now has the full perspective on her psychological growth and what attracted her to toxic situations as a child and as a young woman. She says one of the reasons she became an actor was to get her fathers attention because its the only time he gave it to her. She had an empty place in her soul where her fathers love should have been and Weinstein (and others) took full advantage of that vulnerability.
OH my apologies, Rex. Totally my fault for misreading you. Thanks for clarifying.

Getting back to what I said earlier about things going quiet, a quick Google indicates there's been no news on this since 2 days ago. This really has me curious since the Weinstein Effect took off. Media discussion about Harvey very quickly goes as silent as that room was. Where Is Harvey hiding out these days.

And Kevin Spacey. The only difference is I do miss Kevin's acting. I don't miss seeing Harvey.

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
Getting back to what I said earlier about things going quiet, a quick Google indicates there's been no news on this since 2 days ago. This really has me curious since the Weinstein Effect took off. Media discussion about Harvey very quickly goes as silent as that room was. Where Is Harvey hiding out these days.

And Kevin Spacey. The only difference is I do miss Kevin's acting. I don't miss seeing Harvey.
Hey! That's the 24/7 new cycle in action. Camo mentioned this observation too I believe in the gun thread how even though someone made a reference to one of the recent shootings, the thread went on in argument without a bump.

Personally, I think it's a side-effect through over-saturation of shiny things in media, news, and entertainment. Pop, jump, pop, jump, etc., and we get inundated with too much information that we find it difficult to focus on anything by the noisiest attention seeker of the moment.

Could just be me though.

"Ever try to forcibly pin down a house cat? It's not easy." - Captain Steel

"I just can't get pass sticking a finger up a dog's butt." - John Dumbear

Hey! That's the 24/7 new cycle in action. Camo mentioned this observation too I believe in the gun thread how even though someone made a reference to one of the recent shootings, the thread went on in argument without a bump.

Personally, I think it's a side-effect through over-saturation of shiny things in media, news, and entertainment. Pop, jump, pop, jump, etc., and we get inundated with too much information that we find it difficult to focus on anything by the noisiest attention seeker of the moment.

Could just be me though.
I think both you and Camo have hit the nail on the head, so that makes atleast three of us.

I was thinking the same thing when I brought up the shooting a few times