Movies you couldn't even finish.

Tools    

This might just do nobody any good.
2049?

Asking because I think it’s a Very Good Movie™.

Blade Runner was a bore - slow-moving and badly written. The biggest problem with modern films is the terrible writing. Nothing but the "F" word over and over, with bad dialogue and slow pacing. Most films seem to be nothing more than boring re-hashes of past hits, so predictable you know the ending when the film starts! In view of all the screenwriting books available, and the computer screenwriting programs, you would think producers would have sense enough to choose some good scripts!
The reason new movies have "Nothing but the "F" word over and over" ...is the producer is seeking to get an R rating for the movie. An a certain number of F bombs will do it. Usually these movies are strictly PG in every other manner besides the language.

BTW which Blade Runner did you think was boring the new one? or the original?

Movie Forums Squirrel Jumper
But can't you use other words to get the R rating as well? Every movie that uses the C-word in that I have seen as an R rating, and you only have to use it once, compared to using the F word over and over.

But can't you use other words to get the R rating as well? Every movie that uses the C-word in that I have seen as an R rating, and you only have to use it once, compared to using the F word over and over.
Yes, you can. But it doesn't take the F word "over and over"; you only need to use it twice to get an R rating.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Yes, you can. But it doesn't take the F word "over and over"; you only need to use it twice to get an R rating.
I never realised that and oftrn wondered why we seemed to get a totally different copy to you over her in Aus. Ibthought my overactive imagination must have been making up thr extra scenes. Thanks for thst

Didn’t finish this because I fell asleep. Not a bad indie movie by any means, but under-developed.

I never realised that and oftrn wondered why we seemed to get a totally different copy to you over her in Aus. Ibthought my overactive imagination must have been making up thr extra scenes. Thanks for thst
Yeah, our rating system is pretty weird. It is an organically grown tree that grew up stunted, in the shade and warped. (Note: I am talking about the rating system this century, since the "wardrobe malfunction/nipple slip" at the Superbowl which seemed to make the pendulum way over-react to the other direction.)

You are allowed one F bomb and you can still be PG-13. A second one and you are rated R. Most movies will drop the F bomb in a really, really important/poignant moment ("Draft Day" and "The Circle" for examples).

Breasts these days, unlike last century, automatically make the movie rated R. Lots of movies in the 20th century had breasts and they were PG ("Airplane!" and "Barbarella" for examples) and PG-13 ("Back to School" and "Titanic" for examples). Some PG-13 movies even had full female frontal nudity ("Doc Hollywood" and "The Woman In Red" for examples). These days, though, despite breasts being everywhere on the internet, it automatically makes the movie rated R. Even a female butt makes the movie rated R because it can only be sexual. A male butt, however, is still PG-13 because it is considered more humorous than sexual. The rating system drives me bonkers; apparently, despite there being nudity and sex everywhere on the internet, we have become, in the USA, even more prudish about it.

Note that there is an exception for "Masterpieces". If a movie is amazingly good, the rating system will drop it a notch so that it can be seen by more people ("Calendar Girls" should have been rated R for nudity but received a PG-13 rating instead and "Saving Private Ryan" should have been rated NC-17 for the incredibly realistic and excessive violence, but was rated R instead, for examples.)

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Thanks theophile. Great reply. Really made me wonder about TV shows like Hannibal, American horror story American gods. They all had different ratings and it was so confusing.

Make a better place
Ah fair. Have you seen We Need to Talk about Kevin? It’s the same director and slow as molasses.
The irony is that I've seen We Need to Talk About Kevin and I fu*king loved it

Movie Forums Squirrel Jumper
Yeah, our rating system is pretty weird. It is an organically grown tree that grew up stunted, in the shade and warped. (Note: I am talking about the rating system this century, since the "wardrobe malfunction/nipple slip" at the Superbowl which seemed to make the pendulum way over-react to the other direction.)

You are allowed one F bomb and you can still be PG-13. A second one and you are rated R. Most movies will drop the F bomb in a really, really important/poignant moment ("Draft Day" and "The Circle" for examples).

Breasts these days, unlike last century, automatically make the movie rated R. Lots of movies in the 20th century had breasts and they were PG ("Airplane!" and "Barbarella" for examples) and PG-13 ("Back to School" and "Titanic" for examples). Some PG-13 movies even had full female frontal nudity ("Doc Hollywood" and "The Woman In Red" for examples). These days, though, despite breasts being everywhere on the internet, it automatically makes the movie rated R. Even a female butt makes the movie rated R because it can only be sexual. A male butt, however, is still PG-13 because it is considered more humorous than sexual. The rating system drives me bonkers; apparently, despite there being nudity and sex everywhere on the internet, we have become, in the USA, even more prudish about it.

Note that there is an exception for "Masterpieces". If a movie is amazingly good, the rating system will drop it a notch so that it can be seen by more people ("Calendar Girls" should have been rated R for nudity but received a PG-13 rating instead and "Saving Private Ryan" should have been rated NC-17 for the incredibly realistic and excessive violence, but was rated R instead, for examples.)
I've never seen a movie that was rated R because of a female butt. Which movies?

Remember how Orgazmo got ****ed over with an NC 17 rating?

Goodness only knows what this movie was about. Didn’t stick around to find out. Horrible.

Goodness only knows what this movie was about. Didn’t stick around to find out. Horrible.
Damn, and I've been trying to look for this movie to be showing on TV or streaming for some time. Never seen it, but I've heard good things usually.

I think this movie is a question of one’s taste. I can imagine many people enjoyed it, but it wasn’t for me.

I must have been on crack when I put this in my Netflix Q. I have seen one Jodorowsky movie in my life, which was good, but I have zero interest in his attempt to film Dune.

This might just do nobody any good.
Boo. It’s worth watching for Jodorowsky recalling the time when David Carradine took his vitamin c.

I remember The Right Stuff had several F bombs and that was PG.

Dreamscape had breasts, 2 F bombs and tons of graphic violence, and was PG-13.

I also remember Caddyshack II having the F word as late as 1988 and that was PG.

I agree the rating system is inconsistent/erratic, but like you said, have their own agenda.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
I must have been on crack when I put this in my Netflix Q. I have seen one Jodorowsky movie in my life, which was good, but I have zero interest in his attempt to film Dune.
Aren't you on crack so often you can't remember if you were on crack or if you've seen it a million times and loved it?

I remember it being pretty interesting. It's a documentary. I was never a fan of Dune (the movie) and had no idea who Jodorowsky was before seeing this - yet, it was still pretty interesting because it was about film making and something that could have been, but wasn't.

In the same vein was that documentary about the Superman movie with Nic Cage. Such a movie would've been a fright, but the documentary about how it almost happened was pretty dang entertaining.

I liked it quite a bit, but I defend your individuality.

Oh, and I have a movie I tried to watch 3 times, that's 3 different times I got the movie and started watching it, and gave up....Happy Go Lucky with Sally Hawkins, who I do like, but not in this film.