Crimson Tide (1995)

→ in
Tools    

I ve always loved political submarine movies, and i happen to like tony scott may he rest inpeace, i ve always liked his direction to action movies, one personal favorite is the last boy scout from 1990 with bruce willis, coming into 1995 we find this thriller, with denzel washignton and gene hackman, two personal favorites actors, and here there is no shortage of decent actinf and enough thrills.
There's an early scene in "Crimson Tide" when the characters are playing a trivia game, remembering the stars of early submarine movies like "Run Silent, Run Deep." It's clever,*and really engaging early on.
The tradition includes a strong commander, and the Alabama possesses a legend: Capt. Ramsey (Gene Hackman), who trained under the legendary Adm. Hyman Rickover, father of the nuclear submarine, and is now nearing the end of his active duty. Ramsey, known for chewing up subordinates, is also famous for his little dog, a*Jack Russell*terrier that is allowed to lift its little leg wherever it pleases.
Director Tony Scott ("Top Gun") handles scenes with skill, especially the manouvering of the submarines, Instead, the movie develops along ideological lines, as Ramsey and Hunter - both absolutely convinced they're right - attempt to gain control of the submarine.*
All in all i really like this film and a great addition to the best submarine movies of all times, this one belongs to the top tier indeed.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Been a while now since I've seen it but I love it. Washington and Hackman are a great pair of rivals.
LOL @Ramsey the JRT. A bit like that here with my boy Jrts, rambond!

Viggo Mortensen is in that, right? He portrays stress so well.

LOL @Ramsey the JRT. A bit like that here with my boy Jrts, rambond!
i didn t get the last jrts rambond...

JRT =jack Russell terrier🐶

All in all I really like this film and a great addition to the best submarine movies of all times, this one belongs to the top tier indeed.
Gene Hackman, Denzel, Viggo Mortensen, James Gandolfini.. dir. by Tony Scott..! This movie has never left my all time 100 favorites list..
Never could decide (still can't) if it it's better, equal or less than The Hunt for Red October..
Das Boot is also on my all time favs list, ofcourse..