A Quiet Place question

Tools    

I haven't seen this yet but here is something that is really bothering me. Am I really supposed to believe that people are more equipped at survival than I am because they have a deaf family member.

Because I would run around screaming my head off.. no deaf family member so no idea how to keep shtum

I think this looks entertaining and will see it but... but really, makes no sense on any level, it's annoying me before I have even seen the movie.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
They're more equipped because they use sign language?
I thought because they dont get distracte3d by noise.

I haven't seen this yet but here is something that is really bothering me. Am I really supposed to believe that people are more equipped at survival than I am because they have a deaf family member.

Because I would run around screaming my head off.. no deaf family member so no idea how to keep shtum

I think this looks entertaining and will see it but... but really, makes no sense on any level, it's annoying me before I have even seen the movie.
I think it's more that they were living on a farm and their were only three monsters feeding than say in the city.

They're more equipped because they use sign language?
I thought because they dont get distracte3d by noise.
If anything, the deaf relative would be a hindrance as they wouldn't hear any noise that they were making, vibrations maybe

Deafness throws off your balance, a deaf person (someone that's comfortable with their disability of course) is going to be more naturally grounded and solid than someone that's not as they've had to work to keep upright.

That was one of the minor stupid things in this movie. I was wondering the entire movie why they had such flawlessly kept farm fields when all hell broke loose around them.

Welcome to the human race...
Because most of the movie takes place about 400 days after the initial invasion so they'd have been able to rebuild it by that point (assuming they even had to).

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
But corn fields are noisy, which was the thing to avoid with these creatures. Plowing, seeding, maintaining, and harvesting a field of that size without machinery is impractical if not impossible with one laborer. The fields are gorgeous, but kinda silly.

Sit Ubu Sit.... Good Dog
My question would have been, was this supposed to have been a good movie. My friend called me raving about this movie and told me I had to go see it in theater so I just got back and this movie sucked, boring, not scary not even intense. It is uncomfortably quiet and yes I knew going in it was going to be quiet but everybody in theater looked at me when I took a drink from my soda, just boring and boring. The "thing" (don't wanna give any spoilers) was pretty awesome looking, that's the only good I can say.

It reminds me in some ways of "The Last Man on Earth" with Vincent Price. I think that film had a better premise but in either case, you have to suspend belief a lot. If there were creatures ready to attack me outside, I would never go out. But that would make a pretty boring movie.

The Power of Christ That Compels You
The pregnancy angle would worry me more - that part dragged the movie down slightly as that baby would be screaming - mattress dulling the sound or not...

OK, I just saw the film a couple of days ago and maybe I missed something, but I don't think anyone in the family was deaf. I think they learned sign language in order to communicate with each other without noise.