Anyone else here not like Pulp Fiction?

Tools    

Well when you write it into two of your movies, it does make one wonder. Then again it might just be him referencing exploitation films

Movie Forums Squirrel Jumper
Well when you write it into two of your movies, it does make one wonder. Then again it might just be him referencing exploitation films
Which other movie was it in, besides Pulp Fiction?

Which other movie was it in, besides Pulp Fiction?
The Hateful 8 has Samuel L Jackson riling a Confederate General by telling him he made his son crawl through the snow naked and suck his penis. Then he gives the general a gun so that he can kill him without being accused of murder.

Love Pulp Fiction. Guess I won't post in a thread designed primarily to bash it. What a waste of time eh? Hey... maybe this whole thread is a real time waster eh folks? How many Pulp Fiction threads we got on the board anyway? Bet there's at least one. I know for a fact there's plenty of threads already on the board where one can go and take sh*ts on movies to, so why make another? I love Natural Born Killers too but obviously I lack the mental fortitude to even know what a good movie is anymore. #makepulpfictiongreatagainbitches

The Hateful 8 has Samuel L Jackson riling a Confederate General by telling him he made his son crawl through the snow naked and suck his penis. Then he gives the general a gun so that he can kill him without being accused of murder.
Oh right, I forgot about that. Well I don't think Tarantino is obsessed with it, as he only used it twice.

Other directors have re-used the same subject matter throughout more of their movies in comparison.

This might just do nobody any good.
Wait till’ Kamal finds out about Quentin’s thing for feet.

Love Pulp Fiction. Guess I won't post in a thread designed primarily to bash it. What a waste of time eh? Hey... maybe this whole thread is a real time waster eh folks? How many Pulp Fiction threads we got on the board anyway? Bet there's at least one. I know for a fact there's plenty of threads already on the board where one can go and take sh*ts on movies to, so why make another? I love Natural Born Killers too but obviously I lack the mental fortitude to even know what a good movie is anymore. #makepulpfictiongreatagainbitches
I havent been around enough to see those other threads

Welcome to the human race...
Why did Brokencyde have to end up in one of my threads
I thought it was necessary to illustrate the absurdity of not just calling Natural Born Killers a better film than Pulp Fiction but also daring to call Pulp Fiction the Justin Bieber of movies.

Oh right, I forgot about that. Well I don't think Tarantino is obsessed with it, as he only used it twice.

Other directors have re-used the same subject matter throughout more of their movies in comparison.
You make a fair point, it just seems to me that it's an odd thing to put in your movie. I mean, imagine sitting at home, writing a script, and being like "heh, and now there will be a scene where this guy tells a long story about how he made another man suck his dick lol"

It adds nothing to the movie except to make me wonder if Quentin is kinda gay

Both instances are justified within their respective films, though. In Pulp Fiction, it's a horrible enough fate to make Butch decide to rescue Marsellus, a man he's been trying to either outrun or outfight for the entire movie up to that point. As for The Hateful Eight, well, you explained it well enough yourself, Kamal.

You make a fair point, it just seems to me that it's an odd thing to put in your movie. I mean, imagine sitting at home, writing a script, and being like "heh, and now there will be a scene where this guy tells a long story about how he made another man suck his dick lol"

The point of the scene in The Hateful Eight was to show how sadistic Samuel L. Jackson was. The rape seemed much more random in Pulp Fiction though, but they needed to have Bruce Willis save Ving Rhames from some sort of danger. (can't remember the movie character names).

The point of the scene in The Hateful Eight was to show how sadistic Samuel L. Jackson was. The rape seemed much more random in Pulp Fiction though, but they needed to have Bruce Willis save Ving Rhames from some sort of danger. (can't remember the movie character names).
But the thing is that the scene still would have worked without the dick-sucking bit. I dunno, just seemed like a really weird thing to focus on for like 15 whole minutes. Let's pause the entire plot to listen to Samuel L. Jackson brag about making another man service his junk.

I mean, everyone knows that Tarantino is a pervert, but damn

As with Pulp Fiction, the idea is that it has to be something worse than just murder to really drive the matter home (to say nothing of the racial dynamic of a black ex-Union soldier telling this story to a white ex-Confederate general or the implication that SLJ's character is making the whole thing up anyway).

I’ve seen Pulp Fiction a million times. Tarantino made nothing better except for Reservoir Dogs.
Yeah, but that is a really low bar.

I thought it was necessary to illustrate the absurdity of not just calling Natural Born Killers a better film than Pulp Fiction but also daring to call Pulp Fiction the Justin Bieber of movies.
You call it absurdity; I call it self-evident. It is all a matter of taste (but you are wrong).

It was exploitive and shocking. Came out of nowhere which i think was the point aside from what others said regarding Willis saving Marcellus.

You call it absurdity; I call it self-evident. It is all a matter of taste (but you are wrong).
Everyone, this is your brain on not liking Pulp Fiction.

As far as the rape goes, in Pulp Fiction if Quentin decided to do a heterosexual rape and Marcellus was a woman character being raped, or Marcellus was captured and being raped by a woman, would people have reacted any differently to it, compared to being male on male?