Silicon Valley

Tools    

Didn't see a thread for this so I thought I'd start

The new season started yesterday. What did everyone think? I thought it was a good premiere episode. It's great to see Russ Hanneman again

Originally Posted by Iroquois
To be fair, you have to have a fairly high IQ to understand MovieForums.com.

One of the better shows on TV. Just the right mix of silly and clever. And just putting the funniness aside, they've done a remarkable job of keeping the show feeling the same without being static. Lots of plot momentum, but without altering the core of the show. The main characters are somehow always bumbling, but rarely stupid, and always moving forward without changing too much. Really deft balance.

It's really incisive in its take downs of the TED-Talk Techno-Messiah stuff. Judge was really ahead of the curve here, as this stuff was just becoming ripe for satire when this show started.

Should really get back to this, i stopped near the end of Season 2 for reasons i don't remember and haven't been back since. Season 1 was great and i was enjoying Season 2 even though i don't remember much of it. All i remember was that guy Russ taking over Peters place after the actor and by extension the characters death and Big Head hilariously being in a sort of limbo where he was with a company that paid him but they didn't actually want him so he just kind of hung out on the roof with the other unwanted employees . Was the episode where Gilfoyle convinces Ginesh that his girlfriend wants to have sex with him in Season 2? Yeah, i'm going to catch up with this soon, i liked it alot.

and Big Head hilariously being in a sort of limbo where he was with a company that paid him but they didn't actually want him so he just kind of hung out on the roof with the other unwanted employees
Big Head's still around in season four, and he's routinely one of the funniest parts of the show. They've just got him Gumping his way through everything and it's tremendous.

“Sugar is the most important thing in my life…”
I think I stopped after S2. Looking forward to depressionbinge watching the other seasons.

Big Head's still around in season four, and he's routinely one of the funniest parts of the show. They've just got him Gumping his way through everything and it's tremendous.
Yeah, thanks to him the Chinese guy, whose name I've forgotten, now has extra space in the crisper!

LOL. Now he's a professor at Stanford!

Hellloooo Cindy - Scary Movie (2000)
Started watching this show. Three eps in. Pleasant and humorous..,hasn’t been hysterical yet but I’m intrigued by the storyline. Not really qualified to give this comparison because I’ve never seen the Big Bang theory but I’d imagine it’s like a R rated Big Bang with an actual direction and actually funny minus the canned laughter.

@Larry, it’s a very good show. Did not watch the most recent season as I have seen enough now, but enjoyed many episodes.

Hellloooo Cindy - Scary Movie (2000)
Finished season 1. This show is so much fun. The brunette assistant is also so so hot. Will be starting s2 tonight. I’ve been watching the likes of Westworld, deadwood, mad men...all very serious shows and although I think they are all amazing it’s nice to have a light hearted but quality series to watch.

This show is so, so good. I've liked it the whole time, but I actually like it more as it goes on. I think Seasons 3 and 4 were better than 1 and 2, and the current season is maybe just a smidge below.

It's such a great mix of clever plot development (finding ways to keep challenges coming in interesting ways while still having a feeling of overall progression) and just flat-out funny stuff, nearly all of it situational and character-based. It's always been good, but sometime in the last year or two I noticed I was looking forward to Silicon Valley almost as much as anything else.

And man oh man, was this show well-timed. When it started it was on the vanguard of the whole "these tech guys seem to have an inflated view of what they're doing" stuff, and now that observation is almost banal.

"Have you considered manufacturing in America?"
"F**K YOU."

I immediately rewound to listen to that again. So good.

This show gets so much comedic mileage out of all the time it's spent developing its characters.