Television Tab

Tools    

Watched the second episode of the Cunk on Britain 'documentary' series, never watched this character before in any of the previous programmes she has appeared in so I'm new to Philomena Cunk. So far I haven't been able to stop laughing, mostly because of her malapropisms because I do that quite a lot when I speak.

I've not watched either episode. I liked the little bits on other programmes, but much like Ali G and others of this ilk, I don't like it when it becomes a 30 minute+ vehicle. I suppose I should at least give it an episode, but I'm not liking its chances. In small doses though I thought she was usually fantastic and I really like Diane as a comedienne.

After waiting 4 years for the season 2 dvd of this New Zealand show to be released, hugely disappointed that it’s so bad. Season 1 was totally brilliant. Perhaps if I had read the numerous bad reviews beforehand, I would not have wasted my money. What were Jane Campion & Elisabeth Moss thinking when they made this hot mess? Bailed out halfway through after episode 3 of 6.

_____ is the most important thing in my life…

Hap and Leonard (Sundance TV / Netflix)

I just watched the two seasons on Netflix and had a good time. The characters are great, the logic is sketch, but it is very pulpy. The only H&L book I read was Honkey Tonk Samurai, but this seems to be in the same vein. It really doesn't make sense at times, but I don't need that from everything. Kinda figured there would be more emphasis on the Nilla Wafers and Dr. Pepper.

Just finished the penultimate season, which will be it until next year when the final season will be released. First season to have 7 rather than 10 episodes & I liked it better. Ten episodes was always rather fatiguing & I could barely remember the plot points from start to finish in the season. The final season will have 6 episodes only.

Couple of brilliant plot twists at the end, one involving a dragon. Very clever.

The Crown season 1&2

Pretty compelling, but could be better.

Didn't bother with it when it was first shown on the BBC here in Britain but decided to give the first series a try and now wished I had followed it on television. Fantastic series, I knew I was going to love it as soon as I heard Red Right Hand.

Series 1 -

This might just do nobody any good.
I’m two seasons behind but i love Peaky Blinders myself.

Season 2 features Tom Hardy as a volatile Jewish gangster. It’s pretty great.

Didn't bother with it when it was first shown on the BBC here in Britain but decided to give the first series a try and now wished I had followed it on television. Fantastic series, I knew I was going to love it as soon as I heard Red Right Hand
Even though it’s set in my hometown, I intensely disliked this show from the get go.

It’s been quite a while so not sure I can remember. Did I think it more of a series for guys? Maybe I should have tried another episode, but I definitely remember a visceral dislike of the show.

^ I'm female and love it, and it's got quite a few strong female roles in it going by series 1. Definitely something for both genders anyway.

_____ is the most important thing in my life…
R.I.P. Ash vs. Evil Dead

I can't say I'm surprised. How many people have Starz in the first place, then how many watch this show? As much as I liked it, it is really repetitive. Looking forward to S3 popping on on Netflix whenever. Cancellations really don't mean what they use to, the way Netflix is throwing money around these days...

This might just do nobody any good.
It’s been quite a while so not sure I can remember. Did I think it more of a series for guys? Maybe I should have tried another episode, but I definitely remember a visceral dislike of the show.
Well, i can’t blame you there. It certainly leans in that direction. It has intentions of giving women more substantial roles but in the two seasons I’ve seen i didn’t think it was particularly successful. Polly can be kind of grating but not in a “i get why” kind of way as, say, Skyler from the first half of Breaking Bad. I also remember thinking it had some pacing issues. It spents a lot of time just sort of following Tommy walking around.

One more nitpick: everyone looking the same gives me a headache. There’s like 8 guys named Billy at any given time.

OK, what have I been watching. Pretty much the same stuff. Neighbours, Masterchef, Four In A Bed, Only Connect, The Goldbergs, Last Week Tonight, The Big Bang Theory, Young Sheldon, Gogglebox and HIGNFY.

I'm on the last episode of Save Me, which I've liked more than I thought I might. Mostly because it's not about a missing girl and, as expected, Suranne Jones, Stephen Graham, Lennie James are as good as always. The only reason I even bothered to watch this to be honest but I'm glad I did.

Up to episode 5 of season 3 of Gomorrah. Going great, as always, but I've not watched an episode for about a month now, so I should get back into that. Last episode of Pilgrimage: The Road To Santiago, which I'm only watching because I have a friend who did the walk last year and I thought it might be nice to see some of the places he walked. It's OK, but I wish there were less of some people. Well, most of them actually. Still going with Scandal but it's starting to feel run into the ground now. There have been times in previous seasons when it was so annoying that I thought about stopping watching it, but now it's just feeling tired. Last season of Episodes and I still really like this. The cast really feel like a unit now. Like a troupe.

A couple of episodes into season 3 of Billions. Still liking this. One more episode to go of The Making Of The Mob: Chicago, which has been ok. I find it interesting and it's something to watch. Lastly, series 2 of Occupied started last week and, while I haven't seen the first episode yet, I'm looking forward to that. More so as I didn't know there was another series and only happened upon it by chance.

One more nitpick: everyone looking the same gives me a headache. There’s like 8 guys named Billy at any given time.
I had the same problem just before I bailed out of Boardwalk Empire I watched it for a long time, but, eventually, all the characters started to merge & I couldn’t remember who they were.

@christine told me about this British 10-episode series. Never heard of Peter Kay, but I enjoyed this sweet comedy. Horrible music & most of the references went over my head because I’ve lived in America so long, but I enjoyed it. Thanks Christine.