nat's Movie Log

→ in
Tools    

This is where I'm going to store all my movies I watch. I'm no good at writing reviews but I might write a line or two.

What's the worst that could happen

I thought this movie was quite funny. Martin Lawrence and Danny devito are cool in this film.

One fact about this movie that no-one knew or a few of you did.

. This project was meant for Heath Ledger

The haunting in connecticut

This isn't the scariest movie I've seen. It has some real creepy scenes though.

One fact about this movie

. The movie is loosely based on the real life stories of Al and Carmen Snedeker who lived in a reportedly haunted former funeral parlor in Southington, Connecticut

Up

This film is sad and happy all at the same time. Probably the best pixar film.

One fact about this film

.First film to be nominated for Academy Awards for both Best Picture and Best Animated Feature.

Deathwatch

This was actually a really good ww1 film with a mix of horror aswell.

. Many of the most horrific images in the film were inspired by a book called 'The Covenant of War'.

Okay I've read a lot of threads on here and I've picked out things I haven't watched yet and I've started watching these slowly but I'll get through them. As of right now I'm watching things from the past hall of fames.

Enjoy.

On the waterfront

This film was nominated by Raul14 for the second hall of fame.

I think this film has great performances especially from Marlon Brando. It is amazingly directed. This is such a hidden gem and is mostly forgotten in this age.

. Marlon Brando's Oscar for Best Actor was either lost or stolen. The award did show up later when Brando was contacted by a London auction house, intending to sell the item

The apartment

This was nominated by Seanc on the 2nd hall of fame. I think this is a great thriller and Billy wilder did a fantastic job as director.

Billy Wilder and cinematographer Joseph LaShelle were occasionally at odds over the film's look. LaShelle, who had worked with directors who came primarily from television, wanted to use more close-ups, a shot Wilder preferred to avoid

Some like it hot

This was nominated by Raul14 for the 3rd hall of fame. This is Billy wilders best film. Marilyn Monroe and Jack Lemmon were good in this aswell.

According to Jack Lemmon, George Raft spent hours teaching him and Joe E. Brown how to tango

Mary and Max

This is a rewatch for me. I found this film still amazing at the beginning but it tends to be too slow near the end.

It took 2400 teaspoons of lubricant to create the ocean when Max imagines himself on a desert island

Tremors

This is a good horror B movie. Kevin Bacon is good in this. The picture quality in the desert really sets the movie up.

Principal photography took place in Lone Pine, California. The mountains in the distance are the Sierras. After filming was complete, the original set was completely torn down

The mist

I got this DVD for my birthday a couple of years back and have watched it loads since then. This is a good horror movie. It has suspense because you don't know when the monster will appear. I haven't seen the original version though so can't compare them.

Jeffrey DeMunn, Melissa McBride, Laurie Holden, Juan Gabriel Pareja, Cheri Dvorak, Sam Witwer, and Tiffany Morgan are all in The Walking Dead (2010), adapted to TV by Frank Darabont

On the waterfront

This film was nominated by Raul14 for the second hall of fame.

Glad you really liked On the Waterfront. I like that you mentioned the Hofs, nice touch It's actually been in 3 of them. The 2nd Hof, the 4th Hof and Best Picture Hof...but it never won yet

The apartment

This was nominated by Seanc on the 2nd hall of fame. I think this is a great thriller and Billy wilder did a fantastic job as director.
You're watching some great films! The Apartment won the 2nd Hof and was inducted into the Wall of Fame.

Some like it hot

This was nominated by Raul14 for the 3rd hall of fame. This is Billy wilders best film. Marilyn Monroe and Jack Lemmon were good in this as well.
What a funny movie, it'll put a smile on your face Glad you liked it.

Tremors

This is a good horror B movie. Kevin Bacon is good in this. The picture quality in the desert really sets the movie up.

Principal photography took place in Lone Pine, California. The mountains in the distance are the Sierras. After filming was complete, the original set was completely torn down

I liked the trivia facts that you include on your movies. It would be neat to see the set of Tremors, too bad it was tore down. It's a fun movie, I like it!

Keep up the good work, Nat

Tremors is such a riot. It was one of the first horror-comedies I've seen. I have the first four movies (bought a collection a couple of years before 5 came out). Apparently my dad who never saw them disapproved until I told him they were comedies. He was all, "Wha...?" Good ol' dad.

Tremors is such a riot. It was one of the first horror-comedies I've seen. I have the first four movies (bought a collection a couple of years before 5 came out). Apparently my dad who never saw them disapproved until I told him they were comedies. He was all, "Wha...?" Good ol' dad.
I've only seen the first tremors. I'm going to see if I can find the other three I think

Actually I've only seen the first one too. After watching the first, I had a feeling the other ones weren't really worth it. But since I'm trying to expand into the campy and cruddy, I'll probably give 'em a marathon treatment soon, including 5.

Road to perdition

This was properly the second film I saw with Tom Hanks in it. The atmosphere was tense. The acting was amazing and it's a gangster film that does it a while new way.

The lake house, in Michigan, was reconstructed from existing foundations, and then taken down after the shoot, to preserve the history of the site

Signs

This is an average movie. It's got a good tense atmosphere when the alien comes along. It's a good little thriller to watch when nothing else is on.

The film was shot on the property of an agricultural school, Delaware Valley College, where two areas of corn were already growing at different stages. The corn grown for the film was naturally further behind the other two areas of corn, so it was not a planned element

Kickass

I'm not a super fan of super hero movies but this one was different and good fun to watch. I enjoyed this film and Nicholas cage was decent aswell.

Mark Millar revealed Kick-Ass would not have existed if not for Glen Michael and his Cartoon Cavalcade television show