The Most Underrated, Unappreciated, Forgotten, and Misunderstood Films

Tools    

It has an 8 on imdb and is one of the highest ranking films on letterboxd.
This is more of an overlooked sci-fi film and I think it's a bit unappreciatedcin my opinion.

It has an 8 on imdb and is one of the highest ranking films on letterboxd.
This is more of an overlooked sci-fi film and I think it's a bit unappreciatedcin my opinion.
Nostalgia critic listed it as his favorite film ever, and its considered Gilliams best. I would agree it deserves to be more well known.

Nostalgia critic listed it as his favorite film ever, and its considered Gilliams best. I would agree it deserves to be more well known.
It is my favorite film ever. However, so many people have never even heard of it. I watch and like Nostalgia Critic and you should have heard me yelling "YES!!!" when I was watching his top eleven list of favorite movies and he got to number one. It was great to see this be somebody else's favorite movie as well.

It is my favorite film ever. However, so many people have never even heard of it. I watch and like Nostalgia Critic and you should have heard me yelling "YES!!!" when I was watching his top eleven list of favorite movies and he got to number one. It was great to see this be somebody else's favorite movie as well.
Honestly I learned about the movie from that vid lol! I think I saw it before i really got deep into films but it looked exactly to my taste andd it was actually even better than i expected.

Honestly I learned about the movie from that vid lol! I think I saw it before i really got deep into films but it looked exactly to my taste andd it was actually even better than i expected.
I hope that you saw the director's cut. It is the best.

When I was 17, living in Houston with my folks the summer before I went to college, Brazil was released. I wanted to see it because I really liked Terry Gilliam's film Time Bandits. I took several buses across Houston to see the movie at The Galleria. After watching it, I couldn't make heads or tails of it, so I went back and saw it again the following week. Upon the second viewing, it made a lot more sense to me. The movie was dark, disturbing, funny, interesting and amazing. It was unlike anything that I had ever seen before. It has been my favorite movie ever since. I have purchased the movie on VHS, Laser Disc, DVD, Blu-Ray and I will probably pick it up on 4K should it be released in that format. I just love it.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds

I feel like this William H. Macy directed film is underrated. It had a decent IMDB score, but next to no one I know has seen it, let alone heard of it. People will quickly point out how it might manipulate the viewer for some emotions. I disagree. I think it's a competent study in how people deal with tragedy. Starring Billy Crudup and the late Anton Yelchin, both give really good performances.

It's a love letter to music and it could easily fit in with any John Carney film. I downloaded the soundtrack as soon as the film was finished. The supporting cast has Lawrence Fishburn, Felicity Huffman, William H. Macy himself and Selena Gomez in a small role.

Go see this film. Let the music take over.

Suspect's Reviews

I feel like this William H. Macy directed film is underrated. It had a decent IMDB score, but next to no one I know has seen it, let alone heard of it. People will quickly point out how it might manipulate the viewer for some emotions. I disagree. I think it's a competent study in how people deal with tragedy. Starring Billy Crudup and the late Anton Yelchin, both give really good performances.

It's a love letter to music and it could easily fit in with any John Carney film. I downloaded the soundtrack as soon as the film was finished. The supporting cast has Lawrence Fishburn, Felicity Huffman, William H. Macy himself and Selena Gomez in a small role.

Go see this film. Let the music take over.
I've added it on my watch list only because it's got Lawrence fishburn in it. Selena Gomez I'm not a fan of but we will see.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
I've added it on my watch list only because it's got Lawrence fishburn in it. Selena Gomez I'm not a fan of but we will see.
He's a supporting character in the film with only a handful of scenes.

I hope that you saw the director's cut. It is the best.

When I was 17, living in Houston with my folks the summer before I went to college, Brazil was released. I wanted to see it because I really liked Terry Gilliam's film Time Bandits. I took several buses across Houston to see the movie at The Galleria. After watching it, I couldn't make heads or tails of it, so I went back and saw it again the following week. Upon the second viewing, it made a lot more sense to me. The movie was dark, disturbing, funny, interesting and amazing. It was unlike anything that I had ever seen before. It has been my favorite movie ever since. I have purchased the movie on VHS, Laser Disc, DVD, Blu-Ray and I will probably pick it up on 4K should it be released in that format. I just love it.
Yup it was the directors cut i saw I still need to see Time Bandits. I had an online friend who called that his favorite movie lol.

He's a supporting character in the film with only a handful of scenes.
Oh right. I'll still watch it either way.

Has anyone seen Ordinary People 1980. It won the academy award for best pic but I’ve never heard it mentioned nor have I seen it.
No I haven't seen or heard of it either. How strange.

Hellloooo Cindy - Scary Movie (2000)
Has anyone seen Ordinary People 1980. It won the academy award for best pic but I’ve never heard it mentioned nor have I seen it.
Fits the bill then....if it’s good...It’s on my watch list.

Fits the bill then....if it’s good...It’s on my watch list.
Alright. Let me know if any good when you watch it

I gave Ordinary People a
It's pretty special and well worthy of the Best Picture Oscar.
Wow citizen high praise. Ok now I'll add it on my watch list and see how it is.

I hope you like it. I just checked, and if you click on the Movies tab at top of page and type in Ordinary People, you'll see there's been 5 reviews from MoFo's. They range from 4's to 4.5 to a pair of 5's. Not to shabby

I hope you like it. I just checked, and if you click on the Movies tab at top of page and type in Ordinary People, you'll see there's been 5 reviews from MoFo's. They range from 4's to 4.5 to a pair of 5's. Not to shabby
Not too shabby indeed. Will go check those out. Oh have you seen a film called War (1994) I think. That is a film worth watching if you havent already.

Not too shabby indeed. Will go check those out. Oh have you seen a film called War (1994) I think. That is a film worth watching if you havent already.
I haven't heard of it, thanks for mentioning it.

I haven't heard of it, thanks for mentioning it.
No probs. Glad to be of service