Top 10 of the 2000s

Tools    

This is a good list, even though I don't agree with all of them (not a fan of The Departed).
Appreciate it! I definitely operate with a very heavy Scorsese/gangster movie bias.

Alright, let me take a stab. Top 10 best movies of the 00s. Bear in mind, these aren't all necessarily my FAVORITES (though a lot of them are). Just the films I objectively feel are the best of the decade:

1. There Will Be Blood
2. No Country for Old Men
3. The Wrestler
4. The Prestige
5. Donnie Darko
6. 25th Hour
7. A History of Violence
8. Children of Men
9. Zodiac
10. Eastern Promises

To me The Dark Knight has tocome at nb1

The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford (2007; Andrew Dominik)

There Will Be Blood (2007; Paul Thomas Anderson)

Children of Men (2006; Alfonso Cuaron)

A Serious Man (2009; Joel & Ethan Coen)

Inglourious Basterds (2009; Quentin Tarantino)

Zodiac (2007; David Fincher)

25th Hour (2002; Spike Lee)

Oldboy (2003; Park Chan-wook)

The Fountain (2006; Darren Aronofsky)

The New World (2005; Terrence Malick)
This is a very good list also.

Mine are as follows, in no particular order:

Pan's Labyrinth

There Will be Blood

Fantasia 2000

No Country for Old Men

Munich

The Descendants

Zodiac

in no chronological order

Swing Girls

The Taste of Tea

Still Walking

Yi Yi

Linda Linda Linda

Inglorious Basterd

Detroit Metal City

The Dark Knight + Batman Begin + The Prestige

This might just do nobody any good.

The Taste of Tea

Detroit Metal City
Watch-listed.

I don’t think any of us have chronologically ordered.

Also answers to Jabba
Mine are as follows, in no particular order:

Pan's Labyrinth

There Will be Blood

Fantasia 2000

No Country for Old Men

Munich

The Descendants

Zodiac
This top 10 is missing something... 3 more movies.

The Taste of Tea

Detroit Metal City
Watch-listed.

I don’t think any of us have chronologically ordered.
Just chit chat idek why i typed it
Hope you like them

Hellloooo Cindy - Scary Movie (2000)
This just barely misses my top 10, but am the only one who thinks that Gone Baby Gone ( 2007) is a great movie?
I’ve seen it once and loved it. Followed by the town, which I thought was a very good crime caper and Argo. Afflec is more than meets the eye. He just needs to shed the comic books roles and focus on film making.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
The Taste of Tea
Detroit Metal City
I'm afraid to get to know Japan from this side.
The Dark Knight + Batman Begin + The Prestige
Ugh, I expected better of you!

Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

Let me take a stab of this off the top of my head. Years 2000-2010 i hope...saw someone put some in the 2000 and teens.

Honorable mentions: 500 Days of Summer, Almost Famous, District 9, True Grit, Anchorman, Old School, SuperBad, Scott Pilgrim, Love and Basketball, Departed, Up, Wall-e, Ratatouille, Toy Story 2 and 3, The Hangover. Memento, Batman Begins, Iron Man, Meet The Parents, etc....

10.) Inception - This was is was like holy hell, Nolan may be the greatest director of our generation. That damn JGL upside damn scene. Jesus.

9.) Kiss Kiss Bang Bang - This movie is just insanely cool and quirky. It works on so many levels. Also the vehicle that brought Downey Jr back and probably scored him Tony Stark.

8.) Inglorious Bastards - It's hard to go against Pulp Fiction as Tartentino's best film, but this one may do it for me. Just him at his peak writing and the acting he gets out of everyone inovled is sublime.

7.) Pirates - This is one of the coolest action adventure flicks ever. Plus it introduces one of the coolest characters in cinema history in Jack Sparrow. It's a shame they have never been able to come closet with all the following sequels to the magic of this one.

6.) Dark Knight - If I did this list in 2008 when this came out it would have been number 1. Still amazing but my movie taste has refined since as I was young and as it's aged its slightly gone down to me. However, I saw it in theaters like 3 times. I remember when Ledger's Joker came on screen just being completely on the edge of my seat. Truly is one of the greatest performances in cinema history. Plus this pretty much announced Nolan as a blockbuster director and my favorite director going.

5.) Prestige - As I've gotten older this movie has become my favorite Nolan flick. I just think it's a cool slick movie. Beautiful writing and execution. I hope he tries his hand at something like this again. This is him at his peak IMO.

4.) Bourne Trilogy - I cheated. 3 movies. Bourne comes pretty damn close as being as iconic as Bond. Damon owns this role and I've never seen a trilogy be so cohesive and honestly get better and better with each movie. Unfortunately they have screwed the pooch on the two following moives. Had a chance to really have an American 007 type franchise. Keep tripping over themselves though.

3.) Collateral - This is my favorite Cruise movie. The story is cool. The acting is amazing. Direction is great. Cinematography is awesome. Soundtrack kicks ass. Not many bad things I can say about this movie.

2.) Catch Me If You Can - My favorite Spielberg and DiCaprio flick and thats saying something with their respective filmography. It's so quoteable and such a crazy ass story it's hard to believe it's true. DiCaprio should have won an Oscar for this. Hanks is equally as impressive.

1.) O'Brother Where Art Thou - This is in my top 5 movies of all time. I remember I first saw it with my family in Tennessee. I was like 12 or 13. Didn't really care for it. Saw it again a couple years later. Fell in love. It just engulfs you in the atmosphere. The Cinematography is breathtaking. The acting is stupid good. This is part of Clooney's trifecta for me (Out Of Sight and Up In The Air). I think other actors are more talented than Clooney but I feel like he just picks great movies to be in. This is also one of my most quoteable movies. I can damn near quote the whole thing. "I am a Dapper Dan man",
"Well isn't this just a geographical oydessy? Two weeks away from everywhere"
"Damn we in a tight spot"
"This boys ain't white, These boys ain't white, hell they aint even Old-Timey"
"He is bonafide, What are you?"
"Whoa, whoa, whoa....you can't curse at my fiance" ........"Well you can't marry my wife!"
I could keep going but I'm tired.

Anyways those are my favorites. Good decade. ;-)

101 Favorite Movies (2019)

Hmmm.... My best movies of the decade 2000-2009 (the 2000's):

10. Team America: World Police (2004)

9. Unbreakable (2000)

8. Ratatouille (2007)

7. The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy (2005)

6. Moulin Rouge (2001)

5. The Dark Knight (2008)

4. The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus (2009)

3. Children of Men (2006)

2. Night Watch (2204) / Day Watch (2006)

1. The Lord of the Rings Trilogy (2001-2003)

Your mileage may vary.

Gladiator
Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon
Final Destination
Oldboy
WALL-E
The Dark Knight
Pirates Of The Caribbean: The Curse Of The Black Pearl
The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King
Finding Nemo
School of Rock
The Last Samurai