I didn't understand the plot to The Boy Next Door (2015)

Tools    

Movie Forums Squirrel Jumper
Basically I didn't understand why the main character kept making her situation worse for herself, and she never calls the police or anything.

SPOILERS

Like when the school principle said that he got her email on wanting a new student to join her class, and that she highly recommends him, she didn't send this email to the principle at all, and she realizes that her computer must have been hacked and that someone else made that email and sent it to the principle.

But instead of just tell the principle that someone must have hacked into her email and send that email to him, she just lies and said she sent the email and wants the student. Why? Doesn't this sound enough alarm bells that she should just tell the truth, and that she never sent any email and someone must have gotten her email address, or hacked her email?

So after accepting the student the student then seduces her, she goes for it, but then realizes it was a mistake, and doesn't want to continue it further, so the student starts stalking her, trying to blackmail her, etc.

But she never calls the police at all. She says that she can't cause her kids will be taken away, but isn't she being pretty dramatic about this?? I mean she would be fired, but it's still better to get the police involved and risk the job, to get a psycho off your back isn't it?

And the student tries to rape her in the bathroom at the school and she escapes. She later goes to his house, goes inside his house to confront him about it. But wouldn't the attempted rape be enough to scare her to not going to his house to confront him about it?

Also the student sabotages the car of her husband that she is separated from. The husband drives his car to school to pick up their son, and he lets him drive the car, after picking him up. But then he cannot stop the car cause it has no breaks and no clutch.

But how come the husband, didn't notice this on the way to the school? You go to school by car, to pick up your son, and only after he starts driving it, that you notice that the breaks and the clutch were not in operation at all?

But again none of this would have happened if she just would have said she sent no such email in the first place. And even after that she still never calls the cops no matter how bad the situation gets.

Did I miss something, or does this movie not make the most sense?

I haven't seen it but it looks terrible. I don't think it warrants any understanding.

Originally Posted by Iroquois
To be fair, you have to have a fairly high IQ to understand MovieForums.com.

This might just do nobody any good.
Is this the lowest the pantheon of movies Ironpony doesn’t understand has gone?

He also recently made a thread saying he didn't understand the Dexter finale.

Movie Forums Squirrel Jumper
Well if I don't understand a movie, I just like to ask, that's all.

I didn't understand Roger Rabbit... are the cartoons supposed to be like people or something?