I didn't understand the final episode of Dexter.

Tools    

Movie Forums Squirrel Jumper
Not sure if we are suppose to discuss TV shows, compared to movies, but I thought I would try.

SPOILERS

Okay I just finished the series, with the final episode, but I don't understand the ending, so help me out. Dexter feels he is a danger to everyone around him so he kills himself, which makes sense in his own way. But then it turns out that he's not really dead and that he faked his death.

But what's the point of faking his death, if he feels he is a danger to everyone? Him being alive still is the same thing. He might as well continue working for Miami Metro Police, in that case, since either way, he is still alive?

So what's the difference of getting a new identity and a new job, and making everyone believe you are dead?

I think it was that dying was too easy, and he wanted to punish himself by cutting himself off from everyone and everything, even his own identity.
But really it was just that the network didn't want him dead in case there was a movie.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Not sure if we are suppose to discuss TV shows, compared to movies, but I thought I would try.

Well you are in a subforum for tv and music so I'mpretty sure that's OK, pony. Infact I would bet money on it. 10 bucks says you are allowed!

No one understood the final episode because the show went to sht in a handbag. Dont worry about it. Just enjoy it for the crap fest it turned out to be. Its far better that way. As a matter of fact I made a hipster beard, bought a lumberjack shirt and took to my tv screen with a chainsaw during the finale. Twas great fun.

Edit to add I didnt realise Yods had moved it here from another subforum, and to say hellz yeah, Pony, if you watch tv shows as well you can start threads in here about them.

Back to Dexter, what Yam below me said!