Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

Tokyo Idols (2017) -

"On all essential problems (I mean thereby those that run the risk of leading to death or those that intensify the passion of living) there are probably but two methods of thought: the method of La Palisse and the method of Don Quixote" - albert camus
did japan embraced both to whole new level? This documenter show from the later perspective

Eventhou' it provide very good insight of the world idols, especially underground scene. one worth to appreciate for. But these quiet confirmatory bias actually provide by the filmaker, one western sjw and feminazi would say either "disgusting" or "creepy" . While i wont totally disagree with those, contemporary Idol culture in general indeed one of reflection of japan society's problems, said it in plural, whether in realities it affect in negative or positive outcome

So while it seems borderline hebephilia(let alone pedo never adress corectly) it never that simple accusation. Those middle age while living in fantasy has their own struglle and anxiety, it varies. there were also ladies and male youngster among audiences concert, for example, why dont give the mic to them. There is much bias for just juxtaposed perspective.

Also what lack is the perspectives of ex suicidal, depressed, real life outcast turn idols that actually,the underground and DIY scene should have lot of those poor souls. Probably i demanding too much tho'

I would like if there next topic in the future, deeper into exploitation in AV bussiness, call girl, hostesses, or even dark teritory like women traficking, further empashized the real mundane and frustate patriarch society been fodder by exploited the counterpart

I'd like to tick her bo...ah...ah...maybe I'd better stop there.
Let's just say we like her .

Amores Perros (2000)

I had this on my watchlist and finally watched it for the movie tournament. The funny thing is that I had the wrong movie on my watchlist. I kept thinking where is Javier Bardem, and I realized after that the movie I wanted to see was Biutiful. I noticed it was the same director and I don't think that's a coincidence. I remember stopping by at a friend's house, seeing Bardem on the TV, and thinking the movie looked good. My guess is that I googled Bardem, Amores Perros showed up by association, and I assumed it was the movie I was looking for. Anyway, this was pretty great. Three separate stories with the different parties connected by a car accident. This is a movie that bursts off the screen. It grabbed my attention immediately and never let go. The middle act was average for me or else this would have been a new significant favorite. There's a lot of brutal misery here and it was fun to watch.

Constantine (2005)

I was never interested in this but always knew it had a lot of fans. I finally decided to try it for the movie tournament. Quite simply, it's not my kind of movie. It was also the first time I didn't like Keanu Reeves.

Horse in Motion (1878)

The worst movie I've ever seen in my life. I think it's a metaphore for a complete waste of time. Don't go see it. There is no plot, barely anything that could be considered acting, and it's so short that if you're barely late you may as well not bother going at all. I literally ate two pieces of popcorn and the credits rolled. Yoda makes it sound so sophisticated in the movie of the month thread I think nostalgia is rotting his brain. It was so bad it made The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly look good.

Pacific Rim Uprising: 3/5

Thing turn a bit baffled me when it reach pivotal moment, tho' the motive become clear... rewatch needed. but before settle it with

The 39 Steps (1935, Alfred Hitchcock)

Charming, entertaining early Hitchcock. Great ending.

War Horse (2011

)

I wanted to like this a bit more than I did. That said, a sturdy tale with the sadness and futility of the 1st World War. All the actors did great performances, yet it still left me....distant? Seems like a peevish thing to say considering the subject matter but its 5/10 for me.

This might just do nobody any good.

After a technically masterful and felicitous trilogy on integrity in American institutions, Spielbergo needed to get some box office clout back. The result: a sort of live-action version of The LEGO Movie that’s nowhere near as effective or memorable.

Next up: Indiana Jones 5.

Horse in Motion (1878)

The worst movie I've ever seen in my life. I think it's a metaphore for a complete waste of time. Don't go see it. There is no plot, barely anything that could be considered acting, and it's so short that if you're barely late you may as well not bother going at all. I literally ate two pieces of popcorn and the credits rolled. Yoda makes it sound so sophisticated in the movie of the month thread I think nostalgia is rotting his brain. It was so bad it made The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly look good.

You are Udo Kier and I claim my £5

You can't win an argument just by being right!
All the money in the world. Wow. Havent finished yet because i fell asleep but what an amazingmovie.

War Horse (2011

)

I wanted to like this a bit more than I did. That said, a sturdy tale with the sadness and futility of the 1st World War. All the actors did great performances, yet it still left me....distant? Seems like a peevish thing to say considering the subject matter but its 5/10 for me.
Yeah, same for me, Marco!

Damn! Talk about a sleeper gem. This was one terrific neo-noir thriller!

8.5/10
Holy sht I want to see this. Really see it.

Vantage Point (Pete Travis, 2008)
+
No real need for a great view imo

Yeah, same for me, Marco!
Probably just my view Dani8 but I wanted more "chutspah" and characterisation. That said, a perfectly fine watch. I'm a better reviewer of films after I have 5 Kronenbourg inside me