Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

I was very disappointed that her name didn't mean an actual lady bird as they are known here in Britain

but in fact an actual bird that's a lady! tut tut.

That must've been Charade (1963)

Had a real good balance of Romance , Tension , Comedy and Adventure . I loved it
As they say : Best Hitchcock movie that Hitchcock never made

I rate it 9/10

Have you seen The Room?

Also where in Scotland are you from, saw you mention that the other day. I'm from Glasgow.
Saw it once Camo, pitiful! I'm from the Dear Green Place too....Northside

movies can be okay...
Hmmm, i thought the comedic aspects were really leaden and unsubtle. Mugging for muggings sake.
I don't disagree. But I also don't think that holds down the movie in any way (at least for me). It did its job, I'm content with it, and I'm never gonna see it again.
"A film has to be a dialogue, not a monologue — a dialogue to provoke in the viewer his own thoughts, his own feelings. And if a film is a dialogue, then it’s a good film; if it’s not a dialogue, it’s a bad film."
- Michael "Gloomy Old Fart" Haneke

I don't disagree. But I also don't think that holds down the movie in any way (at least for me). It did its job, I'm content with it, and I'm never gonna see it again.
Are there any comedies you want to watch again for the films humour?

Southside .

That makes three of us then, there's also JayDee
Nice one Only think I know about the Sou'side is I used to work in the Tramway Theatre yonks ago lol!

movies can be okay...
Yikes! I just checked all of the comedies I've seen according to letterboxd (not that many, since the genre was never appealing to me), and I can only confidently come up with these:
- In Bruges (will never get old for me)
- A Serious Man (my favourite Coens film)
- Black Dynamite (who the hell is interrupting my Kungfu!)
- A Town Called Panic (lovely film)
- Hausu (crazy, crazy, crazy...)
- Tangerine (maybe)

Do you have any recommendations for me? I'm desperate haha

I watched most of Zombieland again last night and I love that script. This time I noticed the throwaway line "It doesn't seem to end" when they're in Bill Murray's mansion. Not enough that it's a mansion, they had to really hammer home just how successful Bill was .

Do you have any recommendations for me? I'm desperate haha
Not really. I think you'd hate most of my favourite comedies coz they aren't beautiful or well acted or whatever, maybe i would if i saw them now but i'm happy i saw them when i had lower standards coz they're great.

This might just do nobody any good.

Holy ****, I don’t know what the hell happened. I can generally sit through this type generic crap and find something I enjoy in it, and I’ve seen this one a few times before but i simply could not this go around. Who the hell shot this? Who came up with the color scheme? It’s a an eye sore. Whedon’s tropes are grating here, Ultron is such a none entity and, boy, did they do Black Widow a huge disservice with her “storyline”. The Hawkeye farm stuff feels like it started out as an SNL skit. I also don’t know what Elizabeth Olsen and whatshisname playing Quicksilver are doing with the accents but it’s up there in the list of worst affectations the franchise has had.

Awakenings (1990)

I watched this movie for the female director's countdown. Despite it's reputation, and with Robert De Niro and Robin Williams in the leads, I was never all that interested in seeing it before. I love movies with serial killers, rapists, and child molesters, but make a movie about illness and I have a hard time watching. It became apparent early on that this would mostly be a feel good movie, definitely what I wanted. I know it's based on a true story, but I wondered exactly how accurate it was. There were a few moments when I didn't find it completely believable. That's ok though. It's hard for someone who cares about life and people not to get involved with the story. There were some weepy eyes from time to time and I'm glad I watched it.

Murder On The Orient Express

Firstly I refuse to accept anybody other than David Suchet as the pointy mustached Frenchman ... but this look nice and had a great cast.. however boredom ensued until the very end when you find out the reveal and that was actually quite shocking to me.. and it was beautifully done with lovely music but I'd almost lost complete interest by this point and I have no idea how Poirot figured it all out... I honestly might as well skipped the first hour and twenty.. it was just people on a train, thats all I can tell you.

You mean me? Kei's cousin?

There's actually a funny story about this one. Well, back in 2010 (back when I was an 11-year-old who had just seen Blade Runner for the first time and desperately wanted to see Akira after seeing the BRMovie website recommend it on their list of related movies -it was actually the only one that caught my interest-, having also gotten deep into the BlueBlade Akira website, as chance would have it), my parents and I were at a family's house back in Martinez, Georgia. It was a young husband and wife with their three small sons and it just so happened that the wife, Akari, was Japanese and she'd brought her entire Miyazaki DVD collection from Japan. And she put her DVD of Castle in the Sky on. When I noted that it began with people shooting at each other, Akari quickly said, "But it's a cartoon." I didn't really follow it past the first few minutes and we ended up going home soon but looking back on it, I can't help but get a kick out of that now with how a lot of western anime fans - and I wasn't aware of this at the time - are so quick to scream at the top of their lungs, "It's not a cartoon! It's an anime!" and here was a Japanese woman from Japan calling it a cartoon. I guess I shouldn't be surprised considering that all animation is "anime" to them and that "cartoon" and "anime" are essentially one and the same to them but I still think it's funny people get bent outta shape over that. Anyway, enough about that. It was great. It does everything right. The music score. The Raiders-esque - between this and Nausicaä, I'm definitely thinking Miyazaki saw Raiders and I mean that in the best way possible - sense of adventure. As with Nausicaä, I thought Disney's dub was a lot better than many give it credit for. Paquin (loved her in Fly Away Home) and Van Der Beek were excellent as Sheeta and Pazu (it's been said that they sound too old for age 12, but since I acquired a naturally deep voice at that age and people thought I was Dad when I answered the phone, it's not hard for me to find their voices credible), as was Leachman as Dola, and Hamill was a frickin' hoot as the villain, Muska. I, and I'm sure quite a few others here, grew up with Batman and Batman: The Animated Series was no exception. I watched that show (and Mask of the Phantasm) countless times on DVD as a kid and I probably know it front to back. And well, Hamill was just as much Joker to me growing up as Nicholson was Joker and just as much Joker as he was Luke Skywalker. So it was like revisiting an old friend hearing him use the exact same voice he used for Joker, but calmer, and yes when he finally did the laugh. Hamill really picked the right voice for Muska, because he really is that kind of Joker-type gleefully evil character you love to hate. I was initially just a little disappointed to not have the original Streamline dub for completion's sake, and to hear how Lara Cody and Barbara Goodson did Sheeta and Pazu, but Disney's was so good that I forgot all about it. It's also remarkably well-paced, the story never misses a beat, and I'd gotten so caught up in it that I wasn't even fully aware that 124 minutes had passed until I looked at the time. It's also as fun, exciting and emotionally satisfying, and as good overall, as a movie, animated or live-action, can get and I'll definitely be watching it (as well as Nausicaä, obviously) many more times in the future. And Mom liked it, (for those who followed my last couple posts in this thread, she also enjoyed all of the Evangelion she saw, which consists of the three rebuild movies and the first 11 episodes of the original show) too, so without going into a certain saying (you know the one), that's always good and I'll see you guys later.

What a wild ride from start to finish. Robert Pattinson was actually amazing in this! I didn't really know anything about the guy and his movies besides Twilight (which you know...), and boy was that a shocking solid performance. Beyond just him though, there were no weak links that I can think of, everyone was also great even minor roles. I think everything in this movie was super solid, up until the last 15ish minutes. I like the actual ending 5 minutes, but the scenes before that were not as great to me as the rest of the film. That might just be something I feel different about on another rewatch.