Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

I also watched the docuseries, The Golden State Killer: It's Not Over, on the Investigation Discovery channel. Wow, talk about a criminal who needs to get caught. For those who like true crime shows, I would highly recommend this.
Listened to a podcast about that guy, horrifying. Have never heard him called The Golden State Killer had to google that, it's usually The Original Night Stalker and was originally the East Area Rapist before they figured out they were the same guy. Also he might be the Visalia Ransacker as well. Nuts.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Something else I'm not normally interested in, which is the political side.
Politics is the fastest aging part of films. Oftentimes already obsolete a dozen years after its premiere, and only some of it stays interesting due to historical context. Depending on how you define politics, there is some in Olympia, and some more in Triumph of the Will, but Leni never was a dialectic filmmaker. She liked to turn a documentary into a pean. In Olympia - to human body, physical strength, in Triumph of the Will - to the Führer, the cult of strength.
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

Watched an Indian movie ---- CHEF.

The movie was totally slow boring and no climax to get started ---- a total waste.

Written and directed by the writer of Sicario and Hell or High Water, Jeremy Renner and Elizabeth Olson star as a Fish and Game tracker and FBI agent looking into the rape and potential murder of a young Native American woman found in the the middle of nowhere Wyoming. Based on a true story, all the events occur on a Reservation where the legal reach of govt. is limited. Not as good as Sicario or Hell and High Water but a very good effort. I really liked the ending.

Not bad but not fantastic. About the disastrous 1996 trek up the mountain that claimed 8 lives. I probably would have liked it more had I not just finished reading Into Thin Air which is a firsthand account of the same expedition. Too much happened on that expedition to fit into a 2 hour movie and it felt that way.

_____ is the most important thing in my life…

Still waiting for that Montez cameo...

Lady Bird (2017)

The Johnson version was better.

[Abacus: Small Enough to Jail]

Great documentary.
This is one of those documentaries whose title makes it sound a little stuffy. But it is a compelling first rate film by one of our finest documentarians, Steve James (Hoop Dreams, Head Games).

The small Abacus bank was targeted for scape-goating as the result of the 2008 subprime mortgage crisis. For a dry subject, the viewer soon gets involved in the suspense, as well as the tribulations of the subject family.

A reviewer for Roger Ebert pointed out that James has the "knack for finding the universal within the specific, and often a much larger and more complex story nestled within a specific account of one event". That is very true in "Abacus" as the American banking cartel, along with the K Street/Wall Street collusion is laid open.

A very absorbing experience.

~Doc

Paddington 2 (2017)

Just blimming brilliant. 9/10.

The Greatest Showman (2017)

I can understand the criticism of this film, the paper thin dialogue for a start. The songs are repetitive and one-paced (Adele-lite tbh). Hugh Jackman was terrific however and I give it a 6/10 for that alone.

The Disaster Artist 4/10
Don't get the love for this at all, and I like James Franco. A mess.

movies can be okay...
Don't get the love for this at all, and I like James Franco. A mess.
The comedic aspect of it is where it shines. But if your sense of humour doesn't match with the one the movie satisfies, then there really isn't anything to like about it.
"A film has to be a dialogue, not a monologue — a dialogue to provoke in the viewer his own thoughts, his own feelings. And if a film is a dialogue, then it’s a good film; if it’s not a dialogue, it’s a bad film."
- Michael "Gloomy Old Fart" Haneke

The comedic aspect of it is where it shines. But if your sense of humour doesn't match with the one the movie satisfies, then there really isn't anything to like about it.
Hmmm, i thought the comedic aspects were really leaden and unsubtle. Mugging for muggings sake.

JFK (1991)

''One may smile and smile and be a villain.''

Hmmm, i thought the comedic aspects were really leaden and unsubtle. Mugging for muggings sake.
Have you seen The Room?

Also where in Scotland are you from, saw you mention that the other day. I'm from Glasgow.

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
Pacific Rim: Uprising (2018)

For all its lack of depth, I sort of liked Pacific Rim. This sequel is not a great movie, but for what it is, it's not bad. As long as you accept that what it is is a kids movie about teens piloting giant robots and occasionally battling giant sea monsters, it's perfectly entertaining.

(9-year-old's rating
)

Heathers (1988)

I'm always the red ball.