TYTD/Red Triangle Reviews

→ in
Tools    

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Hey Happy New year. Nice plug, champ

WE GOT MOVIE SIGN!!!
Wow, perfect timing! I just noticed this review first thing.

And just watched it. Wow.

I've been waiting to hear an intelligent review of this film, and yours nearly brought tears to my eyes. It's almost never that anyone reacts as positively to a recommendation of mine, and I hold this film in such a high regard that I was relieved and very interested in your thoughts once it became clear you were invested into the film!

Very excellent review, sir!

BTW, I keep blowing up Verboeden Video's FB page to see if they are coming any closer to a release, and the last time was about 2 weeks ago. I was told the distributor is dragging their feet but the VV operations manager seems to be as anxious as the film's fans are so..here's hoping to a speedy delivery.

And another quick FYI, funnily enough, the aspect ratio is 4:3. That wasn't just the vhs/dvd thing. I guess Shaw knew it was going straight to video after a brief theatrical run? Interesting.

Anyway, great review! Really...makes me want to watch the movie all over again to pick up on your observations which I hadn't noticed, such as; Starker imagining the thought police. Never even occurred to me!

Man reading this post this morning bought a massive smile to my face thank you fo much for your very very kind comments It was one of the strangest films I've ever sat through and I absolutley loved it. I really cant thank you enough for punting it in my direction and Im really glad you liked it

I spoke to Chris Shaw quite recently about Split and he mentioned that the distributors are "just about to release it" so I would assume its going to be fairly Imminent (He also copied into our email discussion a member of the distribution team so that I could get a hold of a direct link to the order page for my youtube channels description, though I'll post that link here as well as soon as I recieve it)

Again though man; thank you so much for pointing me to this one and if you have any other reccommendations I'd be more than happy to look them up

WE GOT MOVIE SIGN!!!
Wow! This review was great! I'd always lumped this cover art in with Silent Night, Deadly Night, or, just another wretched Christmas slasher film that probably sucks all the joy out of Christmas. I have a friend who despises the idea of evil and Christmas in the same movie, but then again, he's a fan of Lethal Weapon and Die Hard so,...maybe I outta spring this on him? I'm going to go check for a blu ray copy and see if I can't convince him to spin this next Christmas when we get together for our Holiday movie-thon. Thanks!

Oh of all the christmas slashers I've seen this ones easily the most subtle of the lot there are a few slashery moments in there but I dont think the body count goes about 4 through the whole movie...it's quite a bit more psychological in how it goes about things and because its all set from Harrys perspective the directions all geared towards making you feel like his actions are justifyable rather than evil...its odd because it actually has quite a few feel good'ish moments. in it it's definately one of the good ones

WE GOT MOVIE SIGN!!!
Hi again all! This week! we look at an aspiring Giallo movie I stumbled upon recently Could it be a classic in the making!? all those answers and more can be found below!:

Also!; Im not really one for self promotion but very recently I started up a facebook page to work in line with my youtube channel; on there, you'll find my latest reviews, discussions, all things schlock worthy going on in the world and im really hoping I can make it into something special

If you could hop over there, chuck me a like or just stick your head in and say "Hi!" I'd be very grateful
You can find it below:
https://www.facebook.com/TYTDReview

WE GOT MOVIE SIGN!!!
BONUS!: While not strictly a review I thought I would share this here as it deals with the format that helped make half the bad movies you've seen as well known as they are, here's my 10 cents:

BONUS!: While not strictly a review I thought I would share this here as it deals with the format that helped make half the bad movies you've seen as well known as they are, here's my 10 cents:

This is a very important video and I am thankful that you've shared it!

I am a big champion of beta and vhs technology. I own a sony hlf3000 deck and a jvc shvs deck, both pristine. I also have a GE svhs camcorder and some maxell industrial blanks. I intend to shoot my next video on these formats for the reasons you mention. My entire history with film, at least prior to 2002, was in vhs and below. That's a huge section of my own experience. Your video took some words right out of my mouth. Thank you!

Such a cool production and tribute you've paid!

You'll be amongst the 1st viewers of anything I do with the format, and I hope you'll share more love for things in this realm, no matter what they may be.

WE GOT MOVIE SIGN!!!
This is a very important video and I am thankful that you've shared it!

I am a big champion of beta and vhs technology. I own a sony hlf3000 deck and a jvc shvs deck, both pristine. I also have a GE svhs camcorder and some maxell industrial blanks. I intend to shoot my next video on these formats for the reasons you mention. My entire history with film, at least prior to 2002, was in vhs and below. That's a huge section of my own experience. Your video took some words right out of my mouth. Thank you!

Such a cool production and tribute you've paid!

You'll be amongst the 1st viewers of anything I do with the format, and I hope you'll share more love for things in this realm, no matter what they may be.
Thanks man; I really appreciate such kind feedback your a gent and a scholar

And that sounds like a hell of a collection you've got there I'd sell my grandparents for an independent SVHS deck and some decent tape stock D:

The whole idea for this one started mid last week when I got into a slightly heated discussion with some work colleagues about why I personally felt that Tape was a format still worth exploring...I was amazed at how against the idea of even looking into it they were. it was like I'd just let a stink bomb off but it got the creative writing juices flowing and this was the result I think I'll always stand by the idea that format is probably as important a decision to a filmmaker when it comes to producing a film as direction, cine or whether to shoot in colour or not should be...

I also think there are times when I film can work for different reasons in two different formats...for example: "The Texas Chainsaw massacre" on VHS is this rough and ready gnarled piece of grindhouse that closely resembles a "Found footage" type of film but on Bluray its more of an artistic experience. You can be enveloped in the crisp sharp golden and orange sun baked cinematography and it kind of takes on a life of its own

If you do ever shoot anything on tape please do throw it my way I'd love to see it! I've planned to talk about a few more "Shot on video films" both next month (well...I say next month...early April xD ) and through the rest of the year I've also recently come into posession of a load of sell-thru VHS tapes so I'll be working my way through them both on and off the channel (I cant wait to crack open my copy of "I know what you did last summer" crack open a Zima and literally have one of the most 90's nights of my life) xD

Thanks again man

WE GOT MOVIE SIGN!!!
Well! this week I've been bedridden with flu! But it's okay! because I record a few of these at a time Im able today to show you something much much worse than flu! Enjoy!

This week a horror movie starring a film buff who slowly loses his mind...this sounds strangely familiar...
Very cool review as always brother! Tim Thomerson is in this? Had no idea! I've always confused this film with Magic for some reason. Anyway,..well done! Looking forward to much more!

It'd be great to see you with thousands of subscribers. You deserve a bigger audience. Maybe some google ponits or youtube advert deals would be a decent option?

PS - Thanks for the pulled pork FYI..haha

WE GOT MOVIE SIGN!!!
I gotta say, I think it's pretty cool that you review so many films nobody else (relatively speaking) is reviewing.

Hey thanks so much man I really appreciate it! I've always kind of had an interest in the kind of films most people wouldnt screen near an open flame xD I love picking apart why bad or forgotten films ended up being the way they did doing these reviews has certainly broadend my film watching Horizons (Hell Joel alone's pretty much hooked me up with at least 3-4 films at this point that I dont know how I lived without quite frankly xD) but Im always open to suggestions or reccommendations and always happy to chat film obscure or otherwise

Yeah, it's an under-served niche, given how much stuff is out there. It's increasingly useful to have people/reviewers deliberately looking for things that were overlooked, for those times when something interesting slips through the cracks.