Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

Here Comes The Summer: The Undertones Story (Chris Wilson, 2012)

Unique band - routine documentary

I think it's better than anything by Noe.
I got into the film, Noe is way more inventive, just my opinion.

I guess I have to give this one another chance because everyone seems to be positive on it, while I found it to be mediocre at best.
Probably not Usual, first time watching sheeat. I liked the performances (bar the wife).

Not a bad movie, better than ****ing Escape from Wherever Lacks some Lee Van Cleef, I'll give you that.

I guess I have to give this one another chance because everyone seems to be positive on it, while I found it to be mediocre at best.
I'm probably the biggest fan of the movie but yeah try another watch!

I was shocked and appalled at how terrible this film was. This really was a collection of all the horrible animated childrens tropes. Kate McKinnon managed to pull a reverse Ghostbusters and ended up the worst part of this movie.

Welcome to the human race...
Not a bad movie, better than ****ing Escape from Wherever Lacks some Lee Van Cleef, I'll give you that.
Even by the standard of historical revenge epics I'd rather re-watch Gladiator or Ben-Hur (and I'd say that, like Braveheart, those films kind of burn out after the two-hour mark anyway).

Evil Dead II: Dead by Dawn (1987) dir: Sam Raimi

saw this on video cassette way back in 1987 when it came out and was floored by it. Ever since I've been an avid fan. Something about this last time watching it though had me completely immersed. There wasn't that "lull" I'd always felt in the middle of it. It all played out incredibly. So much care went into it. So much humor and atmosphere and effect craft and camera work. The work of a true genius. Just an incredible movie on several levels. Probably in my top 10 starting right now.

Evil Dead II: Dead by Dawn (1987) dir: Sam Raimi

saw this on video cassette way back in 1987 when it came out and was floored by it. Ever since I've been an avid fan. Something about this last time watching it though had me completely immersed. There wasn't that "lull" I'd always felt in the middle of it. It all played out incredibly. So much care went into it. So much humor and atmosphere and effect craft and camera work. The work of a true genius. Just an incredible movie on several levels. Probably in my top 10 starting right now.
Groovy!

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Annihilation -

extremely my jam, maybe to a fault
Good to know. I'm umming and arring about seeing this tonight.

It was okay and enjoyable enough, but I have never really been into The Room (along with other "so bad it's good movies"), so the movie just ended up being a lot of cringe comedy (which I also don't love). Props to James Franco because that was a pretty solid performance.
5.5/10

I absolutely adored this film. Tim Burton has always had a place in my heart for some of his other films, but I never had heard of this before I saw people bringing it up when talking about The Disaster Artist. Even though the movie revolves around a similar premise of a director making a famous bad movie, I think there is a lot more love put into this film. Everything about Johnny Depp's depiction of Ed Wood was endearing as heck. This is a story that I think could have turned out to be just some kind of cringe fest with the people in it if handled any differently, but I love the care that was clearly put into turning these "misfits/weirdos" into characters with charm and heart that you want to root for.
8.75/10, would definitely love to watch this again sometime since I've always gotten more enjoyment out of Burton's movies with repeated viewings.

LOVE ACTUALLY

9/10 Enjoyed the theme song. Not enough comedy but enjoyed Bill Nighy character. What was the name of Liam Neeson s son he was so cute. I felt good after watching this. Love is all around us. Hugh Grant s dance was great.

what should we do with the drunken sailor?
Zanan-e bedun-e mardan (2009)

it is a very succesful Persian movie. It's english translation is "women without men" which is a very universal topic to think about it. Of course the movie aimed to show the situation in Persia which is probably more devastating than you have thought. The movie also reveals the period of Mohammad Mosaddegh and resistance against Britain in that time. For me, the art of cinema of today should show the people the cruel truth of life, the life which we are afraid to talk or think about. I want to believe that art can make a difference. Well i guess i got a little over passionate while writing this xD but anyway briefly, it is a good movie to get familiar with these political and social situation in Persia ) (8.0/10.0)

Desire (Frank Borzage, 1936)
+
Ms. Dietrich steals the show

Hot Pepper (John G. Blystone, 1933)

Somebody stole the final few minutes of the copy I watched, and for that I thank them

Rebel Without a Cause (1955, Nicholas Ray)

James Dean's idiosyncratically angular performance gives this film a certain angsty edge that I like but, despite some beautifully touching and genuine moments, overall it still leaves me underwhelmed. Good movie but overrated imo.

The Rover (2014)

Great little Aussie revenge/redemption thriller. Both Guy Pearce and Robert Pattinson act their parts wonderfully. I have to say, the use of low-key music in this is exceptional....it really keeps the story flowing. Strong 8/10.