Movies you couldn't even finish.

Tools    

This might come as a surprise, but one film I attempted to watch twice, but fell asleep through (twice) is...

I got through this one, but had a little trouble with Return of the Jedi.

Cannot get even halfway through Gangs of New York
Yes, I'm trying to watch every Oscar movie nominated or that has one Best Picture and if I can't get through it I read it on Wikipedia and that one I watched disc one but didn't retain any of it and still couldn't even tell you what it was about

Cannot get even halfway through Gangs of New York
Yes, I'm trying to watch every Oscar movie nominated or that has one Best Picture and if I can't get through it I read it on Wikipedia and that one I watched disc one but didn't retain any of it and still couldn't even tell you what it was about
I’ve seen Gangs of New York 5 times. I understand it might be hard to finish it because it’s a 3 hour movie and you might find it quite boring but I would give it a shot. I personally liked how this movie shows how New York City was “born”.

I forgot about Birdman. I haven't finished that either.

"Watch'you Talkin Bout Skywalker."
I still have trouble finishing Cool World. One of Brat Pitt's earlier movies that I even walked out of the theater in 92. Titanic is another one I cant keep my eyes open for either these days. Great movie but, once was enough.

I’ve seen Gangs of New York 5 times. I understand it might be hard to finish it because it’s a 3 hour movie and you might find it quite boring but I would give it a shot. I personally liked how this movie shows how New York City was “born”.

I forgot about Birdman. I haven't finished that either.
The length of the movie is irrelevant to me. If I like a movie, it could be 6 hours long for all I cared.

I finished Birdman, but could not understand the hype at all. Can barely remember a single scene.

"Watch'you Talkin Bout Skywalker."
The length of the movie is irrelevant to me. If I like a movie, it could be 6 hours long for all I cared.

I finished Birdman, but could not understand the hype at all. Can barely remember a single scene.
Hahaaa,.....Find myself nodding at both my friend.

Gangs of New York and Super Troopers....and I've tried a few times
That's funny because I consider Super Troopers as Broken Lizard's one-hit-wonder.
So I wonder how you'd fair trying to sit through any of their other movies! (I know there are some Beerfest fans here, but I have yet to find a Broken Lizard movie I didn't wish was over at the halfway point.)

Another credible accent (this time American) from Belgian actor Matthias Schoenaerts, but a very very silly movie. Ralph Fiennes must have been on crack since he over-acted so much. Bailed out PDQ.

This might just do nobody any good.
Is that A Bigger Splash (I can’t see the image)? I really liked it! I agree it’s sillier than I’d expected but that was a plus for me. I loved Fiennes in it. He’s quite intoxicating when he’s losing it to The Rolling Stones.

The Florida Project. Had to bail after about 30 minutes. Willem Dafoe did some nice work, but the story (if there was one) held no interest for me whatsoever.

~Doc

Into the Wild (2007)-ish (?)

Vince Vaughn shows up and everything loses credibility (and I LIKE Vince Vaughn!)

Didn't care if the trustafarian kid froze to death, TBH. Didn't I already write this exact comment like, a year ago? lol

Is that A Bigger Splash (I can’t see the image)? I really liked it! I agree it’s sillier than I’d expected but that was a plus for me. I loved Fiennes in it. He’s quite intoxicating when he’s losing it to The Rolling Stones.
There’s no accounting for taste.

That's funny because I consider Super Troopers as Broken Lizard's one-hit-wonder.
So I wonder how you'd fair trying to sit through any of their other movies! (I know there are some Beerfest fans here, but I have yet to find a Broken Lizard movie I didn't wish was over at the halfway point.)
I actually do like Beerfest and I'm into that humor, which is why I keep trying, but I can't pay attention to it it just doesn't hold me, I don't know

what should we do with the drunken sailor?
Beiqíng chéngshì ( a city of sadness) (1989)

-a movie of Taiwan First New wave

it is definitely a very confusing movie. Some parts are going so slow. and the "time" is going back and forward so ridiculously that i did not undrstand at all. if anyone who watchd and undrstanded. explain to me

Loving Vincent

I actually admired the film but I had to shut it off after 12 minutes as the animation style with the swirly lines always moving and changing in the background gave me a headache. Probably a good movie too, the premise seemed interest enough.

Foul Play - I generally like Goldie Hawn and looking at Gideon's Goldie thread inspired me to take a look at this movie. Goldie (still) had the winsome stage presence that makes watching her so appealing, but alas I could not make it even halfway thru the movie. Overly broad slapstick, too much smacking and chasing and punching ( is that supposed to be actually funny?) and even for a farce, the plot was unbelievable.
Big disappointment for me, but will try some other Goldie films in the future.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
"Far out." 4 stars for me but I've probably seen it 40 times since I repeatedly watched it on its initial release. You didn't happen to watch it edited on TV?

Why do I torture myself with never-ending Woody Allen movies? It’s literally decades since I’ve seen a decent movie from him.