Hello!

Tools    

Hey there, my name's D and I'm new to the forum
I've mostly joined because I have a deeply rooted need to discuss animated films and either stand up for movies that were received poorly, or explore what works and doesn't work in storytelling.

I respect all kinds of film and especially try to branch out of my family-friendly comfort zone, so please feel free to recommend any and all kinds of them! I'm a particular sucker for strong characters arcs or thick laden philosophy.

Alternatively, let's talk about a movie that sucks! It's always fun and I sometimes I take away a lot from bad flicks.

Thanks a lot for reading, I can't wait to start posting Add me if you're also into animation!

- D

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
Welcome aboard, oh bunny-eared one. BTW, totally loving that avatar pic.

"Ever try to forcibly pin down a house cat? It's not easy." - Captain Steel

"I just can't get pass sticking a finger up a dog's butt." - John Dumbear

Thanks, all!

Welcome aboard, oh bunny-eared one. BTW, totally loving that avatar pic.
Aaa thank you! I drew it a while ago and now everyone I know online associates me with the ears hahah.

Thanks, all!

Aaa thank you! I drew it a while ago and now everyone I know online associates me with the ears hahah.
Well, I think it's a great illustration then. Nice neutral colors, clean lines and good composition. Do you draw much? Did you draw your banner graphic?

Just took a quick look at your profile btw. Glad to see you have your top 10 up already. I think that took me a few months to even realize I had the option So I'm just going to press right in and put you on the spot! I loved both Little Shop of Horrors and Spirited Away. What put that as #1 for you? I mean that one kinda stands apart from others on your list.

Welcome to the forum!

I whole-heartedly approve of the inclusion of Army of Darkness in your top ten.

I'm a big fan of animation as well, though I'm sorry to say I'm not overly fond of the animated films in your profile. Have you watched any of Satoshi Kon's films? He only made four feature films, but all are excellent. If you like stop motion animation, I also highly recommend Mary and Max.

P.S. - Do you have aquariums? I assume your username is pronounced similarly to plecostomus.

You can't win an argument just by being right!

P.S. - Do you have aquariums? I assume your username is pronounced similarly to plecostomus.
Cute catfish.I used to have a few in my aquarium.

Hi andwelcome. Post-away.

Rock music and action movie obsessed guy,
Welcome. I am glad that u like Evil Dead, I do too, u seem like we would be great friends

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Your name's D, then? You're lucky, mate. Girls love the D!

Wilkommen!
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

Well, I think it's a great illustration then. Nice neutral colors, clean lines and good composition. Do you draw much? Did you draw your banner graphic?
I draw a LOT! I also did my banner graphic! I love drawing characters & I'm working on a comic with a group of writers
Just took a quick look at your profile btw. Glad to see you have your top 10 up already. I think that took me a few months to even realize I had the option So I'm just going to press right in and put you on the spot! I loved both Little Shop of Horrors and Spirited Away. What put that as #1 for you? I mean that one kinda stands apart from others on your list.
HOO boy! Spirited Away is very near and dear to my heart, so much so that I got a tattoo of it! (Nothing huge, just a little No Face ). I'm a sucker for the quiet "show-don't-tell" world building and huge 180° character arcs. Spirits and creatures are also a plus! As for Little Shop of Horrors, the INSANELY talented puppetry!! The catchy songs!! The kitschy settings and characters! It is.... a mastapeece

Welcome to the forum!

I whole-heartedly approve of the inclusion of Army of Darkness in your top ten.

I'm a big fan of animation as well, though I'm sorry to say I'm not overly fond of the animated films in your profile. Have you watched any of Satoshi Kon's films? He only made four feature films, but all are excellent. If you like stop motion animation, I also highly recommend Mary and Max.

Thank you! I LOVE Satoshi Kon!! Paprika is a movie that stuck with me, I still listen to the soundtrack today. Paranoia Agent and Tokyo Godfathers are also prime. Perfect Blue is one I have yet to pick up, but is often suggested to me!
I just looked up Mary and Max... it is definitely added to my list
Good eye for my SN! I don't have an aquarium at the moment, but I fell in love with the plecostomus. It's quiet, beautiful, a natural filter... and they get to be huge. Absolute favorite.

Your name's D, then? You're lucky, mate. Girls love the D!

Wilkommen!

Thank you all for the warm welcome! I feel like I'll get along just fine here

Thank you! I LOVE Satoshi Kon!! Paprika is a movie that stuck with me, I still listen to the soundtrack today. Paranoia Agent and Tokyo Godfathers are also prime. Perfect Blue is one I have yet to pick up, but is often suggested to me!
I just looked up Mary and Max... it is definitely added to my list
Good eye for my SN! I don't have an aquarium at the moment, but I fell in love with the plecostomus. It's quiet, beautiful, a natural filter... and they get to be huge. Absolute favorite.
I've not seen Paranoia Agent, but Tokyo Godfathers if my favorite Kon film, followed closely by Paprika. Perfect Blue is excellent and so is Millennium Actress. And absolutely check out Mary and Max. I fell instantly in love with it.

Plecos are beautiful, but they get far too large for my little tanks.

I see in your profile that you're in the North Bay. What city if you don't mind me asking? I'm in Vacaville myself.