Let's Face It

Tools    

Seems these unrelenting winters are a worldwide trend, Spooky. . And I m not even sure I want to trade these months of freezing ice, wind and cold for- Yikes! - 100 degree autumns.

Spring here may become as brief as a Twitter post.Crocus aren't even up yet. Maybe I ll see a daffodil in July. Sigh.

Back to the subject at hand, Bonito; I always seem to miss the 'obvious ones' - I have no clue. Is this person in theatre and movies?

Here's another shot of him, on the left, with two (British) actors who were starring in one of his plays.
Clue: he was played in a biopic by an actor who has also played a famous British politician and a famous vampire...

Seems these unrelenting winters are a worldwide trend, Spooky. . And I m not even sure I want to trade these months of freezing ice, wind and cold for- Yikes! - 100 degree autumns.

Spring here may become as brief as a Twitter post.Crocus aren't even up yet. Maybe I ll see a daffodil in July. Sigh.

Back to the subject at hand, Bonito; I always seem to miss the 'obvious ones' - I have no clue. Is this person in theatre and movies?
It is a one off. Cool change on Tuesday and should stay cool thereafter. Autumn has always been my fave season. You call it Fall.. is that due to the falling of the leaves.. obvious reason?

Here's another shot of him, on the left, with two (British) actors who were starring in one of his plays.
Clue: he was played in a biopic by an actor who has also played a famous British politician and a famous vampire...

That is Kenneth Williams and I know the female.. yes a young Geraldine McEwen if not mistaken. The man on the left is playwright Joe Orton.

Yes,Spooky, I suppose they call it fall b/c of the falling leaves. Glad you'll be cooling off soon. Summer's my favorite season. Warm days, long days, and everything's green.

And Bonito can tell you about your ID, I don't recognize any of these people.

That is Kenneth Williams and I know the female.. yes a young Geraldine McEwen if not mistaken. The man on the left is playwright Joe Orton.

Completely right on all counts. Over to you

Crocus aren't even up yet.
We have crocuses as of last week, daffodil shoots with a bit of yellow & snowdrops.

Yes,Spooky, I suppose they call it fall b/c of the falling leaves. Glad you'll be cooling off soon. Summer's my favorite season. Warm days, long days, and everything's green.

And Bonito can tell you about your ID, I don't recognize any of these people.
Are you mid west? Our summers can get very hot.. a dry heat upwards of 38/40C (100F+).. We average about 29-32C however which is more pleasant. Further inland can get up to 46C that is furnace like.

Haven’t a clue.
You also seem reluctant to ask questions. hint. His primary historical achievement was in the last century. He had to travel south from his home.

You also seem reluctant to ask questions. hint. His primary historical achievement was in the last century. He had to travel south from his home.
Also have no idea, I'm afraid. Was the 'travelling south' going from Britain to Australia?

Could be an explorer of the South Pole, although I don't feel confident that it's Shackleton .
(Is it?)

And speaking of the Sourh Pole, I want to state for the record we're expecting bout half a foot of snow for the first day spring , here in the stateside Hotel de Glacé.

Hhhhhhheeeeeeelllllllppppppp meeeseeee please.

Could be an explorer of the South Pole, although I don't feel confident that it's Shackleton .
(Is it?)

And speaking of the Sourh Pole, I want to state for the record we're expecting bout half a foot of snow for the first day spring , here in the stateside Hotel de Glacé.

Be thankful you are not getting Europes Beast From The East Lenslady. My English friend said it was the worst snow storms she can remember.

How perceptive. What made you think of an polar explorer. No not Shackleton. Yes South Pole. Just think a far shorter travel distance south than it is from England. He was a close collaborator of several polar explorers and . He is also one of the few and the only from his own country to reach the South Pole. He is also responsible for naming large sections of Antarctica. Have you watched the Shackelton mini series with Kenneth Branagh?
Here he is (right) with companions on reaching the South Pole. January,16,1909.

(Is it?)

I had to look up Hotel de Glace. Wow.

Had to look this one up , but I am confident it 's another South Pole explorer: Douglas Mawson. Bonita, you flex the muscles of my mind ( that s a good thing)

Spooky thank you for looking up that hotel from hell lol. and especially for calling me perceptive,
there are two reasons for that insight about the South Pole
1-I'm a true 'nature girl' , so in exploring that interest, have acquired a lot of facts and tidbits iabout the natural world-did n t see the series but I should in the future.

2-I t s not a stretch b/c I'm living in friggin Antarctica now!!!

Btw I m surely NOT a daredevil, rugged hiker, but I always love a liesurely day walking in the woods, the shore, the hills. Which is where you ll find me almost every week of the year but not this year!!! Phooey!!!! It has snowed every week for weeks, last week we even had snow that wasn't predicted.

Today was not much snow but a good dose of hard rain, sleet and 'weird frozen pellets' ( a phrase from one of Stirchley s magazines) Tomorrow they are calling for 2 feet of snow.

And a sad lol story that may only matter to us tree huggers. Nuthin is blooming or budding here except a tiny magnolia bush down the road, which was probably planted just last spring. This tiny toddler of a tree has started bearing its pink and white flowers. Right on schedule, if spring wasn't delayed for oh .....another winter. I feel like this innocent lil bush just did what nature is telling it to do. unlike the rest of the floral kingdom which was wise enough to stay ias bare as Miother Hubbard s cup board. I took. a pic of it just to remember what a flower looks like.

Not looking forward to tomorrow to see how it fares the next polar vortex onslaught of snow, wind, freezing temps and ice bound malingering.

Sigh sigh sigh.

Had to look this one up , but I am confident it 's another South Pole explorer: Douglas Mawson. Bonita, you flex the muscles of my mind ( that s a good thing)

Spooky thank you for looking up that hotel from hell lol. and especially for calling me perceptive,
there are two reasons for that insight about the South Pole
1-I'm a true 'nature girl' , so in exploring that interest, have acquired a lot of facts and tidbits iabout the natural world-did n t see the series but I should in the future.

2-I t s not a stretch b/c I'm living in friggin Antarctica now!!!

Btw I m surely NOT a daredevil, rugged hiker, but I always love a liesurely day walking in the woods, the shore, the hills. Which is where you ll find me almost every week of the year but not this year!!! Phooey!!!! It has snowed every week for weeks, last week we even had snow that wasn't predicted.

Today was not much snow but a good dose of hard rain, sleet and 'weird frozen pellets' ( a phrase from one of Stirchley s magazines) Tomorrow they are calling for 2 feet of snow.

And a sad lol story that may only matter to us tree huggers. Nuthin is blooming or budding here except a tiny magnolia bush down the road, which was probably planted just last spring. This tiny toddler of a tree has started bearing its pink and white flowers. Right on schedule, if spring wasn't delayed for oh .....another winter. I feel like this innocent lil bush just did what nature is telling it to do. unlike the rest of the floral kingdom which was wise enough to stay ias bare as Miother Hubbard s cup board. I took. a pic of it just to remember what a flower looks like.

Not looking forward to tomorrow to see how it fares the next polar vortex onslaught of snow, wind, freezing temps and ice bound malingering.

Sigh sigh sigh.
Douglas Mawson is correct. Australia's true great polar explorer.

Where are those global warming skeptics now. Winters getting longer & colder.. summers hotter, longer and more ultra ferocious tropical storms/cyclones/hurricanes. Our autumnal plants are making an appearance in winter now. Go figure it. Heard of the Wattyl our natural floral emblem?

I am going to post a few comments first and then post my 'face' next, too cluttered otherwise.

@Stirchley I don't know how you were lucky enough that you got all those flowers. Here I ' ve seen one bunch of snowdrops in a 5 mile radius, a couple of shoots of what may be crocus and no daffodils. Magnolias should be starting here now, but except for my orphan shrub, trees are bare.

Spooky I am in complete and TOTAL agreement with you about climate change. For some folks, I guess the earth is still flat.

Looked up the golden wattle. Lovely, And I understand you have a wattyl day- I love that Oz has these kind of national celebrations.

Which brings me to my next face. I think no ones gonna get this guy. But I m gonna post him anyways. B/c that s jest the kinda obtuse mood I m in tonight lol and btw did I mention they 're already predicting another snowstorm for the weekend?

So s I m gonna give yas a tough one- and here's the clue:
He has an indirect connection with what 's happening exactly a month from now in Winton,