India corner

Tools    

At the suggestion of citizen rules I am starting India corner . Of course I have my Bollywood movies thread .

India has several film industries . Bollywood is the main , producing films in the hindi language . But there are also others in other parts of the country ; yeah , the country is more like a continent with different languages in other parts of the country and their own film industries in those languages . South indian films in their respective regional languages are most influential in their states . Many south film stars have become chief ministers of those states . Temples have been built where people pray to idols of the film stars . Cases have occurred where people have committed suicide when they heard that their favourite film stars are not well in health or dead .

My own language ( mother tongue ) is marathi . But marathi films are overshadowed by the presence of Bollywood in the same state in Mumbai/Bombay . Anyway the marathi people are not mad for films anyway . So I mostly see Bollywood films or english films . But the first film ever made in India was by Dadasaheb Phalke , a marathi . It earn't so much money that the money had to be transported in bullock carts !! The Indian film industry hasn't looked back since then and is the largest cinema making place in the world .

You can't win an argument just by being right!
I posted in here the other day, I'm sure, and it has disappeared.Trying again. I'll just try this as a test and come back in a bit.

This is gonna be a great thread,ashdoc. I only just bought some silk and crystal embossed clothes from India that arrived yesterday. I am so happy with them. The Indian fabric is gorgeous.

OK test test. one, tsu. one tsu.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Well, that escalated quickly.
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

Just who is the better khan?
Im in favor amir right now but "shahrukh" own my childhood. Never care that much with salman

You can't win an argument just by being right!
I went to the Aga Khan's university hospital in Nairobi and the staff were all pretty nice. The first multi racial hospital in Kenya and it's not for profit which is pretty cool. All self funded unless things have changed since I was there. this takes care of the sub saharan network of hospitals though, so maybe ashdoc would prefer to leave it out? He started the thread about India so he's boss.

Oh my goodness my ty[ing is finally getting a bit clearer.

Lol at Minio.

Im in favor amir right now but "shahrukh" own my childhood. Never care that much with salman

shah rukh is favoured by women because he has played many romantic roles in bollywood films .

amir khan is the best of the khans ; produces intelligent films and puts heart and soul into each film .

salman is the most popular among the khans actually . but he is for the masses not the classes .

shah rukh is favoured by women because he has played many romantic roles in bollywood films .

amir khan is the best of the khans ; produces intelligent films and puts heart and soul into each film .

salman is the most popular among the khans actually . but he is for the masses not the classes .
i see, so that's the impression with salman. It seems -to me- that he totally been outplayed by the other two -quality wise, movie, acting- except the popularity always been high

Im agree with amir, but it feel he's quiet latr bloomer in compare to other two. I remember as kid at the time amir's stuff was kinda overlooked.

i see, so that's the impression with salman. It seems -to me- that he totally been outplayed by the other two -quality wise, movie, acting- except the popularity always been high

Im agree with amir, but it feel he's quiet latr bloomer in compare to other two. I remember as kid at the time amir's stuff was kinda overlooked.

the first khan who ruled bollywood was yusuf khan in the 50s ; but he changed his name to dilip kumar because he thought it was more marketable . he was a thespian who used to do tragic roles .

the most flamboyant khan was feroz khan , who produced extremely westernised films showcasing the hedonistic life in the eighties---full of partying and drugs .

I'm watching Callan at the moment and, hot on the heels of Vladek Sheybal, who I mentioned in the Polish thread, yesterday's episode, The Worst Soldier I Ever Saw (1969), featured Saeed Jaffrey. I can't remember seeing him so young and he was playing a sinister doctor coming to examine a British brigadier being hired to work for a sultan. So many fantastic actors in that series.

lol

Me lacking star trek reference :'D
In before it persuade another wrath of khan's clan
…and that's definitely the best out-of-control "Khaaaaaaaaaaaan!" delivery as well .

the first khan who ruled bollywood was yusuf khan in the 50s ; but he changed his name to dilip kumar because he thought it was more marketable . he was a thespian who used to do tragic roles .

the most flamboyant khan was feroz khan , who produced extremely westernised films showcasing the hedonistic life in the eighties---full of partying and drugs .
it seems dilap kumar was icon to beat for. The faces did feel familiar somehow especially feroz that still have roles up to 2000s

Oh my goodness my ty[ing is finally getting a bit clearer.
The graphic designer David Carson got away with it in the Nineties .

lets post photos of some indian heroines . here is madubala from the black and white era . though colour photos of her do exist---

here is dimple kapadia from the eighties

another goodlooker from the eighties---anita raaj

. here is madubala
there is indian tv show that i think aired last year in my native titled madhubala. I dont watch it so idk if it related or just source of inspiration from rral life madhubala

here is dimple kapadia from the eighties

[IMG]https://i2.cinestaan.com/image-bank/1500-1500/52001-53000/52613.jpg[IMG]

another goodlooker from the eighties---anita raaj

[IMG]https://qph.fs.quoracdn.net/main-qimg-c9bcbdade3d581a63f74707b7c3af2c7[IMG]
stunning faces. Totally dejavu with dimple kapadia, biggest bet for arjun (1985) with sunny deol

stunning faces. Totally dejavu with dimple kapadia, biggest bet for arjun (1985) with sunny deol
Sunny deol is dimple's boyfriend since the eighties. He has packed off his wife pooja/Linda ( who is of mixed British and Indian descent) back to London where she came from . And dimple has left her now dead husband long ago . I am not sure i approve of this extramarital affair though.