Who wants to be on our next podcast?

Tools    

I'm not replying to this to single you out, but rather using it as an excuse to tell everyone: very little is involved! Just installing Skype (which is free and easy to use), and maybe buying a really cheap (like $10-20, tops) headset mic, if you don't already have one. Really, any cheap thing that has a mic which sits right in front of your mouth usually does a very good job.
I looked yesterday and there's a free Skype download for Windows users from Windows Updates/Microsoft.

Yeah, Skype's free and always has been, I believe. There are some options that allow you to call normal phones for a fee (pretty cheap), but calling other Skype users doesn't cost anything.

I figure the mic is the only hurdle. And, frankly, we've done decent-sounding podcasts with people using Skype on their phones anyway, so it's not even a total dealbreaker. I just didn't want anyone demurring because they figured they had to buy a bunch of stuff (or necessarily anything at all) or were otherwise intimidated by the technology side.

Nice voice, MovieGal....You should make a good podcaster. If you do good, maybe it will encourage me to get the recording equipment and give it a try sometime.
Thanks and you should do it no matter what. You review better than I do.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
I was thinking of MovieGal's accent and a thought suddenly popped into my head - it would be really cool if someone can do the transatlantic accent.

I was thinking of MovieGal's accent and a thought suddenly popped into my head - it would be really cool if someone can do the transatlantic accent.

I think if I do another Podcast, it'll be in my impersonation of Richard Burton when he was the Narrator in Jeff Wayne's War Of The Worlds

I think if I do another Podcast, it'll be in my impersonation of Richard Burton when he was the Narrator in Jeff Wayne's War Of The Worlds
I'll definitely listen to that, Rattus!

Our next podcast guest is.. @neiba!

And the film under discussion will be...The Square, winner of 2017's Palme d'Or and nominated for the Best Foreign Language Film Oscar.

And we'll be recording this very weekend, so expect the podcast sometime next week.

All recorded! Expect the usual 5-15 day editing period, so maybe late this week or early next depending on how smoothly it goes and how much works I end up having. It was a great, deep, insightful conversation and both @neiba and @Slappydavis had a lot of interesting, perceptive things to say. My thanks to them both.

The thing isolated becomes incomprehensible
All recorded! Expect the usual 5-15 day editing period, so maybe late this week or early next depending on how smoothly it goes and how much works I end up having. It was a great, deep, insightful conversation and both @neiba and @Slappydavis had a lot of interesting, perceptive things to say. My thanks to them both.
Thanks @Yoda and @Slappydavis for the invite and for such amazing views on this film! I finished the podcast with even more insights on it and liking it even more.

Was it only me that when it was over remembered a ton of things that I forgot to say?

Was it only me that when it was over remembered a ton of things that I forgot to say?
Used to happen to me a lot; less often now that I take notes, but it still happens sometimes, yeah.

I post a thread for open discussion about each podcast/film, though, so I usually just put them in there. I'll post that early next week, even before the podcast is up, so feel free to expound there!

Should be a very interesting discussion. I just watched it a couple weeks ago so I am looking forward to it.

Definitely happens to me. But even more common what happens is that all the interesting thoughts from the other casters marinate in my head a bit and I think of entirely new things because of their insights. Which makes me kinda like the editing delay, because then by the time it drops I have some stuff I write out in the thread (which I encourage you to do if you have extra stuff to say!).

But also, for each thing I forget to say (which is fewer now that I've gotten used to organizing notes as Yoda said) there's at least 3 things that are generated via the discussion in the spur of the moment. I've loved doing these, thanks a lot for joining us neiba!

Yeah, I want to echo what Slappy said about thoughts that form as a result of other people's comments. Sometimes the in-the-moment reactions are better than anything I thought of while taking notes or thinking about things slowly and more deliberately. It's kind of humbling, actually, to realize through doing these how much of thought itself is (or should be!) collaborative.

Thanks @Yoda and @Slappydavis for the invite and for such amazing views on this film! I finished the podcast with even more insights on it and liking it even more.

You're Portuguese, right? How did it go as a non-native English speaker?

Wow wow wow, that's fantastic Neiba, slappy and Yods. Really looking forward especially as this is on top of my list that I gave to my husband just before I came here.

You're Portuguese, right? How did it go as a non-native English speaker?
I don't want to speak for neiba as he'll definitely have more insight to add, but I can say as someone on the other side I think he flowed perfectly in the conversation (and in retrospect, this is particularly an admirable feat because both yoda and I also talk rapidly; to the point it might not even qualify as English).

Honestly, it's a bit embarrassing because I'm not sure I could find a bathroom if I had to ask in any language other than english, and he had no problem talking through really complicated ideas with no issues at all. It's unfair I tell you!

There was also some very intriguing perspectives he had on the film as a European, but won't spoil that

I won't dance. Don't ask me...
.... and he had no problem talking through really complicated ideas with no issues at all. It's unfair I tell you!
Uhhmmm, I'm so jealous

Thanks for the answer

The thing isolated becomes incomprehensible
Oh, thanks @Slappydavis! xD

Well, I'd obviously feel more comfortable in portuguese and I'd probably go deeper on some subjects if I wasn't so worried about the vocabulary but I think I did ok! xD I'll let you be the judges of that!