2018 Movie Tournament

Tools    

Round 1, Set 3

Let the Right One In (2008) vs Cat on a Hot Tin Roof (1958)
The River (1951) vs Predator (1987)
Once Were Warriors (1994) vs Lady Snowblood (1973)
Mona Lisa vs Bridget Jones's Diary
House of Tolerance vs Army of Darkness

Hoping to fit another one or perhaps two viewings in (if available to me) so I can vote on another cpl of matches before the week's out.

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
My excuse is that wolves are my favourite animals after tigers and i'd like to dance with them.

Wolves ARE the best!! Favorite for me as well and that is an excellent image!!
Put a smile on my face!

Also a big fan of foxes.

So much that when i was a kid i used to try and chase after dirty wild foxes when i was a kid. My one was paranoid one would attack me and give me rabies Like i was ever going to catch a fox, gosh mum.

we have red foxes around here, though I've never been lucky enough to see one. That would be pretty cool.
I see them pretty frequently here at night, although they quickly disappear usually. So fast and majestic, love them. Few weeks ago i looked out my window at like 1AM and saw four of them nonchalantly walking together. As much as i like them that would definitely have made me nervous haha.

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
I see them pretty frequently here at night, although they quickly disappear usually. So fast and majestic, love them. Few weeks ago i looked out my window at like 1AM and saw four of them nonchalantly walking together. As much as i like them that would definitely have made me nervous haha.
Yeah, I love those kind of moments. We have a lot of deer roaming the neighborhoods and a lot of late nights or rainy days you can see them. Actually had one visit our backyard late November. Along with hawks always circling or perching, (saw one snatch up a gray squirrel outside my window a few years back) we get the usual raccoons, hedgehogs, possums and skunks. The occasional garter snake now and again out in the woods. I've heard owls out and about but never seen them.
I remember there being sightings of mountain lions some 10-15 yrs ago, but for such creatures like bear and elk you have to go to the northern tip of Michigan.
Don't know what I'd do if I saw a bear besides be too terrified to move lol

Sadly, no wolves, but there a federal reserve in, I believe either Indiana or Illinois and there are packs in Minnesota, I believe. Keep planning on visiting the reserve and haven't yet.

Two more I can vote in.....
The Bad and the Beautiful vs The Departed
Funny Games (1997) vs City Girl

That's me done for this round I think, would've liked to find Hombre and Ordinary People (1980) so I could vote in those matches as well but alas it wasn't to be.

Watching Interstellar today. I'm claiming the tiebreaker vote haha, don't want to watch a nearly three hour film then see someone else has already broke it. Hope it's good.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly vs Sideways
I hate both of these, but Sideways is shorter.
Now I know why I love so many MoFo girls, but not you!
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.