New Emoticons

Tools    

Oh c'mon ..... you knew I would
(sometimes it pays to be annoying lol)

You can't just say something off hand like that to Rodent! He'll just throw five hours into it just because you mentioned it casually our of reflexive helpfulness!

How kewl would it be if the whistling one was not only animated but actually whistled a chune .....

(this post has been brought to you by the Saverodentfrombeingbored Foundation)

This reminds me of the time someone proposed I change the Christmas snow effect so it collected at the bottom and when it got too high I should have a little guy with a plow come out and clear it out.

This reminds me of the time someone proposed I change the Christmas snow effect so it collected at the bottom and when it got too high I should have a little guy with a plow come out and clear it out.
Sounds perfectly reasonable to me - do you think it'll be ready for next Christmas?

Okay, been uploading some of these. Bashful was a clear improvement, so I did that first. I'm looking at the shading stuff: it definitely looks good and consistent, but my quandary is that I like the sheen effect on most of them, so I'm trying to balance that against the desire to have them be more uniform (which I guess was the idea, because some of them are missing that sheen?).

Oh, I added too, but I noticed the whistle noise line is white and only shows up on white BGs. Dunno if you have a dark one for things like shouts or the chat.

Done
Original Black:
New White: (can't see the whistle line on here but it'll be visible in the Shoutbox)

You can't just say something off hand like that to Rodent! He'll just throw five hours into it just because you mentioned it casually our of reflexive helpfulness!
Who, me?

I tried animating a transparent background image and sadly for some reason I simply can't get it to work.
It ends up glitching all the time.
Will work on it but don't expect any animated ones any time soon

Done
Original Black:
New White: (can't see the whistle line on here but it'll be visible in the Shoutbox)
Cool cool. It's a little more involved (have to edit some actual CSS) to get dual smilies working, but I'll have that done shortly.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.

That would be so cool!

Okay, cool, modified whistle will show up in shouts, and I've made sure both that and the original idea for this (the confused smilie) show up properly in the chat now, too.

How about a new sticky-out-tongue?

That first one is freaking me out. Looks more like "I'm insane and I'll do anything" than playful.

The smug one is growing on me, though.

@Yoda

Made 3 to choose from.
Deep Red
Pink
Paler Pink
OMG OMG OMG!!!!

I use the a lot. Sometimes I have no words, but want to convey a radiation of warmth. A heart's the only emoticon that fits.