Movie You're Watching Tonight

Tools    

Im not going to whine and pout about this American remake

Im sure the french one is better..and yes, i have seen the french one.

Weird is relative.
Iron Monkey (1993)

“I was cured, all right!”

Used to like this film when I was a kid. Can't remember almost nothing.

Hellsing Ultimate IV

It's been ages since I last saw this one too.

movies can be okay...
"A film has to be a dialogue, not a monologue — a dialogue to provoke in the viewer his own thoughts, his own feelings. And if a film is a dialogue, then it’s a good film; if it’s not a dialogue, it’s a bad film."
- Michael "Gloomy Old Fart" Haneke

A double bill at the cinema for me today :

Starting with The Florida Project , which I'm expecting to be really good.

And finishing it off with The Black Panther , which I just had to see with the box-office success it's having and the praise it's getting.

“I was cured, all right!”
Starting now:

I've been waiting to see this for a very long time, finally I managed to find it so... yep, I'm very happy, hope it is good.

3 hours with Andrei Tarkovsky!

I had completely forgotten about this movie, occasionally I came across a poster of it and immediately reminded myself that I had not seen it. I'll fix it tonight.

Since I'm going to see Elle, I'll use this as an excuse to watch the director's cut of Robocop for the first time. A Paul Verhoeven double feature.

I'm a big fan of Gundam since I was a kid, this film is the first part (of four) and It is a retelling of the story from the 1979 anime television series Mobile Suit Gundam!

"Like John Woo morphed with Wong Kar-wai"
Okay, you got me. It's been a long time since I was looking for the restoration of this movie, this cover never left my head.

كُنْ فَيَكُونُ
Elias Merhige - Begotten

I got mad respect for Merhige, I wish I could meet him. An awesome man, who happens to have several excellent films behind him! This being the one with the 'cult following', absolutely beautiful, ritualistic and unsettling:

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Watching now. Just came on tv. This is great having tv on during the day and stupid o'clock when i cant sleep.All the oldies come on.

The Long Hot Summer

Paul Newman and his bride, Joanne Woodward. I dont know if this is when they fell in love or were already married so some of you classic movie fans can let me know while I multi task and have a looksee -- if you feel like it.