Female Beauty We Appreciate

Tools    

Rachel Brosnahan did a quick topless scene in Louder Than Bombs. From a woman’s POV, she has perfect boobs.

*Quick bit of research — yes they look very nice .
Her topless scene in Louder Than Bombs was somewhat gratuitous IMO. Unnecessary for the scene & odd in a movie where everybody else was more or less dressed.

Her topless scene in Louder Than Bombs was somewhat gratuitous IMO. Unnecessary for the scene & odd in a movie where everybody else was more or less dressed.
It's a good question isn't it? When are such scenes appropriate and when are they gratuitous? I'm just thinking of one in Angel (1982) and the nakedness is intimate and acceptable in that way but it's also quite a good way of representing where the character is emotionally.

It's a good question isn't it? When are such scenes appropriate and when are they gratuitous? I'm just thinking of one in Angel (1982) and the nakedness is intimate and acceptable in that way but it's also quite a good way of representing where the character is emotionally.
Right. I love nudity in a movie when it makes sense. Last Tango in Paris, for example. Just watched Neon Demon. Quite a lot of female nudity, but Elle Fanning was neither topless nor nude. She didn’t need to be (it only appeared that she was) & I actually give her a lot of credit for this. I am guessing she was asked to strip & she declined & they cast her as the lead anyway.

Brosnahan was topless & that was her choice IMO. Problem with nudity though is that once you get your kit off (male & female) it’s then always expected. Helen Mirren & Kate Winslet, for example, have done a ton of nudity. But Meryl Streep only a bit now & then.

Right. I love nudity in a movie when it makes sense. Last Tango in Paris, for example. Just watched Neon Demon. Quite a lot of female nudity, but Elle Fanning was neither topless nor nude. She didn’t need to be (it only appeared that she was) & I actually give her a lot of credit for this. I am guessing she was asked to strip & she declined & they cast her as the lead anyway.

Brosnahan was topless & that was her choice IMO. Problem with nudity though is that once you get your kit off (male & female) it’s then always expected. Helen Mirren & Kate Winslet, for example, have done a ton of nudity. But Meryl Streep only a bit now & then.
I remember comparing Saskia Reeves to Helen Mirren in relation to the nude scenes early in her career. I think they were all justified artistically……that sounds like the actors in Blackadder the Third . I miss watching Saskia though. I'll have to get hold of Butterfly Kiss again.

This might just do nobody any good.
If any of ya’ll have Amazon Prime and aren’t watching The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, you are missing out on one of the best shows right now. Brosnahan is so so so so good in it.

https://www.movieforums.com/communit...d.php?&t=52581

(She’s topless in this as well (in trying to bait some of you here) but unlike Louder Than Bombs, it’s a totally cathartic moment and a very funny one as well.)

"Watch'you Talkin Bout Skywalker."
Less talky and more ladies: Olivia Munn Round 2 - What the hell.....I have needs.

If any of ya’ll have Amazon Prime and aren’t watching The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, you are missing out on one of the best shows right now. Brosnahan is so so so so good in it.
Maybe I will take a look. For some reason, I think I won’t like this show.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Is
tsubasa Honda a model or actress, reso?

You can't win an argument just by being right!

Nudity in film doesnt bother me unless it's in something like a tv show and every episode you say to yourself GRATUITOUS NUDE SCENE. You've probably done this and know what I'm talking about.
I loved, absolutely loved the episode of the crown featuring Margaret's relationship with the photographer but it caused all the old girlies on fb to have a melt down. same with I Tonya and the swearing. I thought the violence in I Tonya was so much worse than any swearing if they wanted to bleat about it.