Blade Runner 2049

Tools    

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Oh wow. This is not a criticism of your spoi.er tags but just an observation to share. I must have a magic laptop - I can see them without opening the tags. White text on grey background. Just curious how this happens. I didnt read them 'cos havent seen it yet.

This might just do nobody any good.
There’s a bit of fun to be had in Ridley Scott, of all people, thinking that this movie was “f***ing too long”.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
I didnt think much of it but as a disclaimer, I kept falling asleep so didnt see all of it but I will say I unfortunately woke up each time the camera was focused on Gosling's sad puppy dog face and that drove me up the wall. Is this the thing with Gosling these days.

Will rewatch when I'm more lively.

I’m in an odd spot of preferring this to the original. I just never had much of an investment in Scott’s movie, aside from a general admiration. That’s my deal with lots of majorly influential movies (sorry Lawrence of Arabia).

Here, right away, I caught onto the subversions of masculinity, audience expectation (did anyone else guess Leto’s character as the answer to the twist?), and how the mystery ultimately turns out to be so much more intimate than the film’s scale may imply. And much like Drive or The Nice Guys, Gosling finds ways of playing with his reputation, bred out of stuff like The Notebook.

I did not see the twist coming.

I just caught the Cowboy Bebop refrence at the end.

there's a frog in my snake oil
Holy crap they are getting good at this...

i prefer original blade runner, its so much better
why its so much better?

Watching "Dark Days", the making of Blade Runner.

Watched this before, and only now just twigged that the start sequence of 2049 with the pot of soup and K meeting Sapper, was the start sequence for the original movie that was never used

i like the new film, it has the same atmosphere and overall look as the first, the cinematography is very close, its a nice sequel to a great classic

“I was cured, all right!”
My favorite thing about Blade Runner 2049, it's that most of K's feelings aren't talked through monologues or with some random dialogue with another character. We actually have to feel the same thing that he's feeling to understand his motivations, except for the flashbacks in some scenes.

WARNING: "Blade Runner 2049" spoilers below
My favorite scene, it's when K is facing that giant hologram of Joi, it's when he finally realise that all of his journey was futile and it was a mislead. In the rain, he realises that Joi was there just talking what he want to hear and that his existence was in general empty until that moment, cause he was just doing what he was created for: Search and destroy! It's the most important moment for the character imo, cause now he can choose, freely, whatever he wants to do with the rest of his existence. He then choose to do the right thing, just like Roy in the original, he chooses to save Deckard. The best thing about all this, is that there's no talking about all this hurricane that was his mind during that particular moment. If he cried we will never know, cause the tears would have been gone like tears in the rain.

"Watch'you Talkin Bout Skywalker."
i like the new film, it has the same atmosphere and overall look as the first, the cinematography is very close, its a nice sequel to a great classic
I agree and was presently surprised myself. Of course I have never been a huge fan of Blade Runner, only a casual fan with mostly admiration in general film. I enjoy the original alright, but don't pray too it at night.

"Watch'you Talkin Bout Skywalker."
Vangelis, Douglas Trumbull, Rutger Hauer, ...a few reasons why it's impossible to even compare.
I certainly wouldn't say the sequel is better than the original and I don't have strong feelings about either to tell ya the truth. So i'm fan of those actors too.

No one is saying its better than the original, but its a very solid sequel

I like it more than the original, so... don’t @ me?