Star Wars: Episode VIII – The Last Jedi

Tools    

Welcome to the human race...
Eh, if you're going to post a really long YouTube video (and you wouldn't be the first to do so in this thread), then at least try to sum up the key points so people can tell if it's worth 40 minutes or not.

Its not. Unless you are still obsessed with seeking out crack pots screaming about how terrible a movie this was. The fact that there are STILL losers on youtube who think making videos panning Revenge of the Jedi in mid March is a great idea is really sad. Why have these people not moved on yet?

*EDIT: errr I mean The Last Jedi. I guess its been so long since Its come out that I cant even remember its title anymore.

"Watch'you Talkin Bout Skywalker."
You guys never seen Midnight's Edge? If that's the case than just close the whole dam board if people need to move on because anything they might say or something they might post doesn't agree with how you loved the film. Let's more on then. Triggered much, Jeezze ........

They have 55,000 subscribers, so it would seem a lot of people haven't heard of them. Not sure why their popularity would matter either way, though.

They have 55,000 subscribers, so it would seem a lot of people haven't heard of them. Not sure why their popularity would matter either way, though.
And I was simply surprised how a bunch a intellectual, film cynosures hadn't heard of them, no biggie.

But Sweet Jesus,.....if you kids are going get huffy cause someone posts a video or says something about this wonderful film and beloved Disney Star Wars, then why is it even still up for God's sakes?

Sweet Jesus,.....if you kids are going get huffy cause someone posts a video or says something about this wonderful film and beloved Disney Star Wars, then why is it even still up for God's sakes?
This is the kind of response where, if you remove the exaggeration, there's no more response.

Nobody's huffy, and it's perfectly fair to point out that "here's a video that agrees with me" doesn't add much to the discussion without highlighting some relevant portion of it. I mean, I could dig up a video of people who loved the film and post it...and then what? I can expect you to watch the whole hour and reply in detail, or consider my point made?

This is the kind of response where, if you remove the exaggeration, there's no more response.

Nobody's huffy, and it's perfectly fair to point out that "here's a video that agrees with me" doesn't add much to the discussion without highlighting some relevant portion of it. I mean, I could dig up a video of people who loved the film and post it...and then what? I can expect you to watch the whole hour and reply in detail, or consider my point made?

There's ****** video's everywhere on this forum without explanation or setup. So save me your double standard, cause you don't like my views or what have you. If you kids arent getting huffy then whats the problem? Would you like me too post a video of someone kissing the films ass?

There's ****** video's everywhere on this forum without explanation or setup.
First: where? Be specific. And note that we're talking about videos in the middle of disagreements, and in lieu of arguments, and also of a length that would be onerous to expect someone to watch all the way through. That's the relevant comparison.

Second, of course there are some examples of this: that's the whole point! People keep leaning on it, and while it's not a big deal here and there, after awhile it gets pretty lame.

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
That and the fact this thread is now 61 pages deep! I argued for a few pages so I get it, but most likely whatever is noted in the video has been posted here at least 20 times, argued, defended, then everyone gets bored and goes to the Shoutbox for a day or three waiting for the next thread.

I'll probably watch it when I get home because I get an evil pleasure out of cheering on my frustrations (assuming that's what it is about) but I doubt it's going to offer any new insight. So yeah, even agreeing, it would still help to post some key points to help encourage my lazy procrastination.

*EDIT*
well, technically not to encourage my procrastination. Rather to draw me out of it.

"Ever try to forcibly pin down a house cat? It's not easy." - Captain Steel

"I just can't get pass sticking a finger up a dog's butt." - John Dumbear

Second, of course there are some examples of this: that's the whole point! People keep leaning on it, and while it's not a big deal here and there, after awhile it gets pretty lame.
So,..... No,no post video's without massive setup and intro's and explanation. Got it. In fact just don't it, especially if your me and talking about the last Jedi. Glad we're clear.

Apparently you edited this bit in after I started replying (and you did the same thing with the earlier post, adding in some more insults). Would you mind taking a moment before posting something to make sure you've gotten all your jabs in? Or, better yet, just exclude the petty jabs altogether!

If you kids arent getting huffy then whats the problem?
You think there's no space between "getting huffy" and objecting to something, or pointing out that it's kinda lame? Seems like a pretty simple distinction.

Would you like me too post a video of someone kissing the films ass?
Nope. Just argue what you wanna argue, or point out whatever arguments from the video you think are particularly relevant. This really isn't complicated at all.

And since you're asking this kind of question, I'll re-up mine: what are you expecting from posting it? And if someone posts some kind of counter-video, what would you do? Watch a couple of hours on spec and rebut it?

So no post video's without massive setup and intro's and explanation. Got it.
See above re: responses that cease to exist if you remove the exaggeration. You say "massive setup and intro's" when the actual level we're discussing is "absolutely no comment or context whatsoever."

Apparently you edited this bit in after I started replying (and you did the same thing with the earlier post, adding in some more insults). Would you mind taking a moment before posting something to make sure you've gotten all your jabs in? Or, better yet, just exclude the petty jabs altogether!
Cute, ...but no gabs unless you feel you've been personally attacked? Yeah, I edited it. So sorry. I'll make sure I get all my thoughts in dad.

You think there's no space between "getting huffy" and objecting to something, or pointing out that it's kinda lame? Seems like a pretty simple distinction.
Okay, well you call it what you will. If it's lame, so sorry. Wonder how lame it would have been if I posted a video of some fan kissing the films bunghole that came from another poster you like.

Nope. Just argue what you wanna argue, or point out whatever arguments from the video you think are particularly relevant. This really isn't complicated at all.
Oh kay, well.....I look forward to seeing other video's and how it's done right.

And since you're asking this kind of question, I'll re-up mine: what are you expecting from posting it? And if someone posts some kind of counter-video, what would you do? Watch a couple of hours on spec and rebut it?
What am I expecting. Christ-Almighty......you make it sound like a military take-over. It's a Last Jedi board. I guess I just got crazy. I'm a fan of Midnight's Edge and those guys and I thought others on here might be too. If you were to listen to the whole video you would find some of those guys kinda liked it or didn't have a huge problem with it.

But hay, If you wanna post a counter video, or what you think is one, so be it.

I agree, such a beautiful and touching love letter to the fanbase. But you know, haters gonna hate. The thought that anyone would not like this film is just discussing and lame. They must really hate strong women. You can feel the love tonight, I sure can. I agree on all points, please watch.

Generally, sarcasm is used after someone's made a decent point and wants to punctuate it with some humor. Big fan of that.

When it's deployed instead of a decent point, in response to reasonable arguments or distinctions, it's just weird and defensive.

Generally, sarcasm is used after someone's made a decent point and wants to punctuate it with some humor. Big fan of that.

When it's deployed instead of a decent point, in response to reasonable arguments or distinctions, it's just weird and defensive.

Those are a lotta big words, I just wanna fit in dad.

I really just wanted to give the video thing another go and do it right. I thought I would post a proper view this time. Hope your not mad. Please be gentle.