What was the last DVD you bought and why?

Tools    

@Nausicaä, how many DVDs do you reckon you have in your collection?

I would say about 800-900 dvds/blu-rays in my collection going by Rodent's counting(he counted them in the first few posts/lists of my collection topic). If you mean just dvds then I estimate 400ish going by how many shelves are filled with just dvds.

Ingmar Bergman 1971. Never been available to watch since. BFI has just released it & I bought it from amazon.uk as it’s unavailable in America.

You mean me? Kei's cousin?

I initially wasn't going to since it's region B-locked and I already own Funimation's excellent 25th anniversary edition, but the fact that my favorite poster is among the included memorabilia got me to cave.

Because I collect Italian splatters.

Because maybe I have a slight Ben Affleck collection going, too.

Because I loved it, haven't seen it in a long time, and the blu ray was too cheap to say no to.

Don't know if I have any fellow VHS collectors (tapeheads) out there, but I just ran across this program where you pay $9 a month, and you are sent two VHS tapes in the genre of your choosing! Sounds like an awesome deal; I'm probably going to sign up next week!

https://vhs-box.com/

Don't know if I have any fellow VHS collectors (tapeheads) out there, but I just ran across this program where you pay $9 a month, and you are sent two VHS tapes in the genre of your choosing! Sounds like an awesome deal; I'm probably going to sign up next week!

https://vhs-box.com/
Didn’t even know those things are around any longer.

Didn’t even know those things are around any longer.
I'm not saying they're the vinyl of the video market, but it's making (sort of) a comeback, especially since the new Alamo Drafthouse rental store, Vortex Video, will be renting out VHS movies.

Because I sold it over 10 yrs ago for a pack of smokes and a taco and I don't do taco bell or cigs anymore. It's a great package. One of my fave bands of all time. Also got Hooky's new book "Substance" but that's another post.

I'm not saying they're the vinyl of the video market, but it's making (sort of) a comeback, especially since the new Alamo Drafthouse rental store, Vortex Video, will be renting out VHS movies.
Interesting since, once in a while, I come across a movie I would like to see that has not made the journey yet from VHS to DVD. Not that I even own a VHS player any longer.

Just bought the 30th anniversary set of the Back to the Future trilogy. Been looking for those movies for a while, and for about $18, can you blame me for going for it?

“I was cured, all right!”
@Saunch recommended this:

Also, @resopamenictold me it was one main technical reference for nolan in interstellar. I'm very interested.

And I buy this too. Never watched any of them.

“I was cured, all right!”

Bloodsport - this version comes with one DVD and one CD/ soundtrack. I really like the soundtrack of this one.

Should get this through in a few days, looking forwards to seeing it a lot. And due to Amazons new import fee thingy(that they refund if you don't go over), there is no chance of our Royal Mail post catching Amazon orders now and charging their disgusting £8 handling fee, so ha ha.

I've been meaning to get Elia Kazan's Panic in the Streets (1950) for a while now. Really, it's the only decent noir shot on location in New Orleans (New Orleans After Dark (1958) is too hokey to be considered a noir, and I've still yet to see New Orleans Uncensored (1955). Though I would have loved to have seen Richard Widmark doing his Tommy Udo on the streets of the French Quarter, he's not even a criminal in this movie, playing instead a doctor working for the U.S. Public Health Service tracking down a criminal (Jack Palance plays the madman in this flick) who is infected with the bubonic plague.

I grew up in a Freddy/Michael Meyers household, so there's wasn't enough love to go around for Jason. I've seen a few Friday the 13th movies, but I'm embarrassed to say that I haven't gone through all of them. I picked up the "ultimate" 8 movie collection, but I was dissapointed to see that Jason Goes To Hell (1993) wasn't included. Thankfully, I found a Jason Goes to Hell and Jason X (2001) combo DVD pack, so if I really want to be a Jason completist, I guess I'll pick that up.